+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regency House

Did anyone else watch episode 2? It airs on Wednesday nights on my PBS station...

I missed it. There's way too much stuff on Wed. at 9 PM. So I was going to catch the 3 AM showing, but forgot to set my VCR. It's on again Sunday afternoon. (If I remember.)
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I watched it, late night showing. I liked it; I do love these period shows on PBS. Sometimes I find this one a little bit difficult to follow at times -- who's who? -- who's with who? -- who's doing what? - their order of status, too.

Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory
    I am so glad to see I am not the only one watching and enjoying this.

For any other Jane Austen fans out there... Doesn't the hostess make an almost perfect Lady Catherine De Bourgh?

Quote Originally Posted by marvolomaven
    I am so glad to see I am not the only one watching and enjoying this.

For any other Jane Austen fans out there... Doesn't the hostess make an almost perfect Lady Catherine De Bourgh?
    Yes, a bit, although I think Lady Catherine was somewhat more amusing, both in the book and as played by Edna Mae Oliver.

I keep thinking of Mrs. Danvers from "Rebecca" when I see the hostess.

The men sure do have a lot more fun than the women. As a woman, I would have gone completely mad living under those conditions. And what's up with next week's preview: a naked chick on the dining room table? Did they actually do stuff like that back then?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

My vcr and I are having issues. I caught the first half hour of the second episode and blank ugh. Went to the tv listings and recorded Sat at 2am and what, more blank tape. so what happened??????
    Seemed as it the heiress was doing a little matchmaking. The host was fed up with the chaperones cuse they were not doing enought to promot any matches. The hostess was being a royal beatch.

Boy, the feminine hygiene products on last night's show really made me squirm. Although they weren't far off what was available when I was a kid. We've come a long way baby!

Did one in three women really die in childbirth back then? It's a wonder the human race managed to survive, what with plagues, etc.

Nice to see some people of color on the show.

FORT Regular
    UK viewers - this series is repeated weekday mornings on C4 (times vary) from next week in the 4 Learning strand.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Also a lifelong Jane Austen fan. I really like this show but am finding it hard to keep up with names and such. Also, there is editing of relationships a bit. The host man mentioned starting a relationship with one of the girls, and even kissing her, but there was never any footage that showed them together at all. PBS in Houston plays each episode twice so I find myself trying rewatch parts to figure out what this person was talking about or who someone is. I'm bummed if there are only 4 episodes, I may finally know their names by then.
    Just a little slow I guess!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast