+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Mansion 10/30/04 ***SPOILERS***

The Mansion 10/30/04 ***SPOILERS***

Don't read any further if you don't want to know about this episode yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Now.... OMG! Someone needs to bury Elvis in the backyard! And Andy and Jeff don't deserve much better

Andy doesn't work for 4 days, and Elvis and Jeff join him the next day in laziness and don't work for 3 days. And they have the nerve to think they deserved more?!?!?! I would have paid them zilch, zero, nada. And for Andy to get $750 while Amanda gets $100, and Kim gets $50 is ridiculous and shows that Sandy did pay based on personal feelings. I am no fan of Amanda's, I think her keeping it all on project #2 was unfair and out of line, but she certainly did more than Andy here. So I don't understand the logic of awarding her so little. And I know Kim broke the door of the oven and it was taken out of her check, which I think is fair, but I can't reconcile that with those three lazy guys each getting more than her.

If anything, I think those three guys shouldn't have gotten more than any of the other 5 who worked every day. And what plane of reality is Elvis living in when his confessionals are bragging about how hard he worked, how he "worked 24 hours a day" and harder than anyone else, when the camera shows exactly what he did and didn't do. At Andy's instigation, Elvis and Jeff both decided to take off work for 3 days and didn't do a dang thing but watch tv, drink beer, go clubbing, and go to a football game. And on the final day, Andy comes hugging up to Sandy to make up and promises to work that day... and Sandy forgives everything. Andy admits in his confessionals that using Sandy is just part of his strategy, and I wish Sandy could see that.

I'm at the point now though where I want to slap Elvis' face every time he comes on camera

So my favorites right now, after this Kitchen episode are still: Dan, Michelle, and Kim.

*heads off to make a dartboard with Elvis' picture on it*
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    Don't read any further if you don't want to know about this episode yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Now.... OMG! Someone needs to bury Elvis in the backyard! And Andy and Jeff don't deserve much better

Andy doesn't work for 4 days, and Elvis and Jeff join him the next day in laziness and don't work for 3 days. And they have the nerve to think they deserved more?!?!?! I would have paid them zilch, zero, nada. And for Andy to get $750 while Amanda gets $100, and Kim gets $50 is ridiculous and shows that Sandy did pay based on personal feelings. I am no fan of Amanda's, I think her keeping it all on project #2 was unfair and out of line, but she certainly did more than Andy here. So I don't understand the logic of awarding her so little. And I know Kim broke the door of the oven and it was taken out of her check, which I think is fair, but I can't reconcile that with those three lazy guys each getting more than her.

If anything, I think those three guys shouldn't have gotten more than any of the other 5 who worked every day. And what plane of reality is Elvis living in when his confessionals are bragging about how hard he worked, how he "worked 24 hours a day" and harder than anyone else, when the camera shows exactly what he did and didn't do. At Andy's instigation, Elvis and Jeff both decided to take off work for 3 days and didn't do a dang thing but watch tv, drink beer, go clubbing, and go to a football game. And on the final day, Andy comes hugging up to Sandy to make up and promises to work that day... and Sandy forgives everything. Andy admits in his confessionals that using Sandy is just part of his strategy, and I wish Sandy could see that.

I'm at the point now though where I want to slap Elvis' face every time he comes on camera

So my favorites right now, after this Kitchen episode are still: Dan, Michelle, and Kim.

*heads off to make a dartboard with Elvis' picture on it*

I couldn't believe that Sandy forgave Andy everything and that he got more money than the girls did...especially Kim! She has done nothing but work through this task and with no complaints. I think Sandy should have split the money up between Kim, Amanda...even though I don't like her but at least she did work, Dan and herself and not give anything to Jeff, Elvis or Andy.

Next week should be entertaining to say the least if the 3 guys go shopping for the decorating. LOL It also looks like Jeff being project manager might have a hard time keeping the crew together.

I am rooting for Kim to win but wouldn't mind seeing Dan or Michelle win it either. On the TBS website Kim says she would sell it so she could...aw heck...now I forget what she was going to do but it was for a good cause.

I did miss the first episode so in the back of my mind I have been reserving judgement abit on Jeff, Elvis and Andy. Especially, Jeff because I came in on the second episode and saw Amanda and Jeff get into it. But all hands are off.

Are these guys stupid or what? This is not an elimination show. The audience, that's me and everyone else who is watching will vote not just once but multiple times on who we (I) think deserves to win. Andy, Jeff and Elvis are not even on my list anymore because of their behavior. Big muscles, little brains, we break walls, we get house mentality will not work in this case. People who like decorating shows and home improvement shows admire people who work, not slack off. There is a time to play and this is not it.

I particularly did not like the way, Elvis was it? who slammed Kim, that was not called for and totally unnecessary. What did I see, I saw the guys watch movies, get drunk, go to a football game, and totally disrespect Sandi, as foreman, and the rest of the crew with their behavior. I was waiting for Sandi to give the boys NOTHING. That Jeff, Andy and Elvis received more than Kim and Amanda is ridiculous. Sandi totally is thinking with her hormones. She is making cute girls look ridiculous because all a guy has to do is say he is sorry. UGH, He is playing you. Sandi is at the bottom of my list, then Amanda. Kim is such a none entity I don't know were to put her. then it is Michele and Dan top's it.

I am really getting tired of this we laborers vs designers issue that A,E & J are trying to instigate. If these guys would just shut up and quit being drama queens I would have a little respect for them. At this point these guys are toast and an embarassment to the average hard working American male. Elvis is full of hatred and homophobia (calling Dan a girl). He is just disgusting and everytime he opens his mouth he just inserts his foot further in. In one or two more episodes he will be kissing his own ass. This should hopefully become a permanent position because as far as I can see that is all he is good for. I hope he enjoys the taste.

ITA with both of you!

And then to top off his arrogance, Andy STILL thinks and talks like he's going to WIN that mansion!! I don't understand if he is just SO STUPID that he's forgotten that WE are watching what's going on and WE will be voting, or if he thinks he's so full of charm and whatnot that America will just vote for him in spite of all we've seen him do. :rolleyes Can he BE that dumb? Apparently so.

And Elvis. As I already said, someone needs to bury him in the backyard. And yes, I agree with above where you said it was a cheap shot the way he started in on Kim. Maybe she does have her own reasons for volunteering to stay behind instead of go to New York and have a night out with some of the others. Maybe, I don't know. But really, I don't care. Whether she does or not, she has been working every episode, which is something the Andy-Jeff-Elvis trio can't say.

And Sandi.... Thinking with her hormones won't get her that mansion. This was just an amazing episode, imho.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread