+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MTV's Battle For Ozzfest 2004

MTV's Battle For Ozzfest 2004

It's the heavy metal opportunity of a lifetime--the king and queen of darkness, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, are looking for the next great band to rock the Ozzfest stage. MTV's giving you a VIP pass to watch it all go down. We held nationwide auditions to find 8 bands who will vie for one lucky shot at the grand prize: a highly coveted tour spot on Ozzfest 2005, plus band gear and enough money to cover all their expenses. But there's a secret twist or two that even the bands don't know about...

In the first episode, one member from each band will be selected to represent his or her band mates on tour in a set of challenges that could make rock and roll dreams become Ozzfest nightmares. With a motley crew of rock & roll characters all living on the same bus and fighting for the same dream, anything can happen--especially when your bosses are Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Slayer, Slipknot and Hatebreed, among others.

Every episode delivers more road tests and eliminations by Ozzy and Sharon. The contestants are constantly faced with various tasks intended to test their strength, be it physical, mental, moral or musical, because in the end, only one band will be crowned champion and receive the Grand Prize package...if they're hardcore enough to handle it.

Stay tuned to the show and keep checking the website all season long, because the other major twist is...your vote is going to help determine the winner in the bitter end.

Did anyone watch this?

Did anyone watch this last night? Opinions?

I just caught the first two episodes within the last few days, just that I hadn't remembered reading anything about it on here or else I'd have commented. I'm actually enjoying this, could it be cause I hang out with a band that would love to do something like this? Yeah, possibly, but even still I'm finding it really entertaining.

I'm really rooting for the gals, but I don't see the blonde making it terribly far from her snippets in the previews. The little reddish haired gal, now I'm thinking she could really kick some butt! I wish the lawyer dude with the freaky eyes weren't quite so annoying, the entire time he was going for the gals out at Ozzfest I sat here :rolleyes Oh heck, I do like the NC dude and the guy with two Moms as well. Dang, I can't find anyone to really root for cause I like too many of them I guess Now if only I could remember their names! *sigh*

I watched a little bit of both episodes.
    Now why did I know they would pick the girls to represent their bands? Oh yeah! Ratings!! I don't think the blonde girl is going to make it. She seems to queasy.

The guy with the freaky but cool contact lenses reminds me a little about Vin Diesel. But he is a dog, of the first kind!!!!

k, i've watched all the episodes so far and am really enjoying this show. granted, i can't stand the roadie they've put in charge. as a former *ahem* groupie *ahem* i realize that most have a love/hate relationship with the roadie. he's the guy that can get you backstage, but thinks he deserves the same kudos as the band because of his "illustrious" position as the dude that packs the band's gear in the bus and gets to go onstage pre-show and say, "testing 1, 2. check check." many roadies are great, but this guy is such a freakin' jerk. can't stand him.

also, kelly is a loser that thinks he is FAR better looking and more desirable than he actually is. and i feel sure that ahmad is schizophrenic.

w

I've watched 3 episode of this show and so far I really like it.

Ahmad needs to realize that he is representing his band and stop being so stupid. When I first saw the part where he was chosen as the person that went instead of the band, I thought he would of being great on the show, but boy was on wrong. WHat was he thinking when he was in the hotel getting ice.

Jesse should of at least known what the SLipknot clown's name was instead of just writing "clown" on the those girls.

Kelly- Stop talking about masturbating

Red Hair Girl- Wow she has a whole lot of pressure on her since she was basically the last resort bassist for her band

Long Beard guy- He's cool

I don't really know much about the people

yeah, i was thinking the girl bassist with the short hair was a bad choice, too, since she's only been with the band for a month... she doesn't have nearly as much invested as the other band members. i was bummed when sharon and ozzy chose her.

Yeah, I started watching this in the beginning because my husband's friend's band tried out for the show. They're a glam-rock band in LA. They didn't make it though :phhht

ozzfest

Ive watched all the shows so far and they are rockin' !! i cant wait until the new one comes on monday!

I think all the people they chose (ecxept ahmad) were all good choses! although my favorite is Kelly ! Chelsea is the bomb! i love her personality she is so cool! Ahmad needs to get a life! he is a cry baby on the 3rd episode i think it was he cryed because all the members wanted him out (i dont blame them lol ) and after the whole thing in the hotel when he was getting ice oh my that was scary!! and then theres adair hes cool but im not to sure about his moms!! and im gald jesse got kicked out after the whole slipknot thing! that was so disrespectful! then theres 2 other guys i dont think they really stick out on the show there just kinda there! i dont even remember their names lol!

I definitly think we should keep this board open and updated its like the only one i can find thats good so keep replying!!

I have enjoyed Battle For Ozzfest 2004
    There have been 5 episodes and I think I saw all of them but the latest. It's MTV it will re-run many, many times.

Can I say, wow, Jesse is dumb to break the rules like that. I mean you're being filmed of course it's going to come back. "Clown" that was just stupid.

I thought Brittany was cool but that was rude when she said all her band mates are in college. Kelly is an attorney, he's obviously educated, although you would never know it.

I don't really understand how the police can be after them too much because they even said before they approached the girls they need to check id's. They even did.

That was messed up when Sharon said that they could have said no to the bat biting.

Ahmad is very annoying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast