+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Americas Ugliest Rooms - four part group of shows

eny
    FORT Fogey

Americas Ugliest Rooms - four part group of shows

It doesn't get any more reality than your bathroom. I'm looking forward to this show (9pm TLC Oct 24.)
    Stacy and Doug in the same show ? What a hoot. I don't know who the other guy is , but I assume he's a snarky host of another show I don't watch. Anyone else brave?

I saw the commercial for this during IAF. It looks, uh, interesting.

I'm not sure if my stomach is strong enough for this one, lol

I think I'll wait until one of you braver souls has checked it out and hopefully will come back here and tell us what you think.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Ok Doug turned America's ugliest bathroom..... Into America's ugliest bathroom with new fixtures . I hate hate hate that ugly avacado-baby poop green, and he did most of it in tile that color. Where he didn't use that horrid color he used a dark goldy brown tile. Just awful. I would have stood in the bathroom and said - so what did you change ?

The show itself was predictably gruesome. What else could it be when you are inspecting sub par pottys? Doug and Stacy are a couple made in snark heaven. I still have no clue who the other guy is, but he had his moments in the show.

They are asking for more submissions , so it looks like they will do it gain. Yes I'd watch , but yikes Doug - get another color palate.

Not impresssed.

My question though is what about the bathrooms themselves? What was it that made them the "ugliest bathrooms"? Mold/mildew everywhere? Urine/fecal stains uncleaned? Bath/shower grime or rust? That's what I'm wondering, to know if I can stomach this show, lol.

And do they do anything as far as trying to organize or add space-saving measures?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Ok Doug turned America's ugliest bathroom..... Into America's ugliest bathroom with new fixtures . I hate hate hate that ugly avacado-baby poop green, and he did most of it in tile that color. Where he didn't use that horrid color he used a dark goldy brown tile. Just awful. I would have stood in the bathroom and said - so what did you change ?

The show itself was predictably gruesome. What else could it be when you are inspecting sub par pottys? Doug and Stacy are a couple made in snark heaven. I still have no clue who the other guy is, but he had his moments in the show.

They are asking for more submissions , so it looks like they will do it gain. Yes I'd watch , but yikes Doug - get another color palate.
    He hosted that show on Bravo where couples try and compete for who is the most annoying person in their relationship. Bad- bad show!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I flipped back and forth for this show last night - it was too long IMO. Um since when does ugly = dirty? I was looking for ugly bathrooms that look like my main floor bathroom with outdated wallpaper, ugly fixtures (mine are cobalt blue!!!) and everything mis-matched. I'd NEVER let anyone see my bathroom in the state that some of these people showed their's. Put down the video camera and pick up a frikkin scrub brush!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    The other guy's name is Mo Rocco, he's been on a few things..he's pretty funny.
    He also was the first host of The Smoking Gun when it first aired. He has really dry humor and sometimes it's hard to catch it..but I like him, he's alright.

I wasn't too excited to see this show though, it is just gross IMO. The LAST makeover room that I'd want to participate (ie; designer) in, is the bathroom! Blah!

eny, I love the Judge Judy avatar!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    My kids call me Judge Judy

As for the bathrooms , some were the result of 70's gone bad decor which just didn't leave , and some were people who had obviously never heard of bleach ( kills mold every time) There are also lots of products that cut through soap scum and hard water stains , which a lot of them had never heard of. It was a mix of bad decor and bad cleaning. The people that won however had some funky push button deal that controlled the water . It was some misguided new fangled Jetsons thing that the previous owners had installed . It was horrible, as was the fact the fixtures were sh** brown and they had installed the bathtub in a hole in the floor . It was a master bathroom that had no separating wall from the bedroom only bi fold doors.
    It was pretty bad.
    Last edited by eny; 10-27-2004 at 09:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast