+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divine Design

Divine Design

I find this one of the most entertaining of the design shows and my personal favorite. Candice never fails to suit the improvements to the tastes of the individual. She seems, in my opinion, to be the most skillful of the designers in terms of diversity. She is also very tall.

And she also has an unlimited budget, apparently. I love her.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    And she also has an unlimited budget, apparently. I love her.
    Yeah. I think an unlimited budget must help. Although, I have seen some other big budget makeovers ruin a perfectly good room. Cheers.

I think Candace has a beautiful sense of style and works very hard to keep the homeowners lifestyle and needs in mind when redoing a room. The only room of hers I didn't think fit the owner, was the teenage boy's room she did a long time ago. It looked like it belonged to a 25 year-old bachelor. He loved it..... but if I were his mother, it would have made me very nervous.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I think Candace has a beautiful sense of style and works very hard to keep the homeowners lifestyle and needs in mind when redoing a room. The only room of hers I didn't think fit the owner, was the teenage boy's room she did a long time ago. It looked like it belonged to a 25 year-old bachelor. He loved it..... but if I were his mother, it would have made me very nervous.
    HaHa! I missed that one. I would love to see what she has done for her own baby girl's nursery.

Generally, I like make-over shows, but for some reason, I can't stand this woman. I'm not sure what it is about her or her designs, but I've just given up on it, and switch from HGTV when she comes on. If I could put my finger on it, I might be able to take a more constructive approach to watching, but she just annoys me so much, I can't get past that .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing
    Generally, I like make-over shows, but for some reason, I can't stand this woman. I'm not sure what it is about her or her designs, but I've just given up on it, and switch from HGTV when she comes on. If I could put my finger on it, I might be able to take a more constructive approach to watching, but she just annoys me so much, I can't get past that .
    There is no accounting for tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing
    MissThing... I'm wondering if it's simply because Candice is quirky. I think sometimes her interaction with Chico and Paul borders on sexual harrassment and that disturbs me, but... overall I love the show and I think she's incredibly talented.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    MissThing... I'm wondering if it's simply because Candice is quirky. I think sometimes her interaction with Chico and Paul borders on sexual harrassment and that disturbs me, but... overall I love the show and I think she's incredibly talented.
    Yep. As a matter of fact, it is her quirkiness that I like the most. Her interaction with "hunky" Paul is silly, but it is much better than the smirky interplay and false fights that happen on some of the other makeover shows. I just ignore the parts that are silly and concentrate on the respectful way she interacts with the clients and the mostly stunning transformations she creates.

Quote Originally Posted by summerwatcher
    Yep. As a matter of fact, it is her quirkiness that I like the most. Her interaction with "hunky" Paul is silly, but it is much better than the smirky interplay and false fights that happen on some of the other makeover shows. I just ignore the parts that are silly and concentrate on the respectful way she interacts with the clients and the mostly stunning transformations she creates.
    I agree. Some of her antics cause me to groan, but you described her abilities beautifully...."stunning transformations".
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast