+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27
    I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ANDY WASN'T ELIMINATED FIRST!!!!! HAS AMERICA BEEN WATCHING THE SHOW WITH THE SOUND OFF OR SOMETHING???? {yes, I am shouting}

I couldn't believe my eyes when he kept making it through. I was actually hoping Michele would win, with Kim or Dan being "second" although it was never revealed to us who the runner ups were.

Just a thought to salve my conscience: Since they didn't make any allusions to the fact that they were eliminating in order of vote tallies, MAYBE Andy had the lowest amount of votes but they just didn't reveal that for suspense value. If you don't think I'm nuts, please let me know....

I'm a sucker for gorgeous peepers! Flame on!
    I don't think you're crazy. I had the same thought, which was really okay as long as they weren't rewarding them in order of how they finished.

I was hoping for either Dan or Michelle to win, so I'm satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27

Just a thought to salve my conscience: Since they didn't make any allusions to the fact that they were eliminating in order of vote tallies, MAYBE Andy had the lowest amount of votes but they just didn't reveal that for suspense value. If you don't think I'm nuts, please let me know....
    You know, I hadn't even thought about that, but you may be on to something there! That's true, no one said or implied they were being eliminated based on rankings in the poll. Hmmmm... interesting observation

And would certainly help my extreme irritation that Andy was left in the final three
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Zerfley
    That was a good finale and I'm glad my head didn't explode.
    ROFL!! Best line I've heard in a long time, Zerfley!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerfley
    I was disappointed but not surprised that Andy made the final three. There was a lot of support for him on the TBS chat board. Idiots.
    I visited the TBS Mansion boards once. Holy moly! That's one scary board, eh? As soon as I read through a lot of the posts there, I burnt rubber getting back to FoRT as fast as I could, ran in and slammed and locked the door shut behind me! Those people are scary!
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    ROFL!! Best line I've heard in a long time, Zerfley!

I visited the TBS Mansion boards once. Holy moly! That's one scary board, eh? As soon as I read through a lot of the posts there, I burnt rubber getting back to FoRT as fast as I could, ran in and slammed and locked the door shut behind me! Those people are scary!

Wow, please give some details????????

After watching the finale I realized I had missed the first 2 episodes of tthis show, perphaps that is why I never had that much feeling for either Amanda or Jeff.

Anyway, my impression was that they were eliminated per vote order. It made sense if you really think about it. Let's face it both Elvis and Jeff were arrogant assholes who were led around by Andy. They did not come across as game players, which is entertaining, but as puppets, who were lazy, drunk and arrogant. People recognized the fact that they were being played. That and the constant swearing in confessionals, and the low mean opinions they had of everyone. Ugh, they both came across as 2 ugly human beings.

Amanda, got in trouble with her attitude, I liked her at first but she was not really given that much air time after her episode of being foreman and she really did not have much sympathy from the audience. I mean if you are going to be a bitch you have to go all out and do a Sue Hawk or Omarosa. This , I think accounts for her being eliminated.

Ah, Sandi, cute blonde, led around by a guy. Double standard here. Andy got rewarded she got eliminated. Although she got credit for helping with the family crest the fact she gace the 3 Amigos more money than the people that didn't slack off during the kitchen remodel was her downfall.

Kim, again I think if she had been a stronger personality she would have recieved more votes. That and when she gave her finale speech to us, the viewing audience, I really didn't hear a good reason why I should vote for her, she sorta glossed that over and that's why I did not vote for her.

Andy, you are amazed why he was in the final three. (I do not like him and thought he was totally undeserving by the way he played, his work ethic, and his immaturity.) But everyone loves a villian. He did a good job at that and regardless people gave him credit for that. I still think he is a vile human being. If he had put half as much effort into the project instead of getting drunk, messing around with Sandi and being the puppet master he might have won the masion. Scary thought.

Anyway, I enjoyed this show and I hope that TBS does another House Rules or some other home improvement show. It was also great exchanging posts with all you guys here. I only hope TBS advertises much better the next time so I don't miss any episodes.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone please drive safely and take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Wow, please give some details????????
    You realize I'll have to go into therapy after answering this, don't you, Bearcata? lol, but for you, I'll do it....

From what I saw, that board seems to be overwhelmed by Andy and Elvis types who view Andy, Elvis, and Jeff as their gods and role models. And the language there would make some sailors blush, and anyone who speaks out against any of the 3 Amigos is blasted, lambasted, flamed, spewed, dipped in boiling oil, and called some very creative names. Anti-Dan posters seem to feel that nasty comments about his sexuality are enough to prove he doesn't deserve the mansion. And apparently Kim had posted in there at some point (I didn't see the post, couldn't bring myself to read in there anymore, but got that impression from other posters) and she got her share of flames. In general, I guess I'd say that it was everything FoRT is not, and there was absolutely no limits on what someone could post, and no respect for anyone else's opinion. Heck, even among the 3 Amigos supporters, there was obscene bashing among themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Anyway, I enjoyed this show and I hope that TBS does another House Rules or some other home improvement show. It was also great exchanging posts with all you guys here. I only hope TBS advertises much better the next time so I don't miss any episodes.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone please drive safely and take care.
    I agree completely I think of all the threads I've participated in on FoRT, I've enjoyed this one the most, and I'm so glad it turned out as it did. And I also agree that hopefully TBS will advertise better in the future. I thank you again, Shyra, for bringing this show to my attention. If you hadn't started this thread and sparked my interest, I'd have missed out on this very enjoyable show and thread.

And Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, also!

I checked out the TBS site also, the forum part and OMG it was terrible! No respect or anything for anyone who posted there although there was some nice comments to Kim as she posted alot on there thanking everyone for the encouragement throughout the Mansion project.

It would be nice if they did an update on Dan to see if he is living there or what he was doing now. I don't know how he will pay for taxes and everything but the $50,000 will help with that for awhile.

I would like to see another show like this, I watched one a few years ago where 16 ppl built a house in Harmony Florida and each week one person got voted out...not sure if it was called House Rules now or not and also there was another one with couples on it and I just remember the winning couples names were bill and Cindy.

All in all I am glad I happened to spot this show and it was pretty good, hope they do it again.

yeah, Bill and Cindy were the winners in House Rules, the first TBS show about home improvement.

The Harmony Florida one was I think A&E version with the host being an ex Cheers bar guy. This one did horribly in the ratings. I think the best person possible won this one. I am kinda glad the female lawyer did not but she sure stirred things up. People were afraid of her, wow. She was like a barracuda.

They also had an Andy type on here, a bartender, 27 or so, but he got nasty when he got drunk. Throwing salad on people etc..... He came across as a nice guy but his confessionals ugh......... glad he did not win. Save the money like everyone else in America and get a mortgage.

I checked out the TBS Mansion Message Board yesterday. Woa. First I give lots of credos to John for organizing this board so it makes sense and you can find threads and there is a progression of stuff.

They are down right mean and petty and backstabbing and foul and homophobic on that board. I mean I don't like Andy but to call him a C*** Sucker and that he L*cks himself and Jeff, what is that accomplishing. How are views exchanged. The things that posters say to each other is vile. I know not everyone agrees with me or me with them, but to see such hate makes you really wonder about people in this country. Makes me want to crawl into bed and pull the covers over.

Thanks you FORT and John for being here and providing this place. Happy Holidays and God Bless.

P.S. They had a Christian posting on that board and it was not very Christian.

Yeah, as you could see, I wasn't exaggerating in my post about those boards

Your reaction was about the same as mine, when I wanted to run back to FoRT and slam and lock the door behind me

I am just now crawling out from under my covers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast