+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    Gahhhh! I envy you, Shyra

In my area, we don't get The Mansion until Saturday mornings, so I have to wait until then to see it.

If you see it tonight, could you post a ***SPOILER*** thread for those of us who want to know as soon as it airs? I'm dying to know who won!

TBS is running a special of the Mansion tonite, the finale, I don't think you will see it on Saturday.

Wooohoooo! Dan won the Mansion!!!

The host started out the show will all the contestants back in the work room all dressed up. They just showed recaps of the rooms they did together and then eliminated 2 ppl. They showed the fights between Amanda and Jeff, Andy and Sandy etc etc....really a pretty boring finale but...

Jeff and Elvis got eliminated and Andy kept going to the next round and I was getting worried that he would win. The top four ppl...Dan, Michelle, Kim and Andy were told that the 3 ppl who walked out the house would be the three who had the chance to win the house and the other one would be eliminated...Kim was eliminated which suprised me because Andy didn't do half as much work as she did.

Sorry, I was trying to watch this show when my teenager daughter was in one of her chatting moods so I was only half hearing and half watching but anyways, wherever they were Dan, Michelle and Andy were told the the crest that they all put on the wall in the house had the winners name on it behind a curtain so they were told to turn around and when it was revealed that Dan was the winner I didn't think he could jump so high! LOL Dan and Michelle have remained close..she brought her husband to the finale and Dan brought a friend of his, as did Andy. For anyone wondering Andy and Sandi said that they are just good friend's now.

Oh yes, the host gave the winner(dan) $50,000 also.

It will be repeated on Saturday morning at 10am.

Quote Originally Posted by shyra
    Wooohoooo! Dan won the Mansion!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!! WTG DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SO happy for Dan!

And I can't believe that Kim was eliminated before Andy! That's just soooooooooo wrong. :nono

Thanks for posting this, Shyra. And after I read your post, Bearcata, I tried to find The Mansion on tonight, but alas... they didn't show it here
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

WAIT!!! TBS just showed a "Up Next" trailer, and they're showing The Mansion on in a few minutes!
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Nice, I finally got to see it!

I'm just so happy that Dan won His reaction was priceless, lol. And Michelle looked genuinely happy for him too.

I have to admit tears welled up in my eyes towards the end. When Mark told Kim she'd been eliminated, the look on her face was heart-tugging. Poor Kim.... no way Andy should have gotten more votes than her. I felt bad for her, because she was one of my 3 favorites.

I really thought it was sweet what Dan said in the scenes they were showing of the 3 finalists standing there with their husband/friends. He said he'd be just as happy if either he or Michelle won, and he sounded very sincere in that.

My other tears-in-the-eyes moment was indeed watching the end when Dan won.. his reaction, his hugging everyone, his grabbing Michelle and picking her up and giving her that big old bear hug. So often on these kinds of shows, the winners aren't people who are so obviously deserving of a win, and who seem to remain very nice people throughout. But I'm very happy for Dan I'd have been happy if Michelle won also, but as I've said earlier, I was pulling just a wee bit more towards Dan.

And Andy just did not deserve to be on the same platform as Dan and Michelle.

WTG Dan!

I recorded it last nite but only sneeked a peek at the end. I will watch when I get home today.

Thank you, thank you, there is a God, a deserving person won. I couldn't be happier that Dan won.

I totally agree with you that Andy did not deserve to win and the home improvement audience voted with their hearts and that is for a hard working home improvement person like Dan and not a sneeky, conniving backstabber like Andy.

Sandi also got her just desserts by not being voted higher than Andy.

Whoop-Whoop!!!! Yeah Dan!

That was a good finale and I'm glad my head didn't explode. It was fun watching Jeff and Elvis walk away first. What schmucks. I was disappointed but not surprised that Andy made the final three. There was a lot of support for him on the TBS chat board. Idiots. I loved watching Dan and his enthusiasm, and he and Michelle were so cute together. What a nice guy.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

This was an excellent finale! I was so happy that Dan won, I also really felt he deserved to win. This was a really good show, I wonder if they will do another season of it! I was so excited because often when you watch reality TV the person least deserving seems to win and this time someone who worked hard actually walked away with the prize!

I'm right there with ya, guys! I love Dan and was SO excited and happy he won! He was definitely the most deserving contestant, and what a neat, kind man, and such a good sport about everything!

Watching the finale last night made me yearn for another season of House Rules. Anybody have any news about a possible new season? Either of House Rules or The Mansion?

My husband and I were both wondering if Dan and Michelle made a pact, since they're such close friends now, that whoever won would share the mansion with the other, or something like that. Bet he gives her some of the money. Wouldn't that be wonderful?!

Yay Dan!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ANDY WASN'T ELIMINATED FIRST!!!!! HAS AMERICA BEEN WATCHING THE SHOW WITH THE SOUND OFF OR SOMETHING???? {yes, I am shouting}

I couldn't believe my eyes when he kept making it through. I was actually hoping Michele would win, with Kim or Dan being "second" although it was never revealed to us who the runner ups were.

Just a thought to salve my conscience: Since they didn't make any allusions to the fact that they were eliminating in order of vote tallies, MAYBE Andy had the lowest amount of votes but they just didn't reveal that for suspense value. If you don't think I'm nuts, please let me know....

As useless and stupid as Jeff was his cuteness won him 5th place in my rankings, which were:
    Michele
    Dan or Kim
    Amanda
    Jeff
    Sandi
    Elivis
    Andy

I'm a sucker for gorgeous peepers! Flame on!
    Could does not mean should

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast