+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Mansion

I was pleased to see the one where they did the patio and then went looking through the TV Week magazine. They showed two hours on Saturday morning from 6-8am, so the one had seen already followed by the master bedroom suite. Very enjoyable shows. I've gone off Trading Spaces, so this fills the bill nicely.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    What surprises me about this show is that most reality shows advertise on other stations, they want people to watch. I really don't watch TBS that much and if it wasn't for the thread here I never would have known this show existed.
    Now that you mention it, same with me. I'd have never known about it but for this thread. Thanks Shyra for starting it.

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant
    They showed two hours on Saturday morning from 6-8am, so the one had seen already followed by the master bedroom suite. Very enjoyable shows. I've gone off Trading Spaces, so this fills the bill nicely.
    Yeah, from what I've gathered on other reality tv forums, the standard TBS airing of this will be on Saturday mornings 9am EST - 11am EST. The first hour will be a rebroadcast of the previous episode, followed by the new weekly episode. Really weird time to broadcast a brand-new show I hope TBS isn't shooting this show in the foot by lack of advertising and a bad time slot.

And I'm with you, Val. I don't go out of my way to watch Trading Spaces any longer, and now that they've added Jon Laymon to their designer roster, that's more episodes I'll purposely not watch. So The Mansion is a nice little find. I'm glad my curiosity got the better of me and I finally checked out this thread Heck, TS got to where they were actually working in mansions on their show, so I might as well be watching a real show that's about winning a mansion, lol
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Wow, other people who have left Trading Spaces. I thought I was the only one.

BTW I saw the master site bedroom rebuild Sat at 10 am. The previous episode aired at 9 am. This is on the east coast.

Since this show is rarely seen advertised, thought I'd just bump up the topic to remind all of us watching it that it's on tomorrow morning.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

The Landscaping Project -- 10/23/04

Although I'm not a fan of Andy, I'm glad his team won this project, as opposed to Elvis' team.

And I'm really happy that Dan was the first one chosen for a team. I still feel so bad for him the way Elvis totally stabbed him in the back last week. So at least this was a compliment to Dan that he was first pick.

And was anyone really surprised that Andy picked Sandi? As for what happened between Andy and Sandi after he 'sold' her to the other team... well, I'm of mixed feelings about that. Of all the people on Andy's team, I do think she was probably the weakest, even though the garden was her design. Dan and Kim have both proven to be hard workers, dedicated to completing a task and doing it well. Sandi and Andy on the same team does tend to waste some time, with the antics between them. So I really do think she was the best choice to send over to the other side. He actually had a strong team as he picked them, though.

And even though it appears that Andy placed more importance on doing the best job on the task than he did on his relationship with Sandi... well, isn't that why they're all there? Not for personal relationships, but to do a good job and be the one who wins the mansion. Like I said, I'm no fan of Andy's.. I think he's arrogant, and that he's been a slacker for the most part, as he chases after Sandi. But I do think that Sandi was rather immature in her reaction to being sent to the other team. She should realize that it was a business decision, and not done because he was 'playing' her, as she put it. That's why it's usually a bad idea to get personally involved with a co-worker, because the line between business and personal can get so blurred.

But to give the guy due credit, when Andy passed out the checks for winning, he gave up a $2,000 check for himself and tried to give it to Sandi instead, because the design was her idea, as he said. Even though she didn't keep it, given the way this guy values money, that should have told her he was sincere in wanting to patch things up. Doesn't mean she should have kept it, but she should at least recognize a sincere effort instead of being so childish about it, as she was in the confessional.

And Amanda and Jeff... :rolleyes These children just can't play well together, can they? Jeff wasn't an angel, that's true, but Amanda really was acting like a 5-year old. Those two needed a babysitter, lol. Her dumping the wheel barrow full of dirt on him, him picking some up and throwing it at her. And Amanda's rather full of herself, saying that she "obviously intimidates the men" with her skill. :rolleyes

I would have thought Michelle would have been happy to get off that team, lol.

One final thing: What bothers me about this landscaping task is that it seems a bad idea. That front lawn is the first thing a person notices when they drive up the driveway. So with two different teams each doing one half of that front lawn, you now have two very different landscaping layouts and themes on that lawn. No harmony or continuity to it at all, which I thinks takes away from the overall ambience and harmony to the landscape and home.

Next week looks good. They get to do the kitchen!

I agree about the yard....it's too different when you look at it but I am glad that Andy's team won because I can't stand Elvis!

I am rooting for either Dan or Kim to win in then end!

Can't wait for next week but I wish it was on during the night instead of in the morning.

Yeah, same here.... I'm rooting for either Dan, Kim, or Michelle, but I think of those 3, Dan or Kim are the strongest contenders.

And I find it really amusing that on TBS's website for The Mansion, in Elvis' bio, it says he's "as honest as they come". :rolleyes So far, that hasn't been true at all -- most noticeably in the master bedroom suite episode where he lied all over the place as he stuck a big knife in Dan's back. And he also didn't give Kim, Michelle, and Sandi the credit they deserved in the same episode. I think they need to remove that part of Elvis' bio.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I'm a Dan supporter as well! I haven't seen episode 3 yet, I'll catch it on a repeat during the week. Elvis didn't do anything to the bath room because he was trying to "save" money off the budget because the project manager gets to keep that for himself. He could have spent $1000 more in there and earned more for the entire crew, and still had money left over.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Yes, I am glad that Andy's team won, mainly because Dan was on his team.
    Its funny that in a charged atmosphere of a competition that accusations over being sneaky can come up so quickly, wow paranoia in action, ( the entire issue of taking the computer to work thru dinner) was amazing to watch. What got me was that Elvis said time is the most important item yet he continues to waste it. He really needs some time management counseling.

In one sense Elvis and Andy are amazingly alike and that is in their arrogance. Andy saying he was going to win and that he already has his condo up for sale. Hey, remember there is an audience watching and that was arrogant beyond belief. That lost him votes right there. In a competition like this I tend to reward the hard workers. The people who can design and implement their ideas. Also the level of craftmanship and completion is also important. Teamwork is important. You don't have to like someone to work with them. Dan, Kim, Michele are all at the top of this list. Elvis and Andy and Jeff are at the bottom. To me Elvis, Andy and Jeff are very typical male coworkers. Some what attractive. Boy they talk the talk about how great they are, but as far as work and results. Not much. Then they take credit for everything. Also put the blame on others. (Jeff vs Amanda)

Ah, Jeff and Amanda. MMMMMMMM. I give credit to Andy for not wanting them on a team. But in this instance Jeff started it with the finger grab. He could have walked away, he could have told her to F*** off. But touching her, crossing that line into her personal space just triggered something. Amanda will not let it go until she gets her pound of flesh. Jeff totally does not take any responsibility as to what happened, it is all Amanda's fault. Please if he was on Apprentice he would get his butt fired. If he was working in the government, Amanda would have gone to EEO so fast his head would be spinning and he would be up on disciplinary charges. Yet as far as he sees it its all her fault. Please, both are contributing.

Since I never saw the first episode, does anyone know where this all started????

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Yes, I am glad that Andy's team won, mainly because Dan was on his team.
    Its funny that in a charged atmosphere of a competition that accusations over being sneaky can come up so quickly, wow paranoia in action, ( the entire issue of taking the computer to work thru dinner) was amazing to watch. What got me was that Elvis said time is the most important item yet he continues to waste it. He really needs some time management counseling.

In one sense Elvis and Andy are amazingly alike and that is in their arrogance. Andy saying he was going to win and that he already has his condo up for sale. Hey, remember there is an audience watching and that was arrogant beyond belief. That lost him votes right there. In a competition like this I tend to reward the hard workers. The people who can design and implement their ideas. Also the level of craftmanship and completion is also important. Teamwork is important. You don't have to like someone to work with them. Dan, Kim, Michele are all at the top of this list. Elvis and Andy and Jeff are at the bottom. To me Elvis, Andy and Jeff are very typical male coworkers. Some what attractive. Boy they talk the talk about how great they are, but as far as work and results. Not much. Then they take credit for everything. Also put the blame on others. (Jeff vs Amanda)

[sniplet]

Since I never saw the first episode, does anyone know where this all started????
    I totally agree with everything you said above! And oh yeah, the tale of The Laptop That Came To Dinner was amazing, that is the perfect word for it, you're right, lol

And I'm assuming your question about where it all started refers to the animosity between Jeff and Amanda? I can only hazard a guess here, and these are just my opinions, but here's what I think:

It may have begun when Amanda was the PM and chose to keep all the reward money for herself. Jeff was pretty unhappy about that (and I don't blame him, I thought that was wrong of her)

And then in the pool/tiki bar episode where Jeff disappeared for 24 hours (because he took Mark's offer), when he came back, Amanda was really on him pretty bad (remember the "I gave you your pacifier, now suck on it" comment?), so it may be a culmination of both those things.

When Jeff returned, he wasn't allowed to tell anyone the truth about where he'd been or why, and Amanda kinda went nuclear on him because it appeared he was just a slacker who took the night off. Remember how she wouldn't allow the caterers that Jeff hired (who was a friend of his, I think) to set up, and was going to switch last minute to a barbecue just to spite Jeff, until Michelle talked to Amanda and made her see it was a mistake to do that? She was so rude to Jeff's caterer friend that Michelle had to talk her into apologizing to them later.

In that episode, Amanda said and did a lot of uncalled for things towards him. He probably did deserve some of it, but she went too far, imho. And from Jeff's point of view, I'm sure he's not forgotten it. There was a couple of times during that episode I thought they were going to come to blows.

So that's where I'm thinking it came from. Just an opinion though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast