+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss

My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss

NYPOST:

October 7, 2004 -- FIRST Fox had a big, fat, ob noxious fiancé to razz "The Bachelor" — now they're teasing The Donald.
    "My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss" (debuting Nov. 7) will tweak "The Apprentice" the same way "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancé" parodied "The Bachelor" and other reality dating shows.

"We're poking fun at 'The Apprentice' and those kind of bosses in general," says Fox reality chief Mike Darnell.

"We're also sticking it to the type-A, Ivy League grads — the kind that try out for 'The Apprentice' — who think they can run the world and believe that they couldn't possibly be taken advantage of, and boy did they buy it hook, line and sinker," he says.

Instead of Trump, the candidates on "Boss" are introduced to Mr. N. Paul Todd, a man they are told is the CEO of a multibillion (fictional) company called ICOR. The contestants believe that they are competing to win a $250,000 prize and a job at ICOR.

The only thing that's real is the big bucks prize.

Todd is actually an actor who sets out to dupe the 12 contestants with unreasonable challenges, unrealistic conversations and humiliating consequences for losing.

In one competition, instead of selling lemonade like "The Apprentice" contestants did, "Boss" candidates are forced to beg for money on the streets of Chicago.

In another, they are told to sell obviously phony products like renewable toilet paper and "environmentally sound" tampons made out of of twigs, nuts and berries.

"They never catch on," says Darnell. "And it's surprising because they are the best and the brightest."

He says the show also features several recognizable characters from "The Apprentice" and other shows. One of the faux company's advisors is even based on Smithers, the (apparently) gay assistant to Mr. Burns from "The Simpsons." He is secretly in love with Mr. Todd and makes suggestive comments to the male contestants.

Another adviser is a cold-as-ice female vice-president who advises the female contestants that "it's a man's world, and the only way to get ahead is to have your tubes tied."

"We've had a lot of luck twisting reality concepts," says Darnell, pointing to other Fox reality parodies like "Joe Millionaire."

"Certainly, the business reality show — of course the forefront of which is 'Apprentice' — was our main goal to twist and turn," says Darnell.

Trump, ever the good sport, says even a parody of "The Apprentice" is flattering.

"I guess it's obvious that everyone is trying copy us," Trump told The Post yesterday. "Nothing can top 'The Apprentice.' The show is a big monster, but I'm not surprised [they are doing it] because of the tremendous success of 'The Apprentice.' I think it's terrific, as far as I'm concerned."
    http://nypost.com/entertainment/19977.htm

Oh man. This sounds like a hoot! I can't wait.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

This sounds funny!

FORT Fan
    Sounds like a good idea. I ended up liking MBFOF mch more than I thought I would.

I LOVE this idea!! Can't wait to see it...

They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

The promos during the football games look funny.

Can't wait for this show.

It's to bad they scheduled it against desperate housewives.

Sign me up. I just hope my expectations aren't too high after MBFOF. When I first saw the title of this thread I thought :
    "Oh hell no, my employees will want to sign me up for this game show."

I saw this preview last night and again tonight. It looks so funny, I don't know if it will be the same without "Steve" but I am going to watch it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I saw this preview last night and again tonight. It looks so funny, I don't know if it will be the same without "Steve" but I am going to watch it anyways.
    Honestly, this show would be a lock for hilarious if they brought back Steve as the boss. I doubt alot of these ivy league types would have recognized him.

+ Reply to Thread