+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trading Spaces: New Designer?

Trading Spaces: New Designer?

In the promo spots currently airing for the new season of TS beginning this Saturday, is one of those 4 people vying for the position of show designer the same guy who (with his wife) won the Home Free contest last season? The guy saying "you're going down" in the promo spots?

Sure looks like him. Hope not, I hated his arrogant attitude from the Home Free shows :rolleyes
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Yes, Jon Laymon, the winner from Home Free is one of the designers trying out. He is very popular on the TalkingSpaces boards (people there were saying they should hire him before the Home Run series ended). TLC pays alot of attention to what people say on their boards, so I would be very surprised if he doesn't get the job.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    In the promo spots currently airing for the new season of TS beginning this Saturday, is one of those 4 people vying for the position of show designer the same guy who (with his wife) won the Home Free contest last season? The guy saying "you're going down" in the promo spots?

Sure looks like him. Hope not, I hated his arrogant attitude from the Home Free shows :rolleyes
    and his styrofoam crap is ugly crapola ........ i will puke if he wins: no mortgage, a high paying job and an ugly hairstyle which he thinks looks good

ewwwww

You're probably right then, he probably did get the job *shudder*

I'm sure he and Hilda will make a lovely designing couple :phhht

Well, I don't watch the show now if Hilda is one of the designers. So if this guy did get the job (since I'm sure the decision has already been made, despite the promo spots), I guess there's another reason for me not to watch an episode -- if this guy is one of the designers.

And now I'm beginning to have doubts about the honesty of the Home Free 'challenge' they did where this guy and his wife won. Seems too perfect a 'great moment in TS history', too conveniently the perfect segue to the new season.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 10-08-2004 at 06:34 AM.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    and his styrofoam crap is ugly crapola ........ i will puke if he wins: no mortgage, a high paying job and an ugly hairstyle which he thinks looks good
    And don't forget the home that had most of it's rooms recently redecorated for free

One of the things that irritated me in the Home Free challenge was how arrogant this guy was, and how he seemed to think he was a great gift to interior decoration. I sure didn't see anything in him that marked him as good at it, though. That styrofoam thing... no, no, no. Just... no And his other ideas he contributed during Home Free were nothing, too.

As I just said in another post.... I so doubt the honesty of the Home Free challenge now.

You're probably right then, he probably did get the job *shudder*
    I thought the commercials were saying that WE got to vote on which of the four we wanted to win?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I think he was horribly arrogant too , but not as bad as some they already have on board *cough hildi doug whatever that guy was that did like 3 bad shows cough*

Speaking of Rick, eny? Hated that man... hated his rooms.. hated the way he destroyed people's property a la Hildi. Glad he's long gone.

Who did you vote for?? In the end, I picked Scott. I liked Eric, but thought he would be too much like another Doug, although I wouldnt mind if he won. I normally like John's rooms, but didn't much care for the red traditional room tonight. Erin's room....... no. It reminded me of Kia's rooms.. not impressed. Scott's room was classy and pulled together and I liked most of his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I thought the commercials were saying that WE got to vote on which of the four we wanted to win?
    You're correct, they did.

However, I have a feeling that what the commercials say is only a promotional tag to get more viewers to tune in to the episode.

By the time the season officially starts for the viewing public, they already have lots of episodes in the can. Although it IS possible to allow a decision to be made by the public on 10/9, it would hamper their shooting schedule to have to wait until then, I'd think.

And we all know that results in reality-type TV are sometimes manipulated. So this is just IMO that I'm doubting the total honesty of this promotion.

Again, just IMHO.

By the time the season officially starts for the viewing public, they already have lots of episodes in the can. Although it IS possible to allow a decision to be made by the public on 10/9, it would hamper their shooting schedule to have to wait until then, I'd think.

And we all know that results in reality-type TV are sometimes manipulated. So this is just IMO that I'm doubting the total honesty of this promotion.

Again, just IMHO.

They show episodes out of order all of the time, however, so it can be done.

HomeFree was a good example of that. The viewers voted at the end of a Saturday night episode... and the winners were already taping the next show the next week.

Plus, it will probably make the conversion to their new *we'll design rooms on the spot* concept that they're advertising as well.

So I'm hoping for some authenticity as well. I try to not be a skeptic and think all shows are trying to dupe the viewer, so I'll keep my rose-colored glasses on until I'm proven wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast