+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trading Spaces: New Designer?

I respect your opinion, Broadway (It's so nice to be able to disagree with each other's opinions in here and know we all know it's nothing personal )

But even though I may be wrong, for now I haven't seen anything yet to change it.

BTW, to answer your question above... I just cast my vote for Eric. I based my vote not so much as the room he did tonight, but on which of the 4 I felt had the best overall background, skills, temperament, and potential to do best on the show. And I feel he is the best one of the 4 tonight to be able to see the 'big picture' and work better with future homeowners/neighbors.

As an aside, I still feel Jon is too arrogant and self-righteous. But aside from that, I didn't like his room too much. It wasn't awful, but not my favorite of the night. But then, during Home Free, I didn't like his stuff, either. I don't feel he has the temperament or background to be a good designer. I do think he's capable of doing specialty piece work, with his background in Art Sculpting, but I don't feel he has the qualifications to see the big picture consistently. I don't particularly like his art pieces I've seen so far, but I concede that just because they aren't my cup of tea, doesn't mean they aren't good. I guess the bottom line of how I feel about Jon is that what disqualified him for me was: 1) his personality, and 2) his inferior total design credentials and potential, compared to the other 3.

Having said that, due to my skepticism I originally stated regarding the Home Free/Jon Layman/You Choose segue... I'll be very surprised if Jon doesn't win. If he doesn't win, I'll be the first here to admit I was wrong. And oh boy, do I hope I am, lol.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I completely agree with everything that you just said. I'm hoping that he doesn't win it, either!

With Chorita's comment earlier about Jon being popular on the boards.. I went there last night to see everyone's impressions. It actually seems like more are leaning towards Eric or Scott... so keep your fingers crossed!

I liked John and voted for him, Eric reminded me way too much of Edward and Doug rolled together. I think Scott is going to have a difficult time keeping it in budget. Erin I just didn't like. John has a broad immagination without getting Hildy stupid.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    With Chorita's comment earlier about Jon being popular on the boards.. I went there last night to see everyone's impressions. It actually seems like more are leaning towards Eric or Scott... so keep your fingers crossed!
    Don't toy with me, Broadway!

Gettin' my hopes all up that Jon doesn't get it, lol

But seriously, I'm really glad to hear that. I hope that's a good indicator of how the voting went

*crosses fingers*
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    Erin I just didn't like. John has a broad immagination without getting Hildy stupid.
    That Erin seems like too much of a loose cannon, to me. Or like maybe she was trying too hard to be different but liked? Not sure what it was, but she was kinda uncomfortable to watch. (But I would take her over Jon)

I agree Jon has a broad imagination, but unfortunately it takes much more than that to be a good interior designer. Heck, all the TS designers have broad imaginations, even Hildi. But we all know how that's worked out, lol

As I said above, I think Jon's probably a good or decent piece designer, just not a good interior designer. I've seen some of his work in person, as have a lot of people. (He made the animal sculptures in the Las Vegas Raintree Cafe. They were okay. Nothing special, nothing to make me stop and admire. But also nothing that turned my stomach, lol) And I definately don't think his ego or temperament would make him a good choice. But that's JMO.

Eric is another Doug

:phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht

Erin's room looked "Bay Area pretentious hipster"

Hope Scott wins

I liked Jon and voted for him. Liked the room and think he got the best reaction from the homeowners

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    Yes, Jon Laymon, the winner from Home Free is one of the designers trying out. He is very popular on the TalkingSpaces boards (people there were saying they should hire him before the Home Run series ended). TLC pays alot of attention to what people say on their boards, so I would be very surprised if he doesn't get the job.
    I missed this show, but I did root for him to win Home Free. He and his wife were nice to each other throughout, didn't get overly emotional and always had well thought out design plans. I think what some perceived as arrogance, I saw as confidence.

I may not have liked some of the things he did, but feel their rooms were better than their competitors. I hope that he gets the job. I think he has the right amount of style, personality and "hipness" that this show needs.

Barry has gone off the deep end and is getting a "Hildi/Doug" like attitude. BTW, I liked some of Ricks rooms, especially the Blue Hawaii room.

Uh oh... Nemeses is going to be one unhappy chickee today. Jon won.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I liked his room least out of the four.

I thought the first room he did tonight as a fully hired hand was ok though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast