+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Family Bonds" on HBO

I finally got around to watching all the episodes I'd TiVoed. I LOVE THIS SHOW! The characters -- and they are characters -- are lovable and charming in their own bizarre way. Chris is a teddy bear. Tom a benevolent dictator. The women are all sweet despite the big hair and acrylic nails. That final episode when Tom gives Flo a new wedding ring...
    And Dan, tell me you didn't suggest that the boss's wife sit on your lap in the van. Dude!
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I cried when Flo cried when she got her ring! Tom is just a big sweetie!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    I cried when Flo cried when she got her ring! Tom is just a big sweetie!
    You and me both Tallulah! I've missed a couple of episodes from the beginning of the series, but I'm SOOO glad that I caught most of them. The Christmas finale was a real tear jerker for me and actually started to get me into the holiday spirit.

Yay! Some peeps to talk to about Family Bonds! Where you girls been?

I loved Flo's response when she got the rings. That was precious. This family is such a kick! I love to watch them. The women are so snarkalicious, yet I adore them and just can't say anything bad about them. My husband laughs at me because I get all excited when they show scenes at The Classy Lady nail salon. That's one of the best parts of the show! When they tawk and chomp their gum while getting those talons filed, I crack up! I wanna be there, too. Hee!

Little Frankie is just too cute! His little dance at the beginning of every show, priceless!

Major chemistry going on with Chris and that internet dating chick, huh? Woo-hoo! Go Chris! I hope it works out for ya, Buddy!

I cried when Dana had her baby. He's just adorable! What a brave woman to have the birth filmed like that. She's a really intelligent, beautiful young lady.

Hey Dan, any more episodes this season? Has the show been picked up for another season? (Oh please, please, please!!!!) Thanks for the PM, too!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add:

[sarcasm]
    Ahh, do you all remember the time when we were kids, waking up on Christmas morn, and our fathers sweetly uttering those familiar words to each of us, "Dude! Santa Claus left a sh*t-load of stuff, huh?" [/sarcasm]

Frankie running around the house to wake everyone up on Christmas morning was sqooshie-cute! Now, was that Christmas of 2003, or did they shoot this episode early with a little re-enactment? Just wonderin'.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    I cried when Dana had her baby. He's just adorable! What a brave woman to have the birth filmed like that. She's a really intelligent, beautiful young lady.
    Brave is almost an understatement for her giving birth on film that way! I know it's a beautiful thing and all, but DANG some of those shots I don't think Dana could have ever imagined when she signed up for this. I actually had to hit rewind cause I was like, nuh uh, they did not just show that!
    "Dude! Santa Claus left a sh*t-load of stuff, huh?"
    Oh man! That was so freakin hilarious I was here dying!

I *think* that was footage from last Christmas It looked a bit warm for Christmas up there (although normal for a Florida Christmas)...maybe Dan will stop back by and clarify for us.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Brave is almost an understatement for her giving birth on film that way! I know it's a beautiful thing and all, but DANG some of those shots I don't think Dana could have ever imagined when she signed up for this. I actually had to hit rewind cause I was like, nuh uh, they did not just show that!

You said it perfectly, Libs! And I thought Dawn was crazy for showing her liposuction surgery! That was nothin' compared to Dana giving birth, huh?! That was intense!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    Hey Dan!

So glad you found us! Thanks for the info about your website. I couldn't find your message board link, though. We'd love to chat with you guys! Your new Family Bonds dog "Clutch" is adorable! I'll bet Clutch will be a big help when chasing the bad guys!

I hope you'll stop in often to keep us updated! Congratulations on the success of your show.

Dan you are such a cutie - every time I see the opening segment I always say you're the best.........and I love the "No Relation".......too funny!! Didn't like the continuity - went from Dana finding out she's pregnant, having a baby shower and right into having a baby (a little too graphic and more than "I" needed to see)........they really condensed 9 months !! Hope you all return for another season - this show is SO much better than Dog, the Bounty Hunter :phhht

I'm totally bummed! For the latest Family Bonds episode, the Christmas show, the description was "Series Finale" not season finale. Is the show really over for good? I sure hope not. I love it!

Anybody know? Dan, you still out there?

FORT Newbie

Only one season

This show was great! Why only one season? I just saw the series finale and Iím bummed.
    It was like a breath of fresh air in a world of cookie cutter reality shows. I just want to know if anyone out there knows why HBO is not airing a second season of this awesome show?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12