+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocco Leaving The Restaurant

Rocco Leaving The Restaurant

Normally, I wouldn't bother with this since the show's in Purgatory. But I thought it was funny, and wanted to share.

Rocco DiSpirito Leaving Restaurant
    Sep 29, 2:01 PM EST

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito, who rose to national prominence in the reality TV series "The Restaurant" only to see the venture dissolve in legal acrimony with his partners, is leaving his other restaurant.

As of next week, DiSpirito, 37, will step down as executive chef at Union Pacific, the Gramercy Park restaurant where he first gained notoriety after it opened in 1997, DiSpirito and his partners said Tuesday.

The restaurant will close at the end of the year.

DiSpirito said he intends to focus on opportunities outside the restaurant world.

"I found my culinary soul at Union Pacific and my collaboration with Main Street Restaurant Partners has been a great experience for me," DiSpirito said in a statement.

NBC chronicled the opening of Rocco's 22nd Street, where DiSpirito's mother became known for her meatballs, for two seasons. There has been an ongoing legal dispute among DiSpirito and owners Jeffrey Chodorow and China Grill Management, and the restaurant closed last week.

Chodorow's group had sued DiSpirito in February over alleged mismanagement and financial losses. In July, DiSpirito was barred from the kitchen by a court order.
    http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/arti...px?news=169247

I saw this distasteful man hawking his cookware line and Momma's Meatballs (frozen I guess) with his momma on QVC last night. Heh.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Hi ho Silver and Away
    His cookware? Will it end up disappearing for days on end, and when it does show up it doesn't cook well? LOL
    Rocco is such a schmuck. He got what he deserved, had he actually been there, at the restaurant that had his name on it, and not trying to be something he isn't, and that is a great famous chef. Then his restaurant might have made money, but I doubt it, he let fame go to his head. He will never be a Mario Batali, or a Bobby Flay.
    As for Momma's meatballs. they were hyped to be so awesome, and when I went there, they were not anything special. In fact, you could probably get better meatballs from Chef Boyardee.

So, Rone, not a surprise the restaurant sank, legal problems notwithstanding?? I've read so many opposing reviews of the now defunct restaurant.

Cynical me wonders if the restaurant was meant to fail, and it was only for the possibility of the show that this eatery was meant for in the long run.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

The restaurant will close at the end of the year.
    ........... and the restaurant closed last week.
    Yikes. A double-whammy. With any luck at all, he'll come down off his high horse, watch all the episodes, and learn from his mistakes.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Good luck to him. I actually liked the guy ... his work habits weren't the best, but he was a dreamer, and really shot for the stars. Most of us play it safe our whole lives ... always wondering "what if" ... he took a stab at it, and was mildly successful.

I guess all he has is good looks and charm to fall back on .. tough life.

Rocco is/was a fool

He should have paid attention to the restaurant(s), but chose to do other things. What a shame. I knew that place was in trouble for a number of reasons having been in restaurant management myself. 1- did not spend enough time there 2- always bought the most expensive non food items, such as business cards, a plant service etc etc. 3- has an ego out to THERE
    4- Let Topher the waiter quit.

He should have kicked laurent the savants ass outta there, ran the place like he really wanted to in the first place, and let mama retire for lands sake.

BTW - I also did hear that mama's meatballs and mamas italian sausage are not all they are cracked up to be and now being commercially produced, have gotten more "mainstream" as in johnsonville brats
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

That is funny! I never liked him and never liked the show.

I saw him and his mama on QVC as I was flipping around last night. I thought, "doesn't he have enough going on?" but now I know that, no, he does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantham Gum
    I saw him and his mama on QVC as I was flipping around last night. I thought, "doesn't he have enough going on?" but now I know that, no, he does not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast