+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas - Ghostbridge :Hilde's room

Texas - Ghostbridge :Hilde's room

She threw that room together in 2 seconds. She used a cheapass cotton on the couches and the pattern showed through. She spraypainted that chair in a "See! It can be done!" moment.

The records were ugly ugly ugly. I didn't mind all the different paint colours, but maybe for a rec room, not her living room.

I thought the different colour paints were ok.
    The entertainment unit Ty made actually looked quite good in the different colours.
    You're spot on with regard to the fabric she used Ducky, it wasn't even upholstery weight. It would have been fine for curtains or throw pillows, but not for slip covers.
    The pattern showing through looked awful.
    She ruined the chair by painting it.
    I alos agree that it was just far too much for a living room.
    Hilde seems to have abandoned paint in favour of sticking thigs to the wall.
    This is another occasion where the HO would have some fairly major repairs to her dry wall before she could paint thanks to all the screws in the records.
    The slip covers on the bar stools were appalling.
    "That's Numberwang!"

There were some elemets that were salvageable. Like that screen, but I don't know what it was hiding exactly. The entertainment unit was actually nice. Wasnt surprised that Hildi danced all over it but was suprised that she did it while they were still holding it.

The table was nice, though. That was pretty cool.

I think she used Frank's wedding gift as slipcovers. He must have gotten her a bunch of ugly sheets and that's what she used. The screws in the walls were just horrible. Repairing that would be a bitch. Talking them across over the window was just stupid, too.

That chair was ruinied and it was her grandmother's. Wouldn't the whole effect be ruined if you sat on it? The paint would crack. Just like Hildie's brain has.

Is there going to be a non-Hildi episode any time soon?? LOL I think I've had my fill to last me the rest of the year and we're only halfway thru January.

Honestly if that were a den/rec room/basement I think I'd have thought it was cool, but as a main living room I'm with Duckie and will have to just say no.

You'd think as much as Hildi and Laurie have been featured together as well that she'd have picked up atleast a little of Laurie's love of fabric, but apparently not because that was just AWFUL to put on as slip covers for all the reasons Fluff/Duckie covered already. I wasn't thrilled with the curtains as well just because I prefer a solid color, which if they would have just been done in the aqua(ish) color I think I would have liked, forget the white.

The screen and the entertainment set were the redeeming points of the room for me atleast. Awww heck I'd forgotten the table...it actually turned out pretty nice as well.

I do have to give a teensy weensy prop to Hildi...atleast that's the best piece of upholstered and painted furniture she's done yet, still ugly as all get out, but it's better than her other efforts have been.

Originally posted by fluff

Hilde seems to have abandoned paint in favour of sticking thigs to the wall.
    And what just catches my ear from the background??? The preview for next week's 8pm show.....seems she is back in sticking mode again with SOMETHING....is that wine labels???? Whatever it is all I can do is shake my head and wait to see the newest disaster.

Yeah, looks like wine labels to me too. I think they've filmed all of the Hildi episodes in a row beacuse she lives in Paris now, dahling. So I think once she's gone, she's gone for good.

2ndToeLongist
    I wonder how Frank managed to slip into a Hilde suit and do the record room, the world may never know.

Originally posted by 2ndToeLongist
    I wonder how Frank managed to slip into a Hilde suit and do the record room, the world may never know.

That's a really hideous thought

Frank slipping in Hildie is a gross thought. :X

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast