+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Live from Las Vegas - Jan 18th

Sleeping with George W
    Hmmmm. The show I saw had a recap of Doug's room and Hilde's recap was just fine. And there was a reveal on both rooms, which actually was pretty darned funny. The Hildeous room HOs just kept going on and on and on and on and on about it. Then the Doug room HOs came in and it was a giant hug and squeal and jump-around fest. The only glitches I saw were some second-long black screens during the reveal, but I think that's actually because the HOs were bouncing around so much that they started blocking the cameras.

Hilde's room was atrocious. It's as if she was channeling Frank (too many colors) and Doug (AP frat house) simultaneously. I thought Doug's room was really nice, except for those bright blue curtains. Luckily, those are easily replaced.

These were both great rooms from one aspect ... they both drastically needed makeovers. One was actually using coolers as furniture and the other had the ugliest darned couches I've ever seen and virtually nothing else in the room except a huge TV.

I liked the show and thought the live reveal was pretty cool.

And, may I say, Doug is HOT!

LOL, Eden...with your "Doug is HOT" comment, are you referring to the preview for next week's two new shows where they showed Doug walking up to Ty wearing nothing but a tool belt? Actually, I've always thought Doug was quite the looker as well.

As for the LV rooms, I really liked Doug's room. I didn't think I'd like the blue curtains, but the more I looked at the room with the touches of blue on the bed, etc., I really did. If there hadn't been a splash of color there, I think the walls would have looked too blah.

Hilde's room, on the other hand, was another Hildeous creation. I actually thought I might like it, but when all was said and done, there were just too many bright colors.

And, IMHO, the whole "live reveal" thing was a total waste. It ended up being nothing more than a jumping-around-cackle fest. Now, if the HO's went back into the room that Hildeous had done and said something like, "What the **** is this ****?", that would have been worth it being live, but noooooooo....

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by lobeck
    LOL, Eden...with your "Doug is HOT" comment, are you referring to the preview for next week's two new shows where they showed Doug walking up to Ty wearing nothing but a tool belt? Actually, I've always thought Doug was quite the looker as well.
    Well, I must say, I'm looking forward to next week! I think he's a cutie-pie all the time. His line to Amy Wynn about the stripper poles was hysterical. ("Want to come work out with me later?")

Hmmm that is strange. I wonder why you got to see a proper show while I got stuck watching all the techincal difficulties. The strange thing is I don't even think I saw what would have been the live one, but rather the repeat later on that night.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

I saw the first live one too and it was fine.

I think we're done with Hildi by now. Are we done with Hildie?

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by duckgirl
    I saw the first live one too and it was fine.

I think we're done with Hildi by now. Are we done with Hildie?
    Yes! And now we get KIA!!!

Oh damn.

Well... at least it's not Hildie.

how do they call it live? It didn't air for 48 hours.

Was it just the reactions that were live, but the show itself was taped and edited rather quickly in those 2 days?

Stupid show for a live edition if you ask me.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

JR.
    I caught the replay and it was filled with technical difficulties. But I saw enough to not like either room. I didn't like the fecal matter brown that Doug used, it would've been much better with a different color. And another crap room for Hildi, too many colors.

Live reveal, Cali, the show was taped & edited quickly.

I didn't like the rooms either, JR.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast