+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VH-1's Inside Out - Leah Remini's Baby

VH-1's Inside Out - Leah Remini's Baby

Has anyone watched this show? I love that VH-1 will repeat it over and over again. I think Leah is adorable, and so is her husband Angelo. What a precious couple they are! I watched their wedding show, and was eagerly awaiting this baby special. The way they cut to old footage of her thin on the treadmill or the tennis court complaining about how fat she was, then cutting back to her being preggers, just had me rolling! She has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh at herself. I adore her on King of Queens, too. Her mom is a creep, though!

When little Sophia was born I started sobbing. I'm so happy for them. I'm sure that little baby will want for nothing.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

FORT Regular
    I saw it! Loved it! I saw the wedding one too. I wish them only the best.

I only saw the wedding one days ago......I loved it! I've always loved her on K of Q's, and I also think she and her husband are just adorable. I saw her on Ellen when she was newly pregnant (already pretty big), she had terrible allergies, and said she felt miserable, and yet she was hysterical! I absolutely fell in love with her right then and there. You know how sometimes you can love an actor on a show, see them on a talk show and be amazed at how different they are in "real life"? She is adorable on her show AND off. Does anyone know when they will repeat the birth? I guess I can always look on VH-1 site.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Ya know, it's funny. Vh-1 is quirky with their schedule. Sometimes they'll have a show listed in the guide, yet it's not on. That's how I stumbled upon the baby special today. I had been watching Surreal Life, then left the channel on for a while when I was doing something else. When I came back, the baby special was on, but not listed. I guess just keep checking for it, Roseskid. You'll LOVE it! I promise! I'll zip ya a PM if I see it come on again, k?

Leah is just adorable, isn't she? Such a great sense of humor! I noticed, when she got pregnant, she seemed real stuffy-nosed on King of Queens. I was thinking maybe she couldn't take her regular allergy medication since she was pregnant? She even addresses the issue on the baby special. She really packed on the pounds, which was refreshing to see. But I'll bet she takes the weight off in no time like she did before her wedding; with a trainer and having special foods delivered to her house. Ahhh, how nice that must be!

I love it when her husband has small parts on King of Queens! He's a sweetheart ... AND a great dancer! Woooo! Those two are amazing together!

One of my favorite parts of the baby special is when she's on the tennis court, rubbing her pregnant belly, asking the cameraman if he remembers when they filmed her before the wedding and how fat she thought she was {cut to her skinny-little-self rubbing her tiny, flat, tanned belly, saying "Look at my big gut!"} then they cut back to her big pregger belly and she says "What an ungrateful bitch I was, huh?"

She was quite the trooper during the birth! I hope she and Angelo do another show on Sofia's 1st birthday!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I hate to be the grump, but I thought the show was nauseating. I watched for 10 minutes as the husband with the wierd mustache would fawn over everything as if he was the first human being to help conceive a child.

I like these type of shows when they are ordinary people. When quasi-TV stars do it, it smacks of "publicists idea" and sickens me.

I'm glad someone started a thread on this, because I was going to make one blasting the show.

Aww, that's okay, Toxic. You're not being a grump. I'm glad you posted! You sound like my husband. (Are you a guy?) You know us gals ... weepy over other people's weddings and births.

I think Leah and Angelo did most of the production work themselves, and had family do the filming. Hell, I know when my baby was born, I wanted to share everything about it with the world! Anyone who was within earshot heard my birthin' story. And there IS a sense of you're the only one in the world who's ever experienced this before. I don't know what it is, but that's how I felt, too. And I always enjoy watching babies being born on TV. My hubby, on the other hand, is bored to tears with it.

Just a man/woman thing, I guess.

I loved the show, too. I got a kick out of her wedding show so I was happy to see they followed her pregnancy as well. Leah is so funny! She would be a blast to hang out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    I'll zip ya a PM if I see it come on again, k?
    Thanks, I would really appreciate it.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Oooh! It's on again! It's on again! It's on right now at 6:00 pm PST Wednesday. Hope you get a chance to see it!

I thought this would be an interesting follow up on Leah. She had a rough time.

Excerpt from Howard Stern Radio Show:

Actress Leah Remini was on the phone and Howard said that he heard that she may have gained some weight after having her baby so she might be trying to avoid them by not coming in. Leah told Howard that she wasn't avoiding them but she has gotten fat. She said she isn't like she used to be but it's only been 4 months since she had it. Howard told her that was a shame. Howard said that when you see a woman like that, you hate to see them ruin their bodies. He was talking about how hot she looks on that show ''King of Queens.'' He said that there's no way a chick like that would date a guy like Kevin James in real life. Howard said that when she'd come on the show he would think about how he'd love to just slam her. Now he's wondering if she's got a ''gunt'' where the loose skin is on the belly. He also wondered if her boobs are saggy. She said they've always been saggy but he didn't want to believe that. She's not even breast feeding. Howard said that it's supposed to help make the kid smarter so she might be keeping that from the kid. ....

....That's when Robin said that she should know about stuff like that because Leah broke up a marriage. Leah said that wasn't true but Robin said her husband was with another woman at the time they met. Leah said the story was boring and there really wasn't anything to it. Her husband has 3 kids with his previous wife so it is kind of like the Marc Anthony story. Leah said she gets along just great with the other kids but Howard didn't believe her. She swore that they are great kids and she gets along with them. Howard told her to bring them in the next time she's on.

''King of Queens'' starts it's seventh season this week so that's why Leah was calling in. Howard gave her a plug for that and spent a couple more minutes talking to her. Leah was really annoyed with Robin by this point so Artie wanted to start with her and tried to get into some Scientology discussions. She wasn't too happy that Artie was starting with her today either. She was annoyed with everyone. Artie then got into the fight they had last time she was on. Artie was in the movie ''Old School'' but Leah didn't believe him at the time. Today Artie said that she was in the movie even less than he was. They argued about that for a few seconds before Mariann from Brooklyn called in and started yelling about Leah stealing her husband from another woman. She went off on her about that. Howard said that the woman isn't the only one to make decisions like that and it's the guy who has to leave his wife. ...

... Leah wasn't having a good phone call. She thought that Robin had buried her in the beginning and she wasn't happy she got up so early to do the interview. The guys continued to talk about her not breast feeding but she didn't want to talk about why she can't breast feed. She said it's boring and she doesn't want to get into it. Howard thought he had it figured out. He said she probably got cracked nipples and gave up on it. Gary said she kind of said it when she hinted that it was bad timing which means it's because of work. Howard said that his movie-wife Mary McCormack just had a baby and she's breast feeding even though she's on a TV show. Leah said she didn't want to talk about this stuff because she doesn't want to get phone calls and letters from people. She doesn't think that she's a role model like Howard was saying she was. Howard said that maybe she adopted the kid. Leah told him he was an idiot for saying that. Howard told her he's not an idiot, he's an ass. She agreed with that.

Howard said there's a great special on VH1 about Leah getting ready for her wedding. She also said there's one about her baby so Howard said that must be great as well. He told the guys that Leah's husband doesn't look like the kind of guy Leah would marry. He thought she was into other types of guys. This guy looks like a ''South American Dictator'' to him and that's not what he expected. Leah didn't get what he was talking about because the guy is gorgeous to her. Howard said that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. Artie said that he met the guy and he looked Italian to him. Leah said that he's actually Puerto Rican. Artie was surprised to hear that.

Leah told Howard she doesn't want people passing judgement on her about her breast feeding. Artie said that if she doesn't want letters, then she shouldn't have done a whole special on VH1. Howard took a call from a guy who told Howard he was being a little rough on Leah. Leah said that there are just some women out there who shouldn't breast feed because they can pass along toxins and stuff. Howard figured she was on drugs or something but she said that wasn't the case either. She still refused to talk about the reasons for not breast feeding. Leah was still upset with Robin and didn't want to talk to her at all. Howard tried to give her another plug but she said she didn't even want that from him. Howard told her they were just joking around with her and let her go a short time later.
    Last edited by Toxic; 10-19-2004 at 03:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast