+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trading Spaces Designer Genevieve Gorder to Host New TLC Series

Trading Spaces Designer Genevieve Gorder to Host New TLC Series

Look Who's Rolling Into Town Haul! Trading Spaces Designer Genevieve Gorder to Host New TLC Series
    Thursday July 22, 1:13 pm ET
    Jeffersonville, New York Tapped as First Destination for Nationwide Event

SILVER SPRING, Md., July 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Pack up the pickup and leave your cell phone behind! Genevieve Gorder, the designer best known for bringing big changes to rooms on TLC's hit series TRADING SPACES, is embarking on a fantastic voyage through small town America that aims to turn the very idea of a small town upside down. And this is no simple road trip -- it's a multi-layered series bursting at the seams with rich characters, design know- how, and an inspiring look at the power of neighbors to connect and create change in their communities. Gorder serves as host for the new six-part series, TOWN HAUL, set to premiere in early 2005 on TLC.
    (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20030530/TLCLOGO )
    In TOWN HAUL, Gorder tackles the biggest challenge of her career, not just redesigning a living room, family room, bedroom or den, but an entire town over a series of weeks. In an eye-popping television event, she will oversee a team of skilled designers, carpenters and craftspeople as they work alongside townspeople to re-imagine, re-paint, repair and restore small towns across the United States. In addition, Gorder will continue to appear as a designer on TRADING SPACES.

For the series' initial six-episode run, Jeffersonville, New York (population 500) serves as the backdrop for Gorder's vision as her team gives new life to buildings around town and brings renewed spirit to its citizens. From the village hall to the teen center, from storefronts along Main Street to houses on side streets, nothing is off-limits as TOWN HAUL offers a look at design inspired by what happens when small towns meet with the power of big ideas. The characters and stories in TOWN HAUL are all revealed over the course of an entire season, along with a new place to call home.

"Genevieve's exuberant spirit, fearlessness and humor are a perfect match for TOWN HAUL," Roger Marmet, general manager, TLC, said. "Her energy and creativity are sure to inspire both the townspeople featured and viewers alike to make change in their lives." He continued, "I'm thrilled that TRADING SPACES has made stars of its cast, and that Genevieve's new series will also be part of the TLC family."

Said Gorder, "For me, the most interesting part of design is the people. I wanted to do a show with people that needed more than just some paint on their walls. TLC has given me the chance to actually move into towns across the country and work with them to recreate their identity. From the baseball team to the church basement to Main Street, this new series is going to demonstrate the power of what design can really do in a very big way."

Online, viewers can go to Discovery.com and click on TLC to track the progress of the renovations seen on TOWN HAUL, meet the cast and townspeople and get ideas for their own TOWN HAUL-inspired projects.

TOWN HAUL is produced for TLC by True Entertainment; Terri Johnson is executive producer for TLC; Glenda Hersch and Steven Weinstock are executive producers for True Entertainment. TOWN HAUL is sponsored in part by Swiffer and The Home Depot.

TLC is the only television network that uses real-life storytelling to connect over 93 million viewers in North America to the breadth of the human experience. Discovery Networks, U.S., a unit of Discovery Communications, Inc., operates and manages the Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, the Travel Channel, Discovery Health Channel, Discovery HD Theater, Discovery Kids Channel, Discovery Times Channel, The Science Channel, Discovery Wings Channel, Discovery Home Channel, Discovery en Espanol and FitTV. The unit also distributes BBC AMERICA. Visit TLC on the web by going to http://www.discovery.com and clicking on TLC.
    http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040722/dcth056_1.html

I think the concept of this sounds interesting, but I really aren't a big fan of Gen and that stupid affected voice she has.
    I might give it a look, but I do hope they aren't going OTT with the budget like they do on Renovate My Family or EM.

What an amazingly clever idea! I'm really excited about this show. I really adore Genevieve. She's a little nutty, but seems fun and sweet. I haven't watched Trading Spaces in a while, so I don't know what she's like now. She's so gorgeous and has great decorating sense. I think she'll make a great host.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Looks good to me! Seems like there are a lot of makeover shows coming out aren't there.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

on vacation
    I might consider giving this show a chance and watching if it wasn't for how weird Genevieve Gorder acts in those Swiffer commercials she does, or whatever product they're for. First of all she's barefoot and second of us, she claps her hands and jumps up and down over something that cleans the floor. Too weird.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

+ Reply to Thread