+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 130 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County

Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County

It's one of the wealthiest, most beautiful beachside communities in the world and MTV has unlimited access to the tight-knit power clique of eight rich, beautiful teenagers that live there. Their lives intertwine in ways you won't believe, until you drop in for a visit. Laguna Beach is paradise--a little slice of heaven on earth--why would anyone want to leave? The answer will come as you watch the best friends share experiences through parties, relationships, love and small town injustice. This is where the angst and the tumultuous affairs are the stuff of prime time drama, except this is all REAL. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Welcome to paradise, otherwise known as Laguna Beach, California.

Premieres Tuesday September 28th @ 10:30 p.m. ET/PT

The Cast

Stephen

Stephen's a senior who lives the So-Cal dream: surf, sand, and plenty of girls. His good looks and charm make him the most sought after guy in Laguna Beach. Always the life of the party, Stephen has no fear...unless you count making a commitment. Born and raised in Laguna, Stephen takes full advantage of having the ocean as his backyard, from skim boarding before class to working at the local surf shop after school. Stephen's senior year should be a breeze, especially since he's already been accepted to his number one college choice for fall. The only real dilemma he has to deal with is juggling all the girls in his life. Two girls in this clique want to make him their own. Before the summer ends--who will he finally end up with?

LC

Lauren, or "LC" as her friends call her, was voted "Most Irresistible" by her senior class. This beautiful Laguna Beach local has grown up immersed in the wealth and privilege of "the bubble." Along with her best friend Lo, these OC girls spend their time shopping, sunning and searching for guys. With so much going for LC, including a mansion built by her architect father on a bluff overlooking the Pacific, it's going to be hard for her to leave all of it behind as she heads off to college to study fashion design. Luckily Stephen, her close friend since childhood, will be attending college in the same city.

Kristin

A party girl, Kristin is a junior who rules the popular clique of her class and holds her own with the seniors. She's confident and sexy and always gets what she wants, especially when it comes to her turbulent relationship with Stephen. Having moved from Chicago to live with her dad in Laguna, Kristin is the newest addition to this power clique. Strong-willed and assertive, wherever Kristin goes, drama follows.

Christina

The daughter of a TV preacher, Christina must navigate the choppy party waters of her senior year in Laguna with her wild friends while keeping her morals in check. Luckily she has her best friend Morgan by her side to keep her in line. Already accepted to her college of choice, Christina must now deal with the dilemma of going to school or pursuing her dreams of singing and acting.

Trey

Best friends with Stephen since childhood, Trey is a senior and the thinking girl's hunk. He's passionate about politics and activism and has a sharp sense of style. When Trey's not organizing open mic nights to promote his non-profit organization, Active Young Americans, he's designing many of his own clothes, including a line of trendy trucker hats. With life decisions right around the corner, like will he get into his dream school, NYU, Trey must figure out if he'll focus on fashion or politics, and how to take the movement he started in Laguna to the next level.

Morgan

Morgan, also a senior, is Christina's best friend and a bubbly extrovert who loves to hang with the 'in' crowd even though it's a constant effort not to let her friend's random hook-ups influence her decision to remain a virgin until marriage. Upbeat and hard working, Morgan is ready to get out of "the bubble" and has applied to only one college. If accepted, she's convinced it's there that she'll find new friends, and a boyfriend, who share her beliefs. The one dilemma: will she get in?

Lo

A blond-haired blue eyed mini fashionista, Lo is Laguna Beach's very own Paris Hilton. She's LC's best friend and always there for her. Smart and articulate, nothing slips by Lo's Chanel-sun-glassed line of vision without, as she feels, a well-deserved, scathing comment. Lo is used to calling the shots with her friends, but her parents are calling the shots at home and even though this is her senior year they still have a few months to decide when and where she parties.

Talan

Attractive and athletic, Talan's a junior, but has hooked up with most of the senior girls in school. A surf champ, star quarterback and volleyball pro, the Laguna girls have a hard time resisting his charm.

Laguna Beach has always been an artist colony retreat. The Festival of Arts, Pageants of the Masters, Sawdust Festival are some of the activities that draw local to their picturesque resort community. It has steep hills rising from the ocean. It has a lot of the charm of old San Francisco with a lot of free daily demonstration workshops are presented in a variety of media.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CIAO
    Laguna Beach has always been an artist colony retreat. The Festival of Arts, Pageants of the Masters, Sawdust Festival are some of the activities that draw local to their picturesque resort community. It has steep hills rising from the ocean. It has a lot of the charm of old San Francisco with a lot of free daily demonstration workshops are presented in a variety of media.
    Ciao, if that's your way of saying "How can they claim this is the real O.C. when it is SO not?" then I have to totally agree with you.

Laguna I'm sure has its share of beautiful youngsters who hang out on the beach and have non-stop sex with each other. But Laguna Beach is indeed primarily for artists and people who enjoy buying or looking at art.

You want the "real" Orange County? Drive a few miles north to Newport Beach. Except there's absolutely nothing real in Newport Beach. Everything there is phony as a two-dollar bill!

um, there are such a thing as two dollar bills...

NYPOST:

September 16, 2004 -- NOT since "Beverly Hills, 90210" has a nighttime soap opera taken off like "The O.C."
    Now there's even a reality show loosely based on and even filmed like the red-hot series about the poor, little rich kids of Orange County, Calif.

"I've always wanted to try to do a reality show that would use the visual language of a narrative like in feature [films] and dramas instead of the visual language of a documentary," says Tony Disanto, executive producer of MTV's "Laguna Beach The Real Orange County" which debuts later this month.

"And since the show 'The O.C.' is such a big hit with our viewers and teens in general, we thought it might be cool to see what the real kids out in the O.C. were doing," he says. "What we wound up with is a reality version of a scripted drama."

In the past, producers of MTV reality shows like "The Real World" and "Road Rules" have relied on the documentary film techniques confessionals, voice-over narration, jerkily natural camera movements to tell their stories. "Laguna" abandoned all that, says Disanto.

By using at least two or three cameras for every shot, hiring cameramen with dramatic TV experience and editing the show as if it were a scripted drama, the show has the look and feel of the real thing, says Disanto.

"Laguna," which finished filming only three weeks ago, follows eight high school juniors and seniors who live in a laid-back, monied seaside town south of Los Angeles. The local high school gave then withdrew permission to film there, so most of the show now takes place around the kids' in their parents' multi-million dollar homes.

At the heart of the show is a love triangle between two seniors, a pretty girl named Lauren (her friends call her LC) her childhood friend Stephen and his girlfriend, a very dramatic junior named Kristin.

Cameras stuck with the tight-knit group all the way from spring break, prom season, graduation and summer vacation to when some leave for college.

"Usually in reality shows, you handpick people and put them all together somewhere like in 'Big Brother,' " says Disanto. "This group of real friends already hung out together."
    http://nypost.com/entertainment/19458.htm

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I watched it tonight, not bad for a bunch of spoiled teens.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I watched tonight and thought it was awful...sooo boring. I live only a few miles away from LB and was hoping it would be more exciting. It's nice to see stores/buildings, etc. that I recognize though.

FORT Newbie
    I wonder how 'real' these situations are or how much is set up by producers.... I am guessing the producers give them suggestions as to what to plan, where to go, etc. and film the 'response' or reaction those situations provide.

I actually liked the show! It just fascinates me that kids actually live like that. Did you see LC's house that is being built?!

It does seem like it may be a tad staged to me, too, but I'll watch it. I like it.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    One of the girls, Kristin looks like a mix of Farrah Fath (Mimi of DOOL) and Kendal from RR. I already like Lauren.:p
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread