+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County

Not only was this show obviously staged, but it was also very boring.

This show is so staged. While I admit I find it mildly entertaining, I cannot beleive they are trying to sell it as reality. They set up shots...for example they have one camera on a LC as she makes eye contact with Stephen across the way, and another one set up on Stephen as he reacts. It's like drama. It even looks too high quality to be a reality show. What I mean by that is that the lighting isn't harsh enough, the cameras don't move around fast enough, and they follow the cast around as if they know what their next step will be (which they probably read about in the script).

karennz~ LMAO at the Newport Beach comment! Being that Newport is the next town over, we get lumped in with them A LOT. Don't get me wrong, HB has it's share of snooty rich people, but for the most part people are WAY more laid back and down to earth here.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedONE
    um, there are such a thing as two dollar bills...
    ... *breathes*

Yea... that was great... yes... there are 2 dollar bills.. I have one framed with some old coins including silver pennies! and ever so occasionally you do see them being shopped, but I think most people keep them for nostalgic purposes..

You know, I saw the commerical for this show, and I couldn't decide if it was a scripted show or Reality TV, and I missed the premire, and from I've read, I am not upset, but I probably will try to catch the show at some point, MTV is good for reruns and stuff... why go to some place like "laguna beach" for a supposedly reality TV show? it seems like you can find hot people just about anywhere... *shrug*
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

It does seem kinda scripted. Btw, it's on right now if you don't know.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

oh is it? lol.. I turned off my TV after the Apprentice to come here... lol..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    One of the girls, Kristin looks like a mix of Farrah Fath (Mimi of DOOL) and Kendal from RR. I already like Lauren.:p
    I thought Lauren looked a lot like Ben Stiller's wife Christine.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I thought Lauren looked a lot like Ben Stiller's wife Christine.

Oh yeah, she does.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Newbie

Laguna Beach--The Fake OC

Just thought you might like to know....that credit card that's supposedly "not a prop," that 700 dollar a night suite at the Hotel, the trips to New York, Cabo, Catalina Island---all of them were paid for by MTV. The cast also received thousands of dollars to be on the show, which incidentally was opposed by masses of Laguna Beach residents as being a misrepresentation of Laguna Beach and its people. This show is about as far from reality as a "reality show" can get, with cast members being coached on what to say, where to sit, how to act.

How do I know this? I know every one of those kids, watched the production in person and have lived in Laguna Beach for 19 years.

Hi ho Silver and Away
    This show is LAME, it has more music on it, then MTV plays. Most of the location shots, are not even in Laguna Beach. I don't know why anyone would want to call their show Laguna Beach, and think it is a good thing. Laguna Beach is a artist colony and also has a huge gay community.
    Newport Beach has more money than Laguna Beach. The show is a joke and I give it a few weeks before MTV dumps it

Hi ho Silver and Away
    The room that they got at the Surf and Sand was free because they used their name in the show, that is how Hollywood works. They gave them free publicity in their show, and the hotel in return gave them the room for free.

+ Reply to Thread