+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County

Was anyone else irritated that Chase was wearing that baseball cap when he took Tessa out to dinner for her birthday? Maybe I am just old or something. Also, the phone call that he got during dinner was pretty lame...what could the band possible need that he would have to leave right away? It's not like he's the lead singer of Coldplay or something.

I think Tessa is a real cutie and I get the feeling that aside from the Kyndra/Cami circle of friends, this cast seems more together and real. I mean Chase's band is really good, and if we can remember back to Talen's debut at Fight the Slide, we can clearly see a marked improvement. I think Tessa is also into designing cloths (kind of like LC's passion for fashion, but Tessa actually designs and makes the stuff). Rocky seems really sweet and was very concerned with how well Tessa liked her party. That was sweet. I think many of the cast members are cuter then previous seasons. Tessa is cute, as is Rocky and although she is a major bitch, Kyndra is pretty. Cami, not so much. The boys are so nice to look at though. Mostly Chase and Kelan. Cameron just looks like a big doofus to me.
    I noticed that the convo between Tessa and Chase was very normal and not-at-all the typical laguna chat we usually see. They seem a little smarter, a little more engageing and much more down to earth and interesting. At least to me. I heard more big words in last night's episode then all other previous ones combined. Although these kids are younger, in some ways it seems like they are more grown up.
    Cami is way more mean then she has right to be. I don't care how much money you have. When you are that ugly on the outside, you have to try and make your insides just a little prettier to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose View Post
    Cami is way more mean then she has right to be. I don't care how much money you have. When you are that ugly on the outside, you have to try and make your insides just a little prettier to make up for it.
    Great quote! Too bad Cami has no clue how ugly she is!

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose View Post
    haha. thats soooo true.

Another addiction. It makes me want to go and live near the ocean, it really does, its just so beautiful. I doubt without this background they ever would have had a show at all. I mean, would anyone have watched if the kids were in middle America, no beach anywhere in sight?
    Yup. MTV has a new reality show, Two-A-Days that takes place in Hoover High School, in Alabama, no beaches. They are trying to look for a new show that will be the next Laguna Beach, and they have tried with 8th & Ocean (It has nice beaches, location, and good looking people, but not much drama), and Two-A-Days, but they havent found a show as successful as Laguna Beach.

The thing that makes Laguna so interesting and fun to watch is the A) Location. Laguna is a beautiful town in "The Real Orange County" B) The good looking teens ..and the best one C) The DRAMA!
    You betta stop interruptin my prayers before the Lord directs me to whoop yo ass!
    -Flavor of Love 2

MTV Reality Blog

Yeah I didn't want to be the first one to come out and say "wow, Cami's FUGLY!!" but since its been mentioned....she doesn't have much in the way of looks and her personality sure doesnt help.

But then, to me, it totally makes Kyndra an ugly girl to be as big a bitch as she seems to be. No matter how pretty her face might be, she isn't pretty to me because of what's on the INSIDE. If these kids only realized how petty and silly it makes em look to be that way, like...maybe their parents could clue them in. If my child was going to be on a show like this, I would so totally sit down with them and warn them that what they put forward on that show could stick with them a long long time. and that its just as easy to be nice to people as it is to be nasty. I can't believe the attitudes some of them have.

Maybe I'm just too old also. But a little guidance from parents isnt always a bad thing, is it?

lily

oh yeah it was totally lame for Chase or whatever his name is to leave Tessa and go do something with the band on that one particular night. You'd think he could give the girl a few hours on her birthday for crying out loud. His face got all weird after he told her that...like he was lookin at her like he really did like her then he gets the call gives her the bad news and his face got all stony, like he is just determined to spend every second getting somewhere with that band. But .... well.... on second thoughts, ambition in and of itself is not a bad thing. Maybe they will make it someday. Personally though I'd like to see him spend a little more time with Tessa and not be so rigid.

haha
    cami acts like shes hot and stuff
    but really shes probably one of the ugliest ones, besides rocky

as i was watching this episode
    when some of the characters would appear, id think of a previous cast member
    chase reminds me of talen
    rocky reminds me of casey
    kyndra similiar to kristen
    cameron somewhat stephen/jason
    kelan???
    tessa???

Quote Originally Posted by retromayhem View Post
    haha
    cami acts like shes hot and stuff
    but really shes probably one of the ugliest ones, besides rocky

as i was watching this episode
    when some of the characters would appear, id think of a previous cast member
    chase reminds me of talen
    rocky reminds me of casey
    kyndra similiar to kristen
    cameron somewhat stephen/jason
    kelan???
    tessa???

Tessa : LC
    Rocky: Lo
    Cameron: Stephen
    Kyndra : Kristin
    Chase: Trey -- Of course Trey is much kinder and would do anything for a friend and obviously not abandon her for his fashion.But something just reminds me of trey
    Kelan : Dieter

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I like Tessa. Does anyone know if she's half Asian? She looks it to me. She is probably the cutest girl, and apparently does some modeling on the side for a surf company. She seems very sensible and I hope she doesn't get caught in all the catty drama that Cami/Kyndra seem to revel in. I don't know which one LC's sister is. I've only seen a few snippets of the last epsiode and I don't think I saw her at Kyndra's BBQ or the surprise birthday party for Tessa.

Tessa: Adorable and seems nice.
    Chase: Cute boy and his band is pretty good--I was actually surprised.
    Cami: Butt ugly and mean just for the sake of being mean.
    Kyndra: Looks like a skanky witch and the way she was eying Cameron during their sushi dinner was making me gag. (If she's trying be the new Kristin, she's got a long way to go. Kristin got away with murder 'cause of her looks. Kyndra doesn't have that to fall back on.)
    Cameron: He's really weird looking to me...too puffy and toothy or something. He reminds me of the Michelin Tire Man.
    Jessica's mom: I liked her for telling Jessica to stop falling for these losers.
    Kyndra's mom: 3 words, lady. BUY A BRA.
    Jessica: For Pete's sake, check out the dating pool at your college and leave the high school boys for the high school girls!

And why am I judging these little snots by their looks? I don't know. I guess I think they deserve it.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 08-27-2006 at 05:50 PM.

For me the cast from Season 1 and 2 that relate to season 3 cast are:
    Tessa- L.C.
    Knydra- Kristin
    Chase- kinda like Talan because of the rock band thing.. but not so much chasing girls as Talan did.
    Kelan- Talan (only because it sounds like Talan with a K)
    Cami- kind of like Alex H. (kristin's sidekick) but meaner.
    Raquel "Rocky"- can be compared to Lo or Casey
    Cameron- He is kind of like Stephen because he is in the middle of a love triangle.

People who we havent heard much from yet:
    Lexie-- ok I havent heard much from her yet, I think on the first episode the only thing she said was "OMG did you get the sauce on me"
    Breanna-- havent heard much from this one yet other than her short conversation with Rocky in the first episode.
    You betta stop interruptin my prayers before the Lord directs me to whoop yo ass!
    -Flavor of Love 2

MTV Reality Blog

+ Reply to Thread