+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County

http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/2004/1...cle_337163.php

There was an article about LB in the Orange County Register today:

MTV loves Laguna

By RICHARD CHANG
    The Orange County Register

Just when you thought reality television had left Laguna Beach for good, it's ba-ack.

MTV has picked up "Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County" for a second season. The cable music-television network made the announcement from New York's Times Square on Tuesday night, after the first-season finale aired.

Billed as TV's first "reality drama" series, "Laguna Beach" followed the lives of eight wealthy, attractive teenagers as they surfed, partied and shopped amid pristine beaches, multimillion-dollar homes, trendy boutiques and, oh, high school.

The first season focused on a clique of last year's Laguna Beach High School students, mostly seniors. Season 2, which will air in 2005, will look at this year's seniors, with a new narrator and new characters. The series has begun shooting; production begins this month and will continue through summer 2005.

When it debuted in September, the unscripted program was intended to be reality TV's answer to Fox's hit soap "The O.C." Despite some doubts and criticism from local residents, "Laguna Beach" scored extremely well in its time period and ranked in the top five cable series among 12-to-34-year-olds.

"We're really psyched to continue the story," said Tony DiSanto, executive producer of the series and senior vice president of production for MTV. "It was a tremendous risk. We didn't know if it would really work. So it's satisfying all around, because of the success; and what we set out to do creatively worked."

Season 1 peered into the lives of bad boy Stephen Coletti, his lifelong friend Lauren Conrad ("LC"), and his girlfriend, junior Kristin Cavalleri.

In Season 2, Kristin will be the main star and narrator. She'll join Talan Torriero, the senior quarterback; some other returning cast members; and a new crew of high school seniors, including transferring student Casey, a blonde who drives a convertible Mercedes and gives Kristin a run for her money.

Meanwhile, the show promises to follow up with Stephen and LC, who are attending the same college in San Francisco. Some burning questions include: Will Stephen and Kristin be able to sustain their long-distance relationship, or will the senior guys bring out Kristin's wild side? And will LC finally hook up with Stephen in San Francisco?

In conjunction with Season 2, MTV and Paramount will release all of Season 1 on DVD, with unseen footage, cast interviews and other bonus features.

Some Laguna Beach residents and students have criticized the show for being one-dimensional, materialistic and unrealistic. A day after filming began, the Laguna Beach Unified School District canceled its contract with MTV after parents complained that they were blindsided by the agreement. Access to the high school was denied and has not been regained for Season 2.

But the series scored with a key demographic: teenagers. On Tuesday night, a diverse group of enthusiastic teens, mostly girls, watched the finale from MTV's Times Square studios. They gushed about the show and were able to answer obscure trivia questions about who did what with whom in the first season.

So "The O.C." better watch its back, because "The Real Orange County" will return for Round 2.

FORT Newbie
    When does the new season start?

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyez2319
    When does the new season start?
    Probably not until shooting is almost over next summer. Isn't that the way reality shows are normally done? Film the whole thing, and then go back and edit a good story out of your footage.

Im not too keen on a full season of Kristin. I see that they show LC, Stephen, and Trey every once in a while....but it wont be the same!

And why does LC leave SanFran?!?!? I was hoping K's prediction would be wrong

*sigh*

FORT Newbie
    I absolutely adore Laguna Beach, as a teenager growing up in so cal it's very relatable. FYI people do talk like that, I do...my friends do...almost every single teenager in so cal talks like that

Anyone else on the West Coast? Turn on the news. There is a man in his 50s inside the Crystal Cathedral where Christina's Father and Grandfather work. He is shooting and possibly holding people hostage.

FORT Fanatic
    This morning on Entertainment Tonight on MTV they had a segment about a band called Rooney (sp?) and Kristen, Talan, and Lo were on talking about how they loved Rooney. They were at a beachside concert in California. Just so's you know

Am I the only one who thinks Trey is the best guy out of the bunch?
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

LC's mom is selling her purse on eBay:

LC's purse

FORT Fanatic
    I was surfing the net yesterday and read an article about Matt Leinart (a football player at USC). It said he is rumoured to be dating Kristin.... I wonder if we'll see that on the new season?

+ Reply to Thread