+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EM: Home Edition 09/26 - "The Wofford Family"

EM: Home Edition 09/26 - "The Wofford Family"

SEASON PREMIERE

LIFE IS MADE EASIER FOR A WIDOWER WITH EIGHT YOUNG CHILDREN
    THANKS TO "EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION," ON THE SERIES'
    TWO-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE, AIRING SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 ON ABC

"Wofford Family" -- A widower who is now caring for his eight children hasn't been able to keep up with the needed repairs to their three-bedroom house in Encinitas, California. He is willing to make sacrifices to afford his kids all of the things they deserve, but even so, this father raising his children single-handedly wants to do more for them. The opportunity to make this deserving family's life easier has come in the form of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," on the two-hour season premiere, airing SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

When Brian Wofford's wife passed away four years ago, he dedicated himself to making it possible for his children to pursue their dreams. Today the kids are involved in lots of activities, including playing basketball and volunteering with their church. But playing the role of dad/basketball coach/chauffeur has left Brian little time to run his chiropractic practice. He has had to scale back his work hours to be available to his kids, and now struggles to make ends meet. The house repairs went unattended and, although he may be a master with his hands clinically, he admits that he is "all thumbs" when it comes to making home improvements. With the girls sharing a room where their beds are stacked on top of each other and the boys living in the partially converted garage/laundry room, adding more space to the house was a priority for the EMHE team.

While the design team, contractors and over 150 workers transformed the Wofford house into a dream home in just seven days, Brian and his family -- Peter, 17, Rebekah, 16, 14-year-old twins Lizzie and Luke, Anna, 12, Aaron, 10, Esther, eight, and Elijah, six -- went on vacation to St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, staying at the Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort and Spa.

The finished house was built by a commercial builder who goes to church with the Woffords. He had never built a residence before, only commercial buildings.

In addition to the thousands of well-wishers who welcomed the Woffords to their new home, U.S. Marines from nearby Camp Pendleton came by to give a helping hand.

The designers for this episode of are team leader and carpenter Ty Pennington, Paul DiMeo (carpentry/nuts & bolts), Tracy Hutson (shopping/style), Michael Moloney (interiors/glamour), Constance Ramos (building/planning) and Preston Sharp (exteriors/big ideas).

"Wofford Family" was directed by Patrick Higgins.

"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. The series is executive-produced by Tom Forman and premiered December 3, 2003, on the ABC Television Network. This program carries a TV-PG parental guideline.

Now this is an amazing story! A single father raising 8 kids, all under 18, in a three bedroom house. I cannot wait to see this.

EM:HE 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread only until 1 AM eastern.

Thanks and enjoy the show!

Is anybody watching? This family is probably one of my favorite yet.

Hi There!

Have you been sobbing as much as I have already. I like this family too.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

I don't think there has been a more deserving family.

They hire a contracter who hasn't built a house. :rolleyes

AI........... that contractor has turned out to be the best one they've ever had. How very cool that it happened that way!

This house is absolutely beautiful! The family is going to be stunned. They are, indeed, such a well deserving family.

I missed how the wife/mother passed away. Did she have cancer?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

The mother went into the hospital with flu symptoms and within days died from an infection. Heartbreaking.

Oh my goodness... how shocking!

How does one keep from crying at this show?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I just love it! The house is perfect for the family.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast