+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EM: Home Edition 09/26 - "The Wofford Family"

This is such a great show!! I always get teary while watching this show but this ep had me bawling like a baby!! Thumbs up on this show and thumbs up to Ty H (hubba hubba) leaving a success like Trading Spaces to do a show w/ such a great cause!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Oh my goodness... how shocking!

How does one keep from crying at this show?
    If you figure it out, let me know. I can't get through an episode without bawling like a baby.

Budget? There seems to be no limit. They've done things like purchased the mortgage for a family of kids who lost both their parents unexpectedly. They pulled a guy out of his military service in Iraq in order to surprise his family. Usually they give all the kids their own plasma TVs and all kinds of equipment.

I can't believe they made a two-story gym. I loved the finished product, except for the boy who had to help make his own room. Granted, he seemed to like the tools and all that, but he was left with a dark grey room that looked like the inside of a toolbox.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Wow!!! What a show!! I watched and bawled like a baby. What a tragic loss, and bless the dad's heart, he loved his wife so much. I am glad they did something special for the oldest daughter, who has taken over as being a mom to her siblings since her mom's death. When the dad seen the wife's portrait that was done by their neighbor, I had tears streaming down my face. This family deserved exactly what the show gave them, the nicest biggest home they had built ever. The family was very close and you could tell that they were real close to God. I loved it when he lifted his arms in praise when he saw their new home. Very touching story EM!! Please give us more shows like this in the future!

Does it get any better than this?

What a great show! I love this family! The small house reminded me of my younger years growing up in a trailer with my six siblings. By the time I hit my teen years the trailer was gone and replaced by a house on the same site so I have some idea how this family felt.

As beautiful at the house was, the way the community gathered to be part of the construction just tore me apart emotionally. You know this family is special to generate such love and charity.

I'm so glad I watched the show. The only fly in the ointment is the Michael guy who went behind the backs of others to have the mahogany trim painted instead of stained. This is the second show that I've seen him pull stuff like this. Someone needs to take him to the woodshed for a "talk". Oh Ty, I've got a job for you, honey.

I cried through the whole thing. Even before it actually began. When they were just talking about it I started crying.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I can't believe they made a two-story gym. I loved the finished product, except for the boy who had to help make his own room. Granted, he seemed to like the tools and all that, but he was left with a dark grey room that looked like the inside of a toolbox.
    Yeah, I was a little underwhelmed at that particular room, but overwhelmed at everything else. And they finally finished a house ahead of schedule! The help from the friends and neighbors was amazing.

Count me among those who was bawling like a baby at the reaction of Dad and kids to Mom's portrait and her sunglasses on her roll-top desk.

I thought the boy with the Lion King room seemed a bit old for that sort of thing, but if he's happy that's all that matters.

I'm giving this episode two thumbs up. I can't imagine that any other episode this season is going measure up to this one.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

i LOVED this episode! perfect family! like the rest of you that mentioned it... i was less than thrilled with the room ty did for the boy who liked tools. he had a lame room and they didn't really "build" a bed so much as snap metal together.

but the family was amazing and the house was great!

i don't want to type this too big for fear of reaction, but i want to say that i was less than impressed with the painting of the mom. i mean, i loved the sentiment, but i thought the finished picture of her was a bit lackluster. i think a great picture of her would have been better. that or a more talented artist.

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i don't want to type this too big for fear of reaction, but i want to say that i was less than impressed with the painting of the mom. i mean, i loved the sentiment, but i thought the finished picture of her was a bit lackluster. i think a great picture of her would have been better. that or a more talented artist.
    Jeez sher, I had to put on my bifocals to read this!

I agree about the quality of the painting, but perhaps the fact that it was painted by someone who knew her makes it more special to the family, than a more professional job done by a stranger would.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

This show was a great episode, and also an illustration of why this show is so much better than the FOX alternative. They aren't trying to "fix" dysfunctional people, or tell them what to do, they are just finding the good ones and helping them without moralizing to them.

I also appreciate the new acknowledgement of how much they use pre-built segments. THANK YOU for finally admitting it. I want a lot more of these "how did we do it" segments this season.

And yeah... I agree that the painting of the mom kind of sucked. But the Dad liked it--that's all that probably matters.
    Last edited by Krom; 10-03-2004 at 09:19 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast