+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EM: Home Edition 09/26 - "The Wofford Family"

What an amazing family. I can't wait until they see the basketball court!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Oh my god that's one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Are all 8 children theirs? No step children?
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

I didnt get the impression that they were anything other than a traditional family.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

what an amazing family and I would agree the most deserving I have seen.

I missed the very beginning but I still alot.

I am always amazed that they can build a house and be that creative in just a week.......
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I think they blew the whole "contractor who hasn't ever built a house" thing way out of proportion. All the commercial contractors I know are far better builders than any of the residential ones I've ever had to work with. They are far more used to working on tight deadlines and such. Also, despite what you see on the show, the house is planned and permits and approvals gotten well in advance of the show. As they said that the framing was being done off site and then being trucked in , (possibly started before the demo) and set up, the building was very easily constructed. I'd expect to see them do this more often.
    I did think it was a great show, the house was fabulous. The family really needed the room.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 09-27-2004 at 03:08 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I was flipping channels and I just caught the ending. The husband's reaction to the portrait of his wife actually brought tears to my eyes.

This was a great episode, and a wonderful family. I really like how the team works so hard to take the personality and taste of each family member into account for their decisions. So many improvement shows are all about the designers, and interesting TV. Giving these wonderful people not only what the need, but exactly what they wanted makes for the best TV.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

I have always wanted to see this show but am never home on Sunday nights. I was actually home last night and stumbled across the show about 15-20 minuts in - boy am I glad I did! I cried so much! I love home makeover shows, but it's so much better when it's done for a very worthy cause and when it's appreciated so much by the family. I am just amazed at everything they did - right down the basketball court dining room table! Just out of curiousity - what is the budget for this show? And did anyone catch how many square feet the new house is? I most certainly will watch this show again if given the opportunity. Next time I'll have kleenex in hand.

I think i heard them say 4600 Sqr Feet.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast