+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Surreal Life: The Real World Gone Wrong

2ndToe, I wasn't planning on watching this show, but I still checked it out since nothing else is on. After watching the 1st episode, I'm really looking forward to the second episode. It's just too funny watching these neurotic b-celebs.

And I'm with you that Jerri might be the hero of this surreal life. How crazy is that?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Okay, I have NO idea when this show is on. I'm just counting on the Tivo to record it whenever it is.

Wolf, 2ndToe ....I guess is I miss it I will depend on you guys to fill me in!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

2ndToeLongist
    Jerri, Jerri, Jerri, God love her, she's gonna be the champ of the Surreal Life but alas, no bright yellow Pontiac Aztek for her (and what a prize that was for the "Survivor"...listen, I'd be pissed to my highest point of pisstivity if my prize for thirty days of no food or bathroom privacy was an Aztek, come on).

The WB smells a hit on it's hands:

http://www.thewb.com/PressRelease/In...,87139,00.html

And this camping trip thingy...should be no problem for Vince and Corey, I'm sure they've pitched many a tent in their collective lifetime(s).

Showtime is Thursday nights, 9 p.m. (8 central). I can't help it, I must watch, stuff like this makes me feel like I ain't doin' too bad!!! (I love that yay smilie, he/she is my hero)

2ndToeLongist
    How many washed up celebrities and has beens that never really were does it take to row a boat to shore?

Not as many as licks it takes to reach the center of a Tootse Roll Tootsie Pop but both are delicious evil treats and rather time consuming.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    OMG, these people are really pathetic. I almost feel sorry for them.

Though I LOVED Hammer's discussion on how they should feel so blessed because of the easy work they have. Corey think way too highly of himself obviously.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fanatic
    Originally posted by BravoFan
    OThough I LOVED Hammer's discussion on how they should feel so blessed because of the easy work they have. Corey think way too highly of himself obviously.
    Definitely. I think Corey is trying to give excuses to the public via this show why his career is in the toilet. I loved it when Hammer said he would be Corey's agent and read scripts for him! Lighten up, Corey.

I love having Jerri on this show. It's perfect.

2ndToeLongist
    Corey would've been dead in a ditch had I been in that van...oh Lord help...Hammer help, that is, Hammer was definitely the voice of experience last night!

Corey pissed and moaned about losing everything by age 14. Sure, that's a hard blow, however, at least he made it to age 14 and twice that now, Vince lost a daughter who was only four years old. Vince could father ten million more children (rumor has it...well, he may be halfway there) but little Schuylar can never be replaced.

Hammer nailed Corey, literally, one can score new jobs and more cash but in order to move into the future, one must relinquish the grip on the past. As long as Corey uses the past as a crutch rather than as education, he has no present or future.

MC lost everything he had, every cent he made and wound up owing three times that but he pressed on...he might make a good agent for Corey, that or he'd kill him.

Now I know why Corey wants to get married on television: no one would "attend" otherwise.

I suppose my gift to he and Ms. Susie will be...a rating point. Good for Corey, want a cookie? Now shut up.

I watch this show for the kitsch factor like so many others do but...be careful, you just might learn something too, they're slipping life's little lessons in to be read between the lines.

And in other news...Gabrielle, God love her, I swear she's gotta be the coolest homeroom mom! Her repacking Vince's backpack and pointing out the two zippers, was that sooo first day of school or what???

Vince talking on the cellphone at the truckstop was hysterical, it reminded me of how parents used to call a friend, put the kid on the phone, and pretend they were talking to Santa Claus so they'd start behaving.

2ndToeLongist
    No wonder Corey couldn't row the boat, he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper sack.

I'm guessing his housemates will have chunks of him in their stool by the time the show is over.

I just loved it when Corey was flapping his mouth in the van on the way to the camping trip, and everyone else was rolling their eyes :rolleyes or sleeping.

Corey is such a whiner. That boy is in serious need of some therapy. Hammer definitely put him in his place.

Hammer and Corey were pathetic in the row bowing race. It was hilairous watching Hammer paddling in circles. Of course, Corey sat their and sulked.

Gabrielle is awesome. If it wasn't for her, what would the other celebs do. She repacked Vince's bag, got the tent up, and heated their meals. She got stuck with the "Mom" role.

Originally posted by 2ndToeLongist
    I can't wait to see how the camping trip turns out...something tells me this is gonna make "Deliverance" look like an Easter Egg hunt...
    THAT IS A CLASSIC LINE, NOW EXCUSE ME WHILE I CLEAN POP OFF THE MONITOR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast