+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Surreal Life: The Real World Gone Wrong

2ndToeLongist
    Initially I was troubled by Brande's less than firm grasp on the taxed food concept but then again, she's a Playmate, what would she know about food?

I expected more from Vince, come on, after reading tales from the lewd and lascivious crypt known as the Motley House a'la "The Dirt," I just thought...well, I guess there are reasons he's past his prime.

2ndToe and welcome! Brande's tax comment was pretty funny. But I'm sure her servants did the grocery shopping fr her, so she was out of the loop. It was still funny, though.

I actually didn't know who Brande was, out of all those people in the house. Vince has definitely mellowed out a lot. Even Emmanuelle said Vince wasn't very animated.

2ndToeLongist
    Heyo, thank you for the welcome!

I didn't know who Brande was either, I thought, "how ironic that she bemoans not knowing who Jerri is when...who is Brande?"

I'm looking for Hammer to call everyone out and then Jerri's gonna pounce on him, just my guess.

I did like Hammer's comment: "what, you can't eat dinner without your girl, you done done it three times..."

Is it Jerri kissing Vince on the promos? We know he dated Corey's ex wife (whew, is that a label you'd want for life?) as well as Shannen Doherty and Tori Spelling, now's Gabrielle's turn to be included in the Vince's Girls of 90210 mix...if she's into a man who looks like a blonde Ron Jeremy.

Vince is recently divorced, again, and according to Metal Sludge, punched out his current girlfriend (the one he called maybe?) during a concert two weeks ago.

Hmmm, this is one of those "how, and why, do I know this stuff" moments.
    Last edited by 2ndToeLongist; 01-11-2003 at 07:04 PM.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Originally posted by John
    [B]Sadly, I would recognize all of them except for Brande (I'm part of a tiny minority of men who's never made it through a whole episode of Baywatch).
    ~~Stands up so all can see him~~ HEY, ME TOO!!!!! i never even watched an episode left alone 5 minutes of one.

all but the lady from 90240 and the playmate i would have possible reconized. cory needs to get more rehab help. he is in dire need of a check up from the neck up. Wonder why he likes his girlfriend so much? She can't see her feet if she looks straight down.

Did you notice the ashtray filled with butts when they were taking manny around. man the two of them must have been having a contest on who could burn the most in a short time.

the full qoute that I loved was."theres tax? on food? is that new?" .........yes dear and so are women in playboy without surgical augmentation.

then Cory tell gabreille (sp?) that her veg. friends are doing it for the wrong reason. and then denies he said it right afterwards. maybe he fried more brain cells than he can remember too.

Manny's laugh...........

the suishi meal, love the holy b.s. on why I can't eat and vince gladly admits that "I'm enjoying it" all right Vince, I'd be there with you, and loved the fact none of the women were at the least put off by it. they were all having a good time and just reaching over and picking what they wanted with no qualms at all.

best line by Jerry, "do us a favor and don't make us be wrong" DAMN RIGHT, BACK OFF AND LET ME ENJOY WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE !
    all in all, if any of them make mew friends by the end of ten days I will be surprized.

great recap sher, you did a great job capturing the whole feel of the show.
    Last edited by joeguy; 01-11-2003 at 07:40 PM.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Welcome to the FORT 2ndToe!!

I think these "celebrities" are a tad touchy about Jerri being in the house because they realize that with the birth of reality TV, they are no longer necessary! (not that any of them have worked in the last decade anyway )

Joeguy!!!
    the full qoute that I loved was."theres tax? on food? is that new?" .........yes dear and so are women in playboy without surgical augmentation.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

2ndToeLongist
    I can't wait to see how the camping trip turns out...something tells me this is gonna make "Deliverance" look like an Easter Egg hunt...

Originally posted by 2ndToeLongist
    I can't wait to see how the camping trip turns out...something tells me this is gonna make "Deliverance" look like an Easter Egg hunt...

2ndToe! welcome!

FORT Fanatic
    I caught the replay of this show last night. Is Corey pathetic or what? "I can't do [whatever] if my fiance isn't here." "I have to call my fiance again the second I hang up the phone from the last time I called her." :rolleyes Bleah. He acts like he is a highschooler with his first girlfriend.

Jerri is going to be my hero by the end of this show.

I thought it was ridiculous that Hammer objected to the woman-sushi because he thought she didn't get paid enough to lay there! Well, come to think of it, all the objections were ridiculous: Webster's "I'm a private person" - that's why he's on this reality TV show with cameras following him around 24 hours a day?

It did give me a jones for sushi. I'm headed to the sushi house when I get off work!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    2ndToe!!!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

2ndToeLongist
    I caught the rerun last night, the recap was sooo on the money with Corey calling his chick every T minus 5 seconds!!! Just when I thought no human being could be that annoying...

And that orange room Hammer and Webster are in? Whoa, reminded me of the dream theatre sequence in Soylent Green...don't eat it Vince, it's people, you know...

Five bucks says Gabrielle bakes cupcakes before the last episode, she is a total PTA/homeroom mom...ten bucks says she drives a Volvo.

Anyone else looking forward to the next deliciously guilty pleasure episode as much as I am?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast