+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Surreal Life: The Real World Gone Wrong

FORT Fanatic
    Originally posted by Wolf
    Can't eat off a naked-lady, but brings girlie magazines. :rolleyes
    Good call, Wolf!

OMG I saw this show and I was LMAO watching a bunch of 15 minute has beens on this Real World on acid. I don't remember who it was that mentioned that the group had preconceived notions about Jerri being a bitch but you gotta love Brande's heartbroken dilemma that Robin Givens wasn't coming. If that wasn't hilarious enough, they top it off with a free for all grocery trip and at this point it was a comedy act with Brande seriously asking when they started taxing food. This show couldn't get any funnier!

I felt real bad for Vince Neal though. He looked worked and felt bad about the death of his daughter. I also have to add that I TOO felt very uncomfortable at the sight of the girl being a sushi platter to these folks. That gave me the creeps as well. Ewww.

I gotta tell you...that Corey is a real piece of work. LOL!!!! I can't wait til next week's epi.
    Last edited by Mokka; 01-10-2003 at 01:03 PM.
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

Oh, what about the incident in the store where Brande was unaware that sales tax applied to this things they wanted to buy!

She should be on Joe Millionaire...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Did you guys see Hugh in the preview next week? You think he's checking up on Brande? That's gotta be sketchy for him being around Corey Feldman I think I'm in LUV with this show. It's too damn funny!!!
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Molly, I sort of felt bad for Jerri too! Being stuck in a house with a bunch of whiney brats that think they are so great. Um, I hate to tell them, but Jerri was one of the only people there that I would have recognized if I saw him/her on the street!!

I had never heard of the blonde gal (in fact, I don't even now remember her name and I'm too lazy to look it up), and wouldn't have recognized either Vince or McHammer if they wouldn't have told me who they were.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Sadly, I would recognize all of them except for Brande (I'm part of a tiny minority of men who's never made it through a whole episode of Baywatch). I've seen Motley Crue in concert when Vince was the lead singer, I kind of liked Hammer, I watched Webster and 90210 and Survivor, and I was a fan of the Corey Brothers (Haim and Feldman).

Remember Wayne's World? "Vince Neil killed a guy, and all he got was 30 days in jail!"

Not sure if you remember that, but Vince was convicted of involuntary manslaughter a looooooong time ago.

john, i would have recognized all of them except brande and jerri. i also saw Motley Crue when vince was lead singer, definitely listened to my share of MC Hammer, loved corey, watched webster and 90210.

was the manslaughter a car accident or am i thinking of another "VH1 Behind the Music" star?

I don't remember the details. It was sooooo long ago. I just checked, and it was suspicion of drunk driving and vehicular manslaughter.

Apparently he walked away from the accident unhurt, and was arrested later, so they only assume he was drinking.

He slid across the median into oncoming traffic, and hit another car head-on. The couple in the other car received only minor injuries, but the passenger in Vince's car (Razzle, the drummer for the band Hanoi Rocks) was killed.

"In July of 1986, Los Angeles County Superier Court Judge Edward Hinz, Jr. sentenced Vince with a 30 day jail term, 5 years probation and $2.6 million in restitution to the victims of the crash and 200 hours of community service. Vince got out of jail in 20 days for good behavior. "

Motley Crue had cleaned up and gone drug-free in 1988, and released Dr. Feelgood "clean".

In the late 80's and early 90's, Vince started getting into race car driving, and that led to his being fired from MC in 1992.

Vince's daughter, Skylar, was diagnosed with Wilm's Tumor, a rare children's form of kidney cancer. She died in August of 1995, after 6 surgeries and chemo.

In 2000, Vince married again, to Heidi Mark, who he met shortly after his first divorce, in 1994. In addition to singing, he also owns the rights to a Hawaiian Tropic swimsuit line he markets under the name Xposure.

ah yes. that was the Behind the Music i was thinking of.

i feel for vince, actually. sad about his little girl.

I would not have recognized anyone but Emmanuell and Cory

I would have known Gabrielle after an introduction... vince... nope... brande...nope... Jerri....nope.

ABOUT RECAP:

LOVED all the refrences to Corey having to make his calls and Manny's laughing. Oh my... that laughing......

The next day, all six of the celebs and Jerri wake up to find a bunch of brownies in the kitchen and decide to go door to door to meet their neighbors. Vince asks “What. Should we just go up to the door and say, ‘Here’s some f**king brownies?’” Webster laughs! Gaby says no. Corey exclaims that he needs to make a phone call. He promised he would! Not surprisingly, the neighbors are underwhelmed to see a glam rock star and former addict among a bunch of other unrecognizables as well as a midget knocking on their door claiming to be the new neighbors.

that was a very funny scene, and your recap of it was right on
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast