+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Clean Is Your House - Lifetime Television for Women

How Clean Is Your House - Lifetime Television for Women

Did anyone see that southern California house with those lazy kids, 10 cats, the refrigerator from the depths of Hell and the salmonella-carrying python?

Yes! I cannot believe that people could live in such filth!!!!! Especially with five kids! That was funny when Aggie and Kim were screaming at the litter box.

BTW: I love Lifetime!!

Man, I felt sorry for those poor cats, 10 of them and one tiny litter box, what were those people thinking? I have one kitty and my baby has a huge covered litter box, which I clean once a day. I use a fine grained clay litter that has with ceder shavings which helps cover the smell. Since she is a long hair I also use aloe filled baby wipes on her poor behind and it is nice and clean and smells sweet.

Enugh of my sweet thing. I do understand why those cats are peeing and pooping in the house the litter box is full. Those people should have the Animal Cops arrest them for cruelty to animals. As far as I am concerned the salmonella would be doing us a favor by getting rid of these so called humans. It will certainly be an improvement to the gene pool.

And I thought the straight guys' residences on Queer Eye were bad . . .

These people are just plain N-A-S-T-Y. Even though a clip --- allegedly shot 2 weeks later, I think --- was shown and the house was still in good shape then, I really can't see these pigs maintaining that level of cleanliness for any significant amount of time.

Re the litter box:

I have owned more that one cat at a time. Not ten, no, but definitely more than one. Not once, not ever, did any of my cats handle their business on the floor or carpet.

Yup, these people should be turned in to the SPCA.

I got a real kick out of Aggie and Kim.

I'll have to think about tuning back in to this one, though.

Filthy people totally disgust me.

To see Aggie and Kim take 'em on and tell 'em off, though, I just might!
    Last edited by ness; 09-09-2004 at 12:25 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Watching this show made me feel a lot better about my house. I've never seen anything so filthy in my life.

When they opened that refrigerator, I thought I would get sick. That was just nasty. The kitty "chia" litter box, the black socks covered with cobwebs and spiders, and the black water that came out of the snake tank, ewww.

I'll definitely be watching this one again because Aggie and Kim were hilarious. It kind of bothered me that they kept smelling the offensive odors over and over, though. What were they thinking??? We got the point!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Man, I felt sorry for those poor cats, 10 of them and one tiny litter box, what were those people thinking? I have one kitty and my baby has a huge covered litter box, which I clean once a day. I use a fine grained clay litter that has with ceder shavings which helps cover the smell. Since she is a long hair I also use aloe filled baby wipes on her poor behind and it is nice and clean and smells sweet.

Enugh of my sweet thing. I do understand why those cats are peeing and pooping in the house the litter box is full. Those people should have the Animal Cops arrest them for cruelty to animals. As far as I am concerned the salmonella would be doing us a favor by getting rid of these so called humans. It will certainly be an improvement to the gene pool.
    I think the 10 cats are more stable than the humans .....meaning the cats WANT to have a clean environment (cats are famous for being clean), but how can they win with these lazy piggy humans ruling the roost? Ugh.......

Ok when you're up late with energy to burn, this show is dangerous Two episodes at 11pm last night REALLY got me motivated! I found myself up most of the night decluttering closets of stored things that I really don't need (dropped them all off at Goodwill this morning), and today I went out and got cleaning supplies galore and am on a major spree. Not that my little apartment is anywhere NEAR what they are cleaning, but it really got me thinking and motivated. I also learned that having a snack while watching them do their work in these kitchens is not a good idea :nono It was close to stomach churning just watching it, I can't even imagine what it must be like firsthand, nor do I want to ever find out!

This is one of the times that I am glad I don't have smell-o-vision.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

FORT Newbie

Too gross to turn away!

It's like rubber-necking. You know you shouldn't watch, but you can't help it! I agree with the poster who said it makes her go on a cleaning spree. I immediately start swabbing surfaces with disinfectant after watching this show. It does make me feel like a real homemaker to watch people fail utterly at the most basic of housekeeping tasks (picking up cat vomit right after it happens??).

I really like Clean Sweep. I can relate to clutter and I can dream about someone sweeping out my home. How Clean is Your House is much more about the entertaining hosts and the feeling of superiority I get. Are there people who are really this filthy????

Quote Originally Posted by MeredithPC
    I really like Clean Sweep.
    mee too! what i LOVE is that there's no shock crapola at the reveal a la Trading Spaces and the homeowners always love the results (and how could they not?)

even though the finished rooms tend to follow cookie cutter declutter guidelines, they look great and the talented, charming designers (Angelo Surmelis, Valerie Bickford, Molly Lukemeyer) are non-abrasive and they ACTUALLY LISTEN to the desires of the homeowners and do their best to incorporate the h.o.'s personalities into the rooms (a la NOT Trading Spaces! pardon my francais!)

clean sweep is the best. i would actually buy seasonal dvd's if they'd become available

Quote Originally Posted by MeredithPC
    How Clean is Your House is much more about the entertaining hosts and the feeling of superiority I get. Are there people who are really this filthy????
    yes, without a doubt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast