+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Australian Idol 2

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Ricki-Lee Gone? What the freak is wrong with Australia? 2 top-notch performers gone! My theory here is that if votes were free, the real results would show through. Oh well.

Bottom 3: Chanel/Marty/Ricki - Ricki out

Now with Ricki and Daniel gone here are my new preferences..

1. Chanel: "Nothing is gonna change my world" was awesome. Why was she in the bottom 3? Makes me wonder if the producers are putting her in the bottom three just to increase the drama level. Last week, her "love interest" got the boot and she was in the bottom two next to him. Who will go? The couple torn apart by Australia! Now this week, the two rivals Ricki-Lee and Chanel in the bottom 2. Which one will squash the other and prevail! I am not buying it.

2. Hayley: I am very suprised Hayley has not been in the bottom three for two weeks now! She needs a stand-out performance next week or she is gone. Go Hayley!

3. Casey: Okay, how bad was that performance sunday night? I honestly felt bad for her listenng to it. Poor Casey, luckily, Australia gave her another chance.

4. Marty: Now we are getting into the bland performers. He needs to go soon!

5. Anthony: One week at the top of his game, and now back to the same old garbage. His voice sounds plastic. If he wins I won't do anything about it...Okay, maybe I can throw a can or something...we'll see.

6. Courtney: Why is he still here again? Maybe he is just filler. Might I add he has never been in the bottom three and is is now has second best odds to take the crown.... :rolleyes

I had high hopes for Australian idol to represent big time at this years world idol in December, but it looks tough with strong competition from America, Canada, and even Malaysia.

I was dumbfounded with the verdict last week - Ricki-Lee out? WHAT THE? Here's proof that democracy doesn't work all the time: Ricki-Lee out and Howard still in for a 4th term (quote from one of the radio shows that made me laugh).

I really wanted Marty to go, and I still want him to go. I don't think he's as spectacular as some of the others that have gone.

Yesterday's show:

Anthony: Not as great as 2 weeks ago, but definitely better than last week's Beatles gig. I have a feeling he might win, purely because of his somewhat good looks, cute smile and somewhat ok voice.

Casey: She was pretty amazing last night. But then again, I could be biased since she reminds me so much of my sister and since the song she sang last night is one of my all-time favourite songs

Chanel: She's coming back again, I think. Not the best of her performances, with regards to her vocals, but she definitely engaged the audience. Hopefully she doesn't get voted out and can deliver an even better performance next week.

Courtney: He's got a great voice, I give him that. But, for some reason, I don't get that sort of goosebump feeling you get when you hear a fantabulouspectacular singer. I know people (well, just you, Burntcrow) might disagree with me on that, but it's just a personal feeling. Feel free to disagree!

Hayley: I really feel like she's back to delivering great performances like "Angel" in the preliminary rounds. I thought she was awesome and would be really disappointed if she's voted off tonight.

Marty: Not a wow performance, but he does seem to be loosening up. I don't like his smile, although I know that's not his fault.
    "You get what anyone gets - you get a lifetime."

Quote Originally Posted by Death
    Anthony: Not as great as 2 weeks ago, but definitely better than last week's Beatles gig. I have a feeling he might win, purely because of his somewhat good looks, cute smile and somewhat ok voice.
    Sadly I can't disagree with you. He looks like the winner at this point.

Casey: She was pretty amazing last night. But then again, I could be biased since she reminds me so much of my sister and since the song she sang last night is one of my all-time favourite songs
    I thought she was the best Sunday night as well. Hopefully being in the bottom 2 this week will keep her in a few more weeks.

Courtney: He's got a great voice, I give him that. But, for some reason, I don't get that sort of goosebump feeling you get when you hear a fantabulouspectacular singer. I know people (well, just you, Burntcrow) might disagree with me on that, but it's just a personal feeling. Feel free to disagree!
    Oh I don't disagree at all. He has a good voice, but it is getting boring now. Sad he still has a shot at the final and Ricki and Daniel do not.

New preferences: (they seem to change every week)
    1. Casey
    2. Haley
    3. Chanel
    4. Anthony
    5. Courtney

25/10 Show

Chanel: Hmmm, the judges weren't pleased. Well it wasn't her best performance and she's definitely capable of much better. Hopefully, Australia doesn't give her the boot, I'd still like her to come back on Sunday.

Anthony: He's sorta growing on me now. However, I still think it's unfair that he's the most likely winner at this point just because of his 'looks'. I do admit his voice seems to be getting better though (although none of his performances have matched 'the prayer').

Casey: Can I just saw "wowza"! She's definitely my favourite at this point in time and I've voted for her. I'd be very disappointed if she is voted out tonight.

Courtney: Once again, I stick by what I said last week. I just don't seem to connect with him, although I think a lot of others do (since he has yet to be in the bottom three).

Hayley: I liked her performance, although it wasn't her best. She looks amazing on stage and I think she'll go far, even if she doesn't win Idol. Her hair's great *swoon*

Well, Chanel is out.
    Bottom 3: Hayley,Courtney, Chanel

At this point if Casey is not in the finale I will be a bit upset. I am very happy that Hayley has made it this far, and am glad Australia is sticking it to mark!

Courtney and Anthony neeed to go....but I doubt it will happen.

Preferences
    1. Casey
    2. Hayley (hayley in the top four! Who woulda thunk it?)
    3. Anthony (Come on Australia, pull a Ricki and boot him! )
    4. Courtney

Hayley is out.

leaving Casey, anthony and courtney as the final three. Casey is my only favorite remaining...*crosses fingers*

Casey's my favourite too and I'll be voting for her, although it might be somewhat of a lost cause *crosses fingers too*

Wow 3 touchdowns in a night!
    I desperately want Casey to win, she's grown on me so much. Courtney still doesn't really do it for me and Anthony's sorta ok.
    It seems pretty certain though that the final 2 will be Courtney and Anthony. I don't think Australia's ready for a female idol just yet...what a pity.

Woohoo! Casey ad Anthony Final two! Go Casey!

If I was in Australia I would be voting for Anthony.

I have been listening to the MP3's throughout the show and this is the first time I saw this thread.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast