+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marcia Brady Declined 'The Surreal Life'

Marcia Brady Declined 'The Surreal Life'

Marcia Brady Declined 'The Surreal Life'
    Thu, Jan 9, 2003 00:09 AM PDT

by Brill Bundy
    Zap2it, TV News

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Living with five fictional siblings, two parents, a dog and a maid was apparently enough togetherness for Maureen McCormick, who played eldest daughter Marcia on the '70s sitcom "The Brady Bunch." When approached to take up residence on The WB's "The Surreal Life," where former celebrities live together for 10 days, she politely declined.

"I didn't want to do it. I just thought, 'How bizarre.'" she says. "I mean,I don't want to be filmed 24 hours a day in that kind of situation."

Even though she isn't keen on participating in some of the more outre concepts, McCormick doesn't have anything against the reality genre per se. In fact, along with two other sitcom graduates -- Dave Coulier ("Full House") and David Faustino ("Married... with Children") -- she's judging one for ABC Family.

"My Life Is a Sitcom," premiering Monday, Jan. 20 at 8 p.m. ET, follows a nationwide search to find a real family that has what it takes to merit a sitcom based on their actual lives. The series culminates its 10-episode run with the finished product -- a half hour comedy starring the winners.

Faustino, for his part, easily owns up to his reality show past, including an appearance on FOX's "Celebrity Boot Camp" (another one offered to and rejected by McCormick).

"I kicked ass, too," he happily brags.

To be fair, although Faustino did make it to the final four, he was quickly disqualified when he was the first to drop to the ground during a competition to see who could dangle from a bar the longest.

Damn, now we miss out on hearing the line "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!" again.

It was good to hear what Bud Bundy has been up to also.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

To be fair, although Faustino did make it to the final four, he was quickly disqualified when he was the first to drop to the ground during a competition to see who could dangle from a bar the longest.
    and you can read all about it in my lame recap of the show

so, they are looking for a family to base a sitcom on... how bizzare.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

They should have put the six actors/actresses who played the Brady kids together for "The Surreal Life"...

+ Reply to Thread