+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Doug Wilson to host new show.

Doug Wilson to host new show.

From the Trading Spaces site:

Moving to a New Home?

Does your new home have a shocking style that you need to change right away? Or are you leaving a home that's been decorated with your own one-of-a kind style? Live in or near Boston, Providence, New London, NYC, Philadelphia, Wilmington, Baltimore or D.C.? Then TLC wants you for Doug Wilson's new show on moving and redecorating.

Doug Wilson will be following families as they move and redecorate their new homes. We will not be doing the makeover for you, but documenting what you do to make your new house a home. Then after a few months we will ask the former home owners back to see what they make of the changes.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    From the Trading Spaces site:
    Sounds kind of similar to Homes Under the Hammer or House Hunters, but without the house purchasing part. They always go back to see what the Homeowner has done with the property. I like how Homes Under the Hammer brings in a real estate appraiser to value the home after the changes.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I think I would like this show a whole lot if Doug didn't have anything to do with it.
    I've really come to dislike him on TS.

I agree with fluff. I know Doug has training in interior design, but he doesn't realize that others may have good ideas and a background in room design, too. He shows immaturity and self-centeredness with his withdrawal techniques and pouting. People want to watch TS for fun, laughs and enjoyment. When Doug pulls his balking, it isn't fun for anyone. There are plenty of other good designers on there with superb people skills!

I don't like Doug AT ALL!! He's done some of the most horrendous rooms ever on TS! The "prisoner of love" bedroom immediately comes to mind... He also did a room to look like a movie theater once... I've just lost all respect for him, since it seems like he really doesn't care what the homeowners would like. He just wants the attention to be on HIM. Boo Doug! I won't watch any show that he's on.

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    I have no desire or interest to watch his show. I have never liked his rooms/designs - they are way out of my league. However, he is definitely unique and "creative". Vern's show will no doubt be better than Doug's.
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will."

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Well, Doug is only acting as host in this show, not diva decorator. Doug's snarkiness is pretty much an act. This should be pretty good.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by ethereal
    I agree with fluff. I know Doug has training in interior design, but he doesn't realize that others may have good ideas and a background in room design, too. He shows immaturity and self-centeredness with his withdrawal techniques and pouting. People want to watch TS for fun, laughs and enjoyment. When Doug pulls his balking, it isn't fun for anyone. There are plenty of other good designers on there with superb people skills!
    I agree.
    I used to like him, but then he became very divaish.
    I get the impression he is actually a pretty nice guy and that his bratty behaviour is an act, which annoys me more than if he was actually like that.
    I love the look of Venetian plaster, but it's not for everyone and he insists on dpoing that wall treatment so often that I find it annoying, which is rather irrational of me.
    I just think that as it takes a fair bit of work to bring the walls back to smooth if you don't like it he should steer away from doing it so often.
    I know that's the risk you take when you go on TS, but I hate it when the designers do things that take more than 2 days or $1000 to correct.

+ Reply to Thread