+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Over L.A. (NBC)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    "Superman" is a male friend of hers, but I don't think he is a boyfriend. I loved it today when Iyanla called Deborah down today. Somebody had to take her on, somebody who was not on her level. Deborah is in such turmoil that she can't even see it. I know it is rough for her housemates. They may have to 'kill her with kindness'. But she is soooooooooooooo prickly!!! Poor thing! She has communication problems. She communicates, and everybody's nerves are on end.

I sure would like to see Chloe's father, because that baby looks like Jonathan!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love this show! I was quite surprised to hear Jonathan was not the father of Josie's baby. She didn't say whether the father is active in Chloe's life, did she? I thought Rhonda and Iyanla were wonderful with Deborah today. I am also more convinced than ever that Towanda has had a sex change operation, or will have shortly. When I mentioned this a few days ago, it seemed like a possibility, now I feel it is a certainty.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fan
    Poor Deborah. I feel for her, I really do. No denying (pardon the pun) that she needs an adjustment on how she presents herself and interacts with the others. But I think her behavior is coming from a place of desperation and neediness. As much as it hurts, I think she needs to be in that house, getting the counseling she's getting from Iyanla and even -- gag me -- from Rhonda.

I have no doubt that the producers selected Deborah for this show because they knew she was ratings gold. And they were right. But she also is hurting. I wish her luck in her SO journey.

Gol durn it I tuned in for the second season eager for a snarkfest. But what I discovered instead is a seemingly real commitment to help women with the issues that are holding them back. In other words, they're doing an actual show with an actual goal of helping.

Whaddya know!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I love this show! I was quite surprised to hear Jonathan was not the father of Josie's baby. She didn't say whether the father is active in Chloe's life, did she? I thought Rhonda and Iyanla were wonderful with Deborah today. I am also more convinced than ever that Towanda has had a sex change operation, or will have shortly. When I mentioned this a few days ago, it seemed like a possibility, now I feel it is a certainty.

Josie didn't say anything about the baby's father being an active part in her life.

Bless Deborah's heart....she needs someone who won't back down/shut down in dealing with her. I think she's met her match with Iyanla. Rhonda is taking the softer approach. Deborah has deep seated issues. She's made references to her fundamentalist family background a couple of times, and then there is the loss of her husband. I think this family thing is at the root of a lot of things with her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I love this show! I was quite surprised to hear Jonathan was not the father of Josie's baby. She didn't say whether the father is active in Chloe's life, did she?
    Every kid deserves two parents, but thankfully the father isn't Jonathan. He treated Josie terribly, kicking her out of his house when she was pregnant, forcing her to live in her car. During the last season, he came across as creepy, manipulative and astonishingly self-centered. Josie lost a lot of the housemates' respect when she went back to him. He was uniformly loathed.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by azsk8fan
    I think Towanda's secret is that she used to be a man.......would explain why they gave him/her a room alone........I don't think it would be fair to expect the women in the house to share a room with Towanda if he/she used to be a guy - even if he/she had the surgery performed to remove male parts.... I would still consider her/him a guy and wouldn't want to share a room....... If it turns out that I'm wrong then I apologize to Towanda but he/she looks too much like a male trying to look female IMHO.
    You are too funny--a man really? I do not think so. I think she has big problems dealilng with her family/relatives. If Towanda (a female name) is a he/she, we need a Men Starting Over house!

I really hope Deborah will stay in the house, I think she needs a lot of help. I'm afraid that if she walks out, she'll look at herself as a "hopeless case", get even more depressed as she hasn't gotten any of her inner most sacred feelings out in the open and who knows, maybe possibly suicidal. I'm glad the Iyanla called her out today and perhaps after having that fit, Deborah can look back after she's relaxing again & start reflecting over things that people are telling her.... even "Superman" was agreeing with Sinae & basically telling Deborah the same things.

I guess we'll find out about Towanda tomorrow, I'm very curious to find out about her, she's very mysterious.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Hooray for Jonathan not being the father!! Now, maybe Josie will move in a more positive direction for herself and her daughter. Maybe she will think more of herself and she will realize that she doesn't have to settle for a loser like Jonathan.

Deborah just really wants to tell her story. I just wonder if they are making her wait for a reason.....you know, like break her down to build her back up.

I loved that 'Superman' wasn't cutting her any slack, and agreeing with her self-pity. I still think her main problem is with her upbringing. Losing the spouse had to be difficult, but the main problem was already there. IMHO.........

Towanda is NOT a man.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    Hooray for Jonathan not being the father!! Now, maybe Josie will move in a more positive direction for herself and her daughter. Maybe she will think more of herself and she will realize that she doesn't have to settle for a loser like Jonathan.

Deborah just really wants to tell her story. I just wonder if they are making her wait for a reason.....you know, like break her down to build her back up.

I loved that 'Superman' wasn't cutting her any slack, and agreeing with her self-pity. I still think her main problem is with her upbringing. Losing the spouse had to be difficult, but the main problem was already there. IMHO.........

Towanda is NOT a man.
    I agree about Jonathan not being the father. He was such a manipulative, controlling person, it's a relief to have him out of the picture. I wonder, though, if Chloe's birthfather is active in their lives. Josie said he was an old friend of her's, so I'm hoping he is involved.

I am positive they are making Deborah wait to have her 'plasma moment' as part of her therapy. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they made her wait until last.

Lastly, I believe Towanda IS/WAS a man. If not, I will eat my words. Hopefully we will find out today?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Lots of new photos of the ladies!

More here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v485/realitytvfan

+ Reply to Thread