+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Over L.A. (NBC)

And if she's legally blind, WHY does she have a driver's license? Yikes!
    I think she became legally blind a few months ago for some reason, she must have gotten her license at 16 before she went blind.

I am disappointed to hear all the psyco-babble from the new Life Coach, she's quite a bit different then Rona was. I know I need to give it a chance, but I hope it doesn't end up like all the other shows because it was so good before.
    I'll miss Rona too, I really liked her & thought her & Rhonda made a real good team... Jury is still out on the new couch & it'll be interesting to see where that guy therapist is gonna fit in the picture.

I wonder if Deborah has been alone for too long & forgotten her manners & how to behave around & concern herselves about other people..... If she came there to isolate herself from everyone else, why is she there... I don't know but I THINK the socialization is kind of part of the therapy?

Will be interesting to watch the different personas cooperate and work together to help each other....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I watched the first show today. Why the heck was Amy there to greet the house guests. Can't remember in Season one how they handled it..but wasn't the Rana and Rhonda there? Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this will unfold.
    "Build a bridge...and get over it"

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    Towanda: She kinda look-a like-a man. She scares me a little, but I'm sure she's a very nice lady.

Josie: I read spoiler info on the "baby-daddy" but who knows who to believe. I'll believe it when I hear it come straight from Josie. Chloe is just gorgeous! Josie looks amazing, too. I turned my head for a second and missed which girl was saying she didn't agree with the way Josie was raising Chloe. Anybody know who that was? Thanks.

Good to see Rhonda again. I always liked her. But Auntie Iyanla, I think I love you! She's very soothing to me, very pleasant to look at, and seems very confident in her words.

The house is just amazing, isn't it?! It's a little smaller than the Chicago one, it seems. Maybe it's just the camera angles, but it just feels tighter. Love the view! Love the decor, as I did the last show, too. It's gonna be a great season, gals! Can't wait to hear everybody's opinions on the first show!
    Wow, when I saw your comment about Towanda I was amazed, because my first thought was that she had had a sex change -- honestly. Then I wondered if they would actually have someone in the house like that -- seems a little too daring for SO. But I couldn't believe it when you said that.

I believe it was Jennifer who commented about Josie and Chloe.

I love Rhonda. She is always so insightful and sharp -- she gets to the heart of things so quickly and has a great knack for making these ladies face their issues. I love her. Can't wait to see what she does with Kim and Deborah. Gad, these two people are so obnoxious -- I've never understood people whose personalities come off so strongly, so early. Seems terribly selfish to me. I think Rhonda and Iyanla will make a good team, I've read some of her books and I like her style, too.

Actually, I thought the house looked much bigger than the Chicago house -- maybe it's just me.

Let the games begin......

Oh, and Magpie -- I agree. I love Amy, but what was she doing there? I never saw the first episode in the first season, so I don't know how it was handled before, but I thought the whole Amy thing was bizarre, and I love her.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

There's more than fiction Honeyspur's Avatar
    Welcome back folks to another season of Starting Over!

Here I am watching the second episode and I think Sinae is my favorite, but I am rooting for all the ladies. Even Deb.
    Yesterday, when she said, "there's always a leadER and a leadEE - I just have to learn to be a leadEE" it was then I realized there is hope for this woman no matter how much she drives people crazy.
    Also, realizing that even arguing with someone means she wants attention - it's makes you realize that her attitude is coming from somewhere other than a cruel and evil heart. (A little SELFISH, yes....)

I never saw the season with Josie, so getting her catch up story is great. I hope I get the opportunity to see that season.

Yeah - I must say Kim drives me bonkers. But I love the fact she got stuck in a room with someone selfish and overbearing. Making two people like that wake up next to each other every day really drives a point home.

Can't wait till tomorrow to see the "big answer" !
    Last edited by Honeyspur; 09-14-2004 at 11:12 AM. Reason: change sentance structure

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyspur
    Yeah - I must say Kim drives me bonkers. But I love the fact she got stuck in a room with someone selfish and overbearing. Making two people like that wake up next to each other every day really drives a point home.
    Beautifully worded. Those life coaches know their stuff, don't they?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I am so excited for this new season. The premiere episode was great. Josie is definitely one of my fave houseguests of all time and I'm glad to see her back. That baby looks EXACTLY like Jonathan. A few of the women annoy me but maybe that will change as the season progresses.

I think it may have been easier on the SO women if the LCs would have gotten to know them a little better before having the ladies reveal their inner most feelings and problems to the everyone at the SO house. I know that's the idea of the house but it would really be difficult to say what you were there for without first having introduced yourselves. Like Jennifer was put in a position of saying, Hi, I'm Jennifer and my mother has MS, my father is in jail and I don't like my siblings either. Perhaps the editing made it look like that but I hope it gets to be more like the Chicago show we loved to watch soon.

I think the baby looks exactly like Jonathan and if she is not then I wonder about the validity of DNA testing.

This group is interesting so far, although it's surprising to see so many really young women.
    Maybe it's to grab that demographic. I'm so glad Aylana is involved. Rana was great, but she was in over her head with some of the more dominant personalities. Aylana was strong with Kim without ever seeming overbearing.
    I was actually disappointed to see Josie return. Even though she needs the counseling more than anyone, she doesn't seem to really absorb much. She may be the type who will forever be reacting to events in her life, without ever acknowledging that she created them. I'd love to see her reach an epiphany, but I doubt it will happen.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fan
    I think Towanda's secret is that she used to be a man.......would explain why they gave him/her a room alone........I don't think it would be fair to expect the women in the house to share a room with Towanda if he/she used to be a guy - even if he/she had the surgery performed to remove male parts.... I would still consider her/him a guy and wouldn't want to share a room....... If it turns out that I'm wrong then I apologize to Towanda but he/she looks too much like a male trying to look female IMHO.

That would definitely be a very interesting twist & it would be fun to see how everyone would react to it....

I'm loving the season so far, yeah I know it's only been 2 days but I'm into it. Sinae is my favorite, she's very insightful & very brave really, I like her ways of thinking. Felt bad about her little tiff with DebORah today, she was right on the ball with her... I hope Deborah will be able to stay in the house because as much as a nuicanse she is, she obviously really could use the help (if she'll listen to the lifecoaches that is, when they will probably tell her the exact same thing Sinae was trying to tell her today....). And who is this "superman" she keeps talking to on the phone, sounds like he's putting up with a lot lol, he may need a Starting Over house himself
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread