+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Over L.A. (NBC)

Sinae is her name. I have a friend who has Macular Degeneration and is now legally blind. She is going to a school in San Francisco where you live on campus for 6 months, learning the skills needed to live independently. I think Sinae would benefit greatly from something like that rather then the SO house.

I am so dissapointed I have to tape the first show, going to be out of town....that VCR better work right!

Leah???

I just finished visiting the Official Starting Over site and the page 'Where are they now' has been changed showing only Josie and Leah....which makes me think that Leah may be the one returning as announced in the Promo last Friday that a previous member from last season would be returning.

yeah I'm kind of curious who will return....altho it's fun to see someone from the past I was sorta hoping that they wouldn't have to return....just because that would mean they're doing OK with their new life. We'll see tho....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie1950
    I thought Chloe looked like Jonathan also....but, I am certain he isn't the father from reading the show guide for next week.

They probably moved to LA because of the weather. They were stuck inside so much in Chicago. I was thinking what kind of life it must be for like Rhonda, to be uprooted. Does she have a family? I was so surprised to hear her story about her father killing her mother then commiting suicide when she was 14 and I guess she witnessed it.
    I also thought Chloe looked exactly like Jonathan...it sounds like we find out tomorrow? I knew about Rhonda's parents from reading somewhere about her background. At some point later in life she started drinking pretty heavily and was even arrested, before she took control of her life. I think that's probably how she became interested in helping other women "start over".

There are some strong personalities in this new house, it looks like it will be quite troublesome at times.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Looks like there are a couple of divas in the house this time, and I'm not surprise that they both ended up in the smallest room of the house.... lol It'll be an interesting season for sure, wonder if Deborah is going to last in the house.... She seems to have this loud obnoxious shell around her to avoid dealing with what's going on inside of her.

Despite her ice queen facade, I like Kim, I think she just needs some guidance.... Interesting start, will be fun to watch the girls' development.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Oh my gosh I can't believe how irritating Deborah is to the other women. She would drive me nuts too. I think their bedroom is way too small for two people as well. In Chicago I recall Andy (Nyanza to Lori and back) changing rooms twice. So there must be new rules in Ca too.

I am disappointed to hear all the psyco-babble from the new Life Coach, she's quite a bit different then Rona was. I know I need to give it a chance, but I hope it doesn't end up like all the other shows because it was so good before.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    You know, it's not always winter time in Chicago. I just wonder why they had to shoot during the times when the weather was the worst. Chicago has a lot to offer on the social scene. Oh well,...... whatever.........

SHHHHHH! Don't tell everyone that. They'll all want to move here!

Hi My Schmoopies!

Gosh, I had so much fun watching this season opener today! I kept trying to pop on here to get out a few thoughts while they were still hot, but the board was down.

Where to start? Eeeeee!!! This was SUCH A GOOD ONE TODAY! I'm positively giddy! I think the new group of ladies will be SOOO interesting and entertaining!

First impressions ...

Kim: I want to like her. I do! But where do I start with my list of reasons she annoyed the hell outta me today? First off, her tantrum about the bedroom (which sure, it sucked having such a small room, but I knew immediately it must be some test for her, given her pampered lifestyle and not being happy with what she has ... I mean, wouldn't you just feel privileged to be invited into the house? I know I sure would. Why pick it apart? It's amazing! Bite the bullet, scale down your clothing, be happy with what you've been blessed with and shut up!) was very telling and she showed some pretty ugly personality traits regarding that. Her flashy Channel outfit (er whatever ... like I would know?) was a bit pretentious, along with her Louie Vuitton bag. *ducking from the Jimmy Choo shoes being hurled at my head by our more fortunate members here* Please don't get me wrong. Me? Envious of excessive wealth? Hell yeah! Jealous of Kim? No freakin' way! I'm eager to hear more about her life goal. She's a pampered princess, and I have a few relatives who are exactly like it; can't relate to them at all, cuz they're very detached from the norm. I liked how she got emotional when Jen was talking, though. Maybe she's got heart somewhere underneath the foo-foo feathers (and sqooshie boobies).

De-BOR-ah (WHat's thAT aBOUT, anyWAY?) I feel a little bad for her. Yes, she's very annoying and obnoxious. She's crude and gross. But I really don't think she realizes it, and I think the gals were too rough on her, being that it's the first day and all. I hope she sticks with it. (And wow! What big ta-tas! They jiggle when she talks and it just cracks me up!)

Jennifer: Hmm, don't understand that one yet. She seems very cute and willing to work on her goal. She's very young.

Sinae: Poor little thing. She's seems sweet and also very young (18?) I feel for her and hope she does well. She's a little giggly, though. "You wanna buy alcohol? *gasp* Tee-hee-hee!" I'm sure that's just part of her being young. And if she's legally blind, WHY does she have a driver's license? Yikes!

Towanda: She kinda look-a like-a man. She scares me a little, but I'm sure she's a very nice lady. So have we come to the conclusion she's the sister of Toni Braxton? Another sister "living in the shadow ... of someone else's dream ..." ala Ashlee Simpson. No, seriously, she seems like a very beautiful, elegant lady.

Josie: Ya know what's weird? When they showed her at the airport and the guy held up the sign that said "Josie" I got all choked up and teary-eyed. What's that about? It's like my girlfriend's coming to visit after a long time apart. I'm really, really excited about her being in the house! I read spoiler info on the "baby-daddy" but who knows who to believe. I'll believe it when I hear it come straight from Josie. Chloe is just gorgeous! Josie looks amazing, too. I turned my head for a second and missed which girl was saying she didn't agree with the way Josie was raising Chloe. Anybody know who that was? Thanks.

Good to see Rhonda again. I always liked her. But Auntie Iyanla, I think I love you! She's very soothing to me, very pleasant to look at, and seems very confident in her words.

The house is just amazing, isn't it?! It's a little smaller than the Chicago one, it seems. Maybe it's just the camera angles, but it just feels tighter. Love the view! Love the decor, as I did the last show, too. It's gonna be a great season, gals! Can't wait to hear everybody's opinions on the first show!

Sorry for all my blabbing. Okay, our FORT SO gang ... Who's next?
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Leah never did graduate. She wanted to "Live out Loud" on her own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie1950
    I just finished visiting the Official Starting Over site and the page 'Where are they now' has been changed showing only Josie and Leah....which makes me think that Leah may be the one returning as announced in the Promo last Friday that a previous member from last season would be returning.

If anyone else remembers from last season, Rain always said Jossie's baby looks black. I do not think Chloe looks black and feel we can eliminate that possible father.

+ Reply to Thread