+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Player" Episode 1 Discussion

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ok.. I went and looked at the picture for the names..thank God there's a numbered picture for me. Lemme retype that sentence..

Next week, Ananda is all OVER Acie (I think it was him), then Dawn gets bent!
    Last edited by Maveno; 08-19-2004 at 04:24 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    "blackcent". New word for me.. I love it.

Next week, whatshername is all OVER whatshisname, then whatshername gets bent!

Does that make sense to anyone?

It makes about as much sense as this show makes

I really wish we could have heard Marvin's "rebuttal", I'm sure that would have been some prime TV. Oh well I guess I'll have to live with shots of JJ hitting himself in the neck over and over.

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you can’t make it on your own

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Ok.. I went and looked at the picture for the names..thank God there's a numbered picture for me. Lemme retype that sentence..

Next week, Ananda is all OVER Acie (I think it was him), then Dawn gets bent!
    I thought it was Ben, I remember thinking "I don't blame her".

heh heh heh
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    You're probably right Amanda, as you can see..names are my downfall! If remembering names was a course in High School, I'd of failed that class.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

BTW how come they went grocery shopping in that white delivery van? what happen to Marvin's Escalade?? JJ's Range Rover??? or Ben's Lamborghini

You're probably right Amanda, as you can see..names are my downfall! If remembering names was a course in High School, I'd of failed that class.
    well Ben is white and Acie is black so that should be a big help in deciding who it was.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

I feel better knowing I’m not the only one watching this. As a 24 year old guy living in a large metropolitan city, I find this show more reflective of the dating scene than shows like The Bachelor/FLOM which have become a vehicle for wannabe actors/models pretending to be ready to settle down to get their 15 minutes. So the guys are horny, immature, and seriously delusional if they think they are true “players”, but that pretty much sums up the majority of my age group. Certainly more accurate than the slick, suave so-called romantics just “looking for love” that dominate the casting on the other shows.

I would’ve liked to see this concept with a Hollywood Barbie type bachelorette. Interracial dating is obviously a non-issue for Dawn. But put one of those pristine, pick-a-blonde types like Jessica or Tara from The Bachelor in the role of the bachelorette, and see how she adapts to interracial dating. Which was what I was expecting when I tuned in, but now that the idea is floating out there, I'm sure Fox or NBC will steal it in no time.

I think the player operator is Bill Bellamy with a Boston Rob voice decoder. It’s scary how often the “players” quote lines from How to be a Player. “A true player never reveals himself” J.J. is such a dork!

Bill Bellamy eh? I didn't think of that.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I don't think it's rob either...and maveno and closers av's make me wanna go burberry shopping!

I think this show rocks...and so do da playa's
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

+ Reply to Thread