+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Player" Episode 1 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    i'm catching the replay of the first episode...
    we've only heard a voice- but it sounds like Rob Mariano could be the "Player Operator"?

that's what 2nd place on Survivor gets you- a voice only job on a UPN show??
    I think its Boston Rob as well.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    You know, it's weird hearing this girl say "don't hate the player hate the game", and all this stuff about being a player and keeping your game tight or whatever. I wonder if she even knows wtf she's talking about. But if the point of the show is to end up with a "player" knowing how one is supposed to be like then this show is going know where.

Ok, I admit it, I am very confused about what exactly is going on in this show.

She sends a guy home for being nice, but "her girls" have to call an emergency playa summit because some of the guys in the house say she's getting played. She likes making people feel comfortable at the Player Mansion, but that's just her game. I assume this is ultimately going to come down to her picking the best player? Or is it the guy she likes best? both? Am I just too white to watch this show?! Bueller?

Umm I'm starting to like the show. I like the cheesy dating shows and it's kinda nice to see one that isn't full of frat daddies and football players with huge heads.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaFabulous
    meh...I didn't think Jason looked all that good. I would have kicked him too...him trying to one up Marvin was just plain stupid. Have some originality boys. :rolleyes

Agreed that Chyno seems to be Dawn's favorite.
    I thought Jason would have looked a lot better to me if he didn't have such a bland personalityand style... too much of the Young Professional aura for me. I think he was a poor fit for this show from the beginning, as he would be better in bachelor, FLOM or some such. Amanda I agree with you about Ben , and I think JJ's personality is cute too even if he does sound like a freakin' idiot when he talks!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    Am I just too white to watch this show?! Bueller?
    speaking of too white, all the cuts have been white dudes (put Federico in the mix for sake of argument) and the two players making progress is black (Chyno & JJ )

Black guys have more game.

I like watching this show. My family and I think it's hysterically funny. But I don't like most of the 'players' on here. I do like Ben though. I also don't like the cocky lawyer guy or the guy who wouldn't take out the trash. But I also hate when the model(can't think of her name at the moment) says 'don't hate the playa hate the game'. Ugh and ick.
    Breast Cancer Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by honey69
    ...the guy who wouldn't take out the trash.
    you mean Byron, he also did a comedy bit during his 45 second freestyle (1st eppy) dissing dumb 'air-head' girls , and yet we keep seeing him in future previews so he makes it pretty far in the competition...i guess he got game (so guys, hot women like it when you don't take out the trash )

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ok. I searched out this thread just to say, that I heard Boston Rob on the show!!! Of course, all of us die-hard reality show lovers would have caught THAT obvious accent.

Anywho.. last night was the first time I caught this. I wasn't planning on watching, but to be totally honest...this show is so damned funny, I think I HAVE to watch!!

The "lingo" and "ebonics" that they're using is so annoying!! I was wondering what this girl's (any of'm) parents were thinking while watching this.. "Umm..honey, why is our daughter talking as if she is in a gang???"
    I did like how they pulled over the hummer-o (hummer+limo) and had whatshisname get out in his robe and shoes.

How embarrassing, but I think I'll be tuning in again. *RTVA meeting coming soon for me.

*Reality TV Anonymous
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Here's my eppy 2 - "Who got game?"

- the girls were choosing '3 on 3' teams with players who haven't won a comp ...for a chance with Dawn, then somehow JJ got picked and messed up Jason's date (Jason was weak but scribiling "JJ" on the desert plate was punk)

- Acie was pretty funny in the 3 on 3, he came off normal without the trucker hat/jacket combo...but no chemistry with Dawn

- Marvin's slam dunk LAY UP was WEAK followed by a kiss-up to WEAK... buying flowers is weak, Marvin and Jason shoulda been axed together

- Eian's 'caught on tape' moment (grabbing Ananda's butt) we see Alex in the bed, i guess he made it to the slumber party AND made breakfast

- missed Federico, i like to see him in the slam dunk contest, remember his 45 sec freestyle? he break danced and cannonballed in the pool

- eppy 2 was titled "I've been know to break up relationships" said by JJ refering to Chyno's tightness with Dawn...i hope they fight

Premium Member
    Oh come on Maveno, after living through Superstar USA and Marry My Dad, you can't pass this one by.

I am very excited about tonight's episode. I can't wait to see how the guys who lose the swimsuit competition are going to go home and make dinner for someone who's out on a "multi-million dollar yacht" (?).

The guys strut their stuff while walking the runway at the ultimate player pageant, culminating with a revealing bathing suit competition. While the winners get a date with Dawn on a multi-million dollar yacht in Biscayne Bay, the losers are sent home to make a special dinner for Dawn and her dates, but one player slips up and Dawn gives him the ax without warning.

Oh look a poll . Wow, Chyno's winning by a landslide right now.
    Last edited by geekgirl; 08-18-2004 at 07:07 PM.

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    Oh come on Maveno, after living through Superstar USA and Marry My Dad, you can't pass this one by.
    It's embarrassing, huh geekgirl??
    I really am serious when asking this... when, or actually WHAT would be THEE actual lowest show of all reality that I wouldn't watch?

Ok. Fine. I'll watch. :rolleyes

ETA: geekgirl...I think it's a LOT more embarrassing for you my dear.. I just noticed that you "edited" your previous post, JUST to add a poll about some dude on this show. For shame!!Hang your head!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread