+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Player" Episode 1 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    I might watch it. again. :phhht
    well I saw the 1st eppy encore and I already miss Fritz, he's got spunk, maybe a little rough around the edges (nerves?) but a work in progress. Marvin and Ben (especially Ben) are way too laid back for the Miami crowd, Ben needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    A gay town?

I didn't get any gaydar alarms off anyone on the show (and I think mine is pretty fine tuned. ). But who knows, maybe it'll start going off in future eps if J.J. doesn't get eliminated....which I'm kinda hoping is soon.
    Geekgirl, you're from the same place I am...lots of gays and lots of white boys who wannabe black. I' d say JJ is a pretty typical example of the latter, and my gaydar usually is pretty accurate too. I don't think JJ is going anywhere anytime soon, I think Dawn finds him funny, plus I got the impression she likes having a big old boy that can pick her up and carry her around like that! Besides, haven't you noticed that Dawn and Janelle(??..the blonde 'girl') also seem to be trying to sound African American or Latina or...something besides the white girls they are? So maybe they think it's cool that JJ does it too
    Yeah, I know, I said I wasn't going to watch but I was already taping "Amish" on Wednesday night, might as well add this one on!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Dawn is Cuban...I think Janelle is just white but she tries to sound like Dawn.

Anyway, JJ is my favorite personality wise....Ben is the cutest.

Alex :phhht How'd he get there and why is he STILL there?
    How funny was he playing bball in those shoes?
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaFabulous

I like the fact Alex made no excuses and still played in his outfit and he made breadfast for everyone, how sweet, but didn't seem to score points

JJ, umm the fact he gets so much screen time is more of a tribute towards dawn's bored lifestyle, she's admits she wishes to have JJ's spontaneity but she's not giving JJ access like Chyno (in bed ) I think JJ is in the 'friend zone' cos he's just physically unappealing with a big but, heavy drinking... does he have game when his sober??

I'm not surprised that Jason got sudden deathed but...

... is anyone surprised that someone as good looking as Jason would scrambled and lie to 'save face'. I mean in real life he probably gets 'green lights' from girls all the time, I'm confused

and I don't think Dawn's impressed with Marvin's 'implied' first class lifestyle...buying her pricey flowers... if Marvin makes it to the finals, he'll be broke

so far Chyno's in the lead...and Eian is too touchy feely (only works on unattractive girls)

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by closereveryday
    ... is anyone surprised that someone as good looking as Jason would scrambled and lie to 'save face'. I mean in real life he probably gets 'green lights' from girls all the time, I'm confused
    meh...I didn't think Jason looked all that good. I would have kicked him too...him trying to one up Marvin was just plain stupid. Have some originality boys. :rolleyes

Agreed that Chyno seems to be Dawn's favorite.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

You know, it's weird hearing this girl say "don't hate the player hate the game", and all this stuff about being a player and keeping your game tight or whatever. I wonder if she even knows wtf she's talking about. But if the point of the show is to end up with a "player" knowing how one is supposed to be like then this show is going know where.

That guy that totally felt up one of her friends should've been kicked out. But im at least sufficed that the other guy left, frankly, he was too good for that show imo and deserved something better. He's very good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaFabulous

I think faux ghetto is what theyre trying to pull off, if it can be called that. I hate the way they sound.

UPN programming changes: it seems UPN reruns previous week's episodes on Tuesdays followed by a fresh Wednesday eppy, so anyone missing yesterday's eppy can see it next Tuesday Aug. 17th

BTW heres a Player conspiracy: one of the "challenge" winners (someone that 'wins' a date with Dawn) always seem to get cut... sounds like a date with Dawn is a death wish

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    But if the point of the show is to end up with a "player" knowing how one is supposed to be like then this show is going know where.
    yeah I was wondering what the 'prize' was but I think it's assume in the end with 2 players left, they would've met their match and leave their player ways and fall for each other...game over

+ Reply to Thread