+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Player" Episode 1 Discussion

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    I agree.....I also cracked up at the belief of some of these guys that they are god's gift to the female race. In particular: Alex (the skinny guy who's channeling Lyle Lovett), the guy that bought his jacket at Michael Jackson's yard sale, the blonde Jeff Spicoli surfer dude who has convinced himself that he's a different color...ahem...(yuck, that hair! specially in that hat!) and last but (in his mind) DEFinately not least, old Marvin the lawyer....could he BE any more Carlton from Fresh Prince? I'm sure there will be more of them to rag on later, but the rest kinda just melded into one homogenous self-important blob to me for now.
    Cake or Death?

Premium Member
    Alex is a total dud. He's not the least bit attractive and he lists his role model on the UPN bios as "himself".

Last edited by geekgirl; 08-05-2004 at 04:59 PM.

Premium Member
    AHAHAHA UPN has posted a guide to "street talk" for the show

http://www.upn.com/shows/player/players/lexicon.shtml

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    there's only one that I thought was really hot - don't know his name...white guy, dark hair.
    I'll try to catch his name next time.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    Alex is a total dud. He's not the least bit attractive and he lists his role model on the UPN bios as "himself".

yeah....bitch please.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    AHAHAHA UPN has posted a guide to "street talk" for the show

http://www.upn.com/shows/player/players/lexicon.shtml
    are you kidding me? Who the hell do they think is watching this grandma and grandpa? :rolleyes

LMAO @ the Guide to Street Talk! Even if Grandpa and Grandma ARE watching the show (I don't happen to be one, but am old enough) do they think we live in CAVES? It's not like I'm still using phrases like the "bee's knees" or "cows pajamas" or carrying an onion on my belt like Grandpa Simpson and I need to be updated to understand their incredibly trendy and hip show!
    Cake or Death?

Premium Member
    Can't....stop....reading

DONíT HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME CATCHPRASE. What you tell players who hate on you because your game is better than theirs and you got what they wanted and they didn't.

NECK CATCHPRASE, NOUN. What you say while hitting your neck when somebody is an idiot or clucker. (???)

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaFabulous
    are you kidding me? Who the hell do they think is watching this grandma and grandpa? :rolleyes
    OMG, how about 38 year old mothers? I've never heard any of this. I'm such a fogey. :phhht Just wait until my kids get older, then I'll get hip.

Yeah, see, that's where it helps to be somewhat older......then your kids are older and you've had some exposure to this crap....no, rap.......no, I was right the first time.......crap. lol
    Cake or Death?

+ Reply to Thread