+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: "The Player" Episode 1 Discussion

I think Bryan's the winner, he hasn't won a date yet he's still around (strong physical attraction with dawn or the girls) and he's very quiet... bryan probably has weak game but he's protected by editing...

meanwhile all the losers get mucho screen time right before they get cut

I just watched eppy 3 for the second time, my thoughts on

Acie - NO GAME
    Trever - NO GAME (goofy = shy)
    JJ - NO GAME and no chemistry
    Ben - PYSCHO, he's quiet in teh 1st eppy, now he's the roof jumpin' wild stripper with scary cowboy accent.
    Byron - PSYCHO, he's a woman hating PSYCHO and future wife beater
    Chyno and Byran are wildcards
    Alex - DIFFERENT GAME but no chemistry, suave but creepy

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Well, I'm 'somewhat older' and don't have any kids, but I understand the language here; then again they could have gotten half of the contestants for this from my workplace!
    I agree, this sounds like a Corporate Office making this stuff up.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I half expected Dawn to turn to "her girl", Ananda, and say Game Over, Player! Well, maybe next week!!!!

Hey, Donald Trump says when a person betrays you, cut them immediately!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-25-2004 at 11:01 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly
    I agree, this sounds like a Corporate Office making this stuff up.
    Nope...I don't work in an office, I think some of the playas (namely Dawn and her "gurlz)) are coached a little, but where I work this really is the way the city guys talk all the time. And after a while it's bound to happen; the middle aged white woman walks in, flops down and speaks..."Zup, dawg?"
    I for one don't blame Ananda; Dawn wasn't giving Ben the time of day anyway. If Dawn is letting her guys stray by laying up in the bubbles with Chyno every second day...then her game isn't all that smart either.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Exactly queenb. Given what we've seen on the edited version of the show even, she's TOTALLY giving Chyno way too much "special time" and basically alienating the others.
    I think she doesn't know how to be the "star" of a reality show, cause IMO...even if she IS only into Chyno, it's a game. Dawg needs go along with bein' a playa herself and stop thinkin' straight up dope on one jock is da way to play.. (howz dat ya'll?)

What did Ben say exactly, to get Dawn all pissed off? Anyone know?

I was agreeing with Ananda the whole time when she was bitching about Dawn. I think she's just tired of Dawn playing queen, and tired of just being one of the "girlz". The other "girl" seems to not mind being led around by strings.

I liked Ben... he said something like.."I'm tired of this".. in his speech for "why he should stay". I'm glad he said something off-handedly saying he's sick of cow-toe'ing to Dawn who basically is only into Chyno anyway.

This show kills me.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

poor Alex got cut for no reason, he not's right for Dawn but he's a nice guy with charm that could've rubbed off on others, meanwhile Trever is still in the game...WHY???

we need Federico and Alex back to replace Trever and Byron

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    ]What did Ben say exactly, to get Dawn all pissed off? Anyone know?

I think all he said was that one thing when they were sitting around the fire. Someone asked where Dawn was and I think Ben said "She's upstairs with Chino. Big surprise!" and he made a gagging face. Why this merited a big old tantrum, I do not know. Maybe she could have taken her bath after the party instead. :rolleyes

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Nope...I don't work in an office, I think some of the playas (namely Dawn and her "gurlz)) are coached a little, but where I work this really is the way the city guys talk all the time. And after a while it's bound to happen; the middle aged white woman walks in, flops down and speaks..."Zup, dawg?"

I'd imagine Dawn and "her girls" have been coached, considering some other articles I found.

http://sptimes.com/2004/08/15/Neighb...e_player.shtml
    Last December, she and her mother auditioned as a mother-daughter team for CBS' The Amazing Race. Olivieri said officials made it clear they did not want them for that show, but the casting staff for Survivor called Dawn to set up an audition. She emerged as a finalist and got the lead role in The Player.

"You know what? It's just the next step for me," Dawn said by telephone in a rental car en route to the airport and a flight to Los Angeles. "We are on our way to L.A. and, hopefully, we'll ride this wave.

http://www.respectmanagement.com/filmtv/
    Respect is pleased to announce that Kevon Glickman is representing up-and-coming actresses Jinelle Benitez, Dawn Olivieri and Ananda Torres, all of Miami Beach, who will be starring in UPN's hot new reality show The Player. Tune in to see who is the player and who gets played.

Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    I think all he said was that one thing when they were sitting around the fire. Someone asked where Dawn was and I think Ben said "She's upstairs with Chino. Big surprise!" and he made a gagging face. Why this merited a big old tantrum, I do not know. Maybe she could have taken her bath after the party instead. :rolleyes
    I heard that one, but there was something else he said..something about (I think) Chyno's [male organ].

All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Premium Member
    Oh yeah, you're right. Argh I can't remember what he said exactly.

+ Reply to Thread