+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Club (SpikeTV)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by candor

I haven't seen this episode yet, so my question may have already been answered.

I haven't gone clubbing since Donna Summer was still a tramp, so I'm confused over this attention to club DJs. I thought they just played records. What distinguishes one from another?

I think what distinguishes one from another is the order in which they play the dance tunes (totally NOT random!) and scratching ability. Oh, and how uber-cool they look holding up the headphones to one ear - that's what seals the deal.

After promising she would not get a jet for anything other than A list celebrities, Allison showed up at the club with American Idol reject Ryan Starr, a dude who played Donna's boyfriend on Beverly Hills 90210, and the guy who played the evil lawyer Lindsey on Angel. Neil should have kicked her butt when he saw what she thought of as A list celebrities.

Shhh, don't tell the Surreal Life producers. They'll be scoping out Ice for next season's has-beens.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

Premium Member
    Yup Allison really has loads of A-list celebrity friends eh. :rolleyes

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

snarky scenester
    This show has become just about unbearable at this point. It's ceased to have any pretenses of being reality tv altogether, and is instead nothing but an hour long, 10 episode commercial for Heineken, Oakenfold, and God's Kitchen.

Way to go, guys. Pat yourselves on the back for that one. I don't mind a little product placement, but stop interviewing people on how great the product is, or bringing in the owners of the products to explain in depth what their product is about and how it benefits mankind.

And Oakenfold. Jesus. I love it when he puts his arms in the air like that. People come up to him and thank him for the music, and then he acts like he made it and everything. Yeah, you play other people's music, hotshot. You rule.

It's like praising somebody for their channel-surfing skills. Never in my life have I seen a more self-absorbed, egregiously narcissistic DJ than Oakenfold. Except for maybe Tiesto.

And I wonder how Allison's friends feel. Pretty harsh, when you think about it. "We don't want you here, you losers. You're not famous enough." Like it's their fault. Who would pass up a free opportunity to ride in a jet and party VIP in a faux-upscale Las Vegas club? They didn't know what to expect. Bet they'd be pretty pissed at Allison afterward. Maybe that's why they left early.
    Last edited by Ishkur; 01-24-2005 at 10:53 AM.

After watching last night, I felt like I had missed an episode- although I didn't think I had! What happened between Allison and Neal, and what on earth was Allison doing at that other club? I wanted to see a knock down, drag out between those two.
    Liked how they moved the dj booth down.
    I keep seeing the club and wondering how they are within the fire code limits? It seems like wall to wall people in there.
    Who is God's Kitchen? I did miss that episode when the other guy was fired and the new ones came in.

FORT Regular
    I was wondering the same thing about the Allison thing - they never showed them firing her (for the 2nd time) but rather followed her and taped her somewhere else just to have her bash the club - again.
    Currently Watching: Big Brother 6, Real World: Austin, Laguna Beach 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ishkur
    And Oakenfold. Jesus. I love it when he puts his arms in the air like that. People come up to him and thank him for the music, and then he acts like he made it and everything. Yeah, you play other people's music, hotshot. You rule.

It's like praising somebody for their channel-surfing skills.
    It does kind of border on self-parody, doesn't it? It makes me think of the "walk off" competition in Zoolander.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345