+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Club (SpikeTV)

I'd be surprised if Alison could find anyone to hire her after this. It won't matter how many "celebrities" (Rod Stewart's son?) she promises to bring in, nobody wants an employee so indiscrete that she'd badmouth her bosses on national television.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

Still watching?

I'm more than a little surprised at the lack of buzz on FORT over "The Club". I have faithfully watched every episode. Yes, it does seem to be highly scripted and the personalities are as fake as a plastic fern in a basement office, but it does bring back fun memories of my drug fogged clubbing days. Rather unfortunately, Alison reminds me A LOT of my old girlfriend who lived in The Palisades. I think a new drinking game should be created where every time anyone refers to anyone else on the show as "babe" or a greeting is topped off by the most cheesy and fake of all LA trademarks, the air kiss, everyone would have to consume.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar X
    I'm more than a little surprised at the lack of buzz on FORT over "The Club". I have faithfully watched every episode. Yes, it does seem to be highly scripted and the personalities are as fake as a plastic fern in a basement office, but it does bring back fun memories of my drug fogged clubbing days. Rather unfortunately, Alison reminds me A LOT of my old girlfriend who lived in The Palisades. I think a new drinking game should be created where every time anyone refers to anyone else on the show as "babe" or a greeting is topped off by the most cheesy and fake of all LA trademarks, the air kiss, everyone would have to consume.

Im not watching anymore Omar...Everyone just irritates me on the show...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I saw one episode the other day on one of the Canadian stations (Much More Music I think) and I really liked this show... if I can remember, I'll watch again.

snarky scenester
    Well...I hoped this show would be about the ins and outs of the nightclub industry. Or at least be about a wacky club, their struggle to run fun nights with good entertainment, and their antics on the side, ala American Chopper. More of a documentary of someone doing an interesting job.

I stopped watching after the "hostile takeover"...which was just too much. That episode just pushed it out of the realm of "reality"....and then they're going to re-hire alison? After everything she did? It made the whole show feel very cheap, fake, canned, plastic, manufactured pap. It's like some idiot executive felt that the show would not be interesting unless they added all this extra drama. See, this is how you lose your audience, Spike TV--by insulting their intelligence. Christ, why not go the extra mile next time and add maybe a driveby shooting or two. And then a wet t-shirt Spring Break special. Maybe on one episode we can have some Vietnamese guerillas take over the club and hold everyone hostage, and then at the last minute Rambo and Chuck Norris burst through the doors, kill all of them and save the day.

So yeah...I stopped watching when the Gatecrasher thugs took over and turned the place into a mirror model of the bloated, inspid boring brit superclub scene. But just for curiosity's sake: what's been going on since then?

ah, man. i totally missed this show. oakenfold is one of my favorite DJs but, i agreee, he hasn't been good in several years.

is this show still on?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    It's on. I enjoy it. Being a hard-core partier for many years, I'm interested in the cat fights (male and female) - and the never-ending power struggles. I had no idea how hard those people work to get and keep me drunk. Be sure to time your bartenders and waitresses!

snarky scenester
    I have seen some re-runs, and have caught up now. It seems the God's Kitchen guys are turning the Club into what Ed's wife had wanted all along (and which Allison hated). Freaks, drag queens, costumes, midgets, stiltwalkers, and lots of mayhem. The bread n butter of the nightlife industry. Still don't like Neil...but...that's why God's Kitchen is one of the most renowned clubbing circuits in the world: he don't take no crap from nobody. The Afterhours special was a nice gig.

Why oh why are they re-hiring Allison? Could they not tell that she was a fraud to begin with, and she knows no one? Look.....celebrities only hang out with celebrities. Allison is not a celebrity. But she knows lots of them. That doesn't mean she's their friend, just an acquaintance, and thus prone to getting brushed off by her celebrity friends because they have more important celebrities to hang out with instead. It's a very social thing for them. So unless you're an agent or a publicist for celebrities, no celebrity cares about you if you're not a celebrity also. The guys would have better odds just contacting celebrities directly and inviting them to ICE, rather than hiring Allison to pretend that she's working Hollywood for them.

And Oakenfold is still a gigantic tool. Or rather, he is many tools, welded together to make up some sort of super tool.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    ah, man. i totally missed this show. oakenfold is one of my favorite DJs but, i agreee, he hasn't been good in several years.

is this show still on?

Unfortunately yes. Perhaps more unfortunately, this crap of all things is what's brought me out of lurking at the FORT.

Okay, I admit, I am sort of fascinated by this show. I've never worked at a club, I have worked at several restaurants and we managed to keep them running just fine without this enormous, bloated management team. A whole set of "VIP hosts"? :rolleyes Street teams for marketing? Managers and directors for every possible other area? The "old regime"? Whatever, maybe they can "manage" the endless commercials for Oakenfool's crud CDs right off the screen. :phhht

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

Quote Originally Posted by Ishkur
    And Oakenfold is still a gigantic tool. Or rather, he is many tools, welded together to make up some sort of super tool.

I haven't seen this episode yet, so my question may have already been answered.

I haven't gone clubbing since Donna Summer was still a tramp, so I'm confused over this attention to club DJs. I thought they just played records. What distinguishes one from another?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast