+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Club (SpikeTV)

Ishkar,

, welcome aboard and that was a great post, you obviously have some insight into the nightclub business so you bring a unique perspective!

Nobody else posts here at all so glad to have you aboard.

What do you think those outsiders find when they break into the filing cabinets?

I agree with you 100% about Allison, although I still think she has a nice body .... have you worked with her or know of her?

snarky scenester
    I almost half wonder if this entire thing is just an elaborate setup for drama. I don't know if you guys have heard of it before, but in Canada we have a cult "reality" show called The Trailer Park Boys, that basically chronicles life of an average trailer park. But it's not a reality show: everything is scripted, and everyone on the show is an actor. But the way they set up everything, from the jerky camera shots to the dialogue....makes it feel like a reality show. It's such a deadpan satire of reality tv, it's too bad you guys can't see it.

I almost feel like The Club is the same way.....that they are injecting some added controversy for good tv. It's almost TOO perfect that Allison gets upset on the second day there and bitches out Ed. It's almost TOO perfect that the VIP manager is caught skimming funds. It's almost TOO perfect that they hired the club equivalent of Omarosa--you know, someone you were meant to hate--who tanks her job then vows revenge.

What will those outsiders find? ....money, most likely. Someone's been doing a little laundering on the side. Did Allison tip them off? Is this her revenge? How would she know? But again, it almost seems TOO perfect that this Club, knowing that its hands are dirty, would admit a camera crew to follow them around and quite possibly stumble upon their illegal ventures. I mean, give me a break. This seems almost scripted. For one thing, shady backdealers are usually much better at cleaning up their paper trails. And secondly, shady backdealers DO NOT LIKE PUBLICITY. They don't want to be known anywhere....not in the paper, not in the news, not even among their friends and their friends' friends, and especially not plastered all over a network television reality show. That's how they don't get caught.

No, I don't know Allison. She seems to be more of the upscale celebutante scene. Paris Hilton wannabe. My scene is more raves and eclectic music niches. I follow DJs and music acts. I do not follow (nor care about) socialites.

good point, i'll post some stuff next episode, look forward to talking about it afterwards!

so who is gonna watch tonight's episode? see you on here!

snarky scenester
    I am now firmly convinced that this is not a reality tv show.

It is a reality soap opera.

The people are actors, the scenes, sets and conflicts all scripted, the club is real, but the location is the only thing that's real about it.

So Greg--who lives in the most ridiculous looking mansion I've ever seen that is displayed in such a way to explain to us all the visible and frivolous signs of his vast and apparently pointless wealth--who owns 100% of The Club but just can't walk over one day and fire Ed and the management on the spot and seize all the club's assets and paperwork, opts to hiring football hooligans who treat it like a super covert special black ops omega force nightraid right out of a Jerry Bruckheimer movie. The only thing missing was Tom Cruise dangling from the ceiling in a sound and pressure-sensitive room cracking the codes and getting the uber secret data files on disk.

Give me a break. Did you notice that, amidst all the seriousness in them being quick and prompt about everything, they weren't bothered by the cameraman getting in the way?!?!?

It was almost dumb. What made it even more dumb was the DJ competition at the beginning. THAT was something I wanted to see. How many records were they allowed to play? What genres? What tricks did they use? What equipment did they use? What was the judging criteria? How many DJs were there? What were their names? I only saw like two of them, and only for about 3 seconds each.

So a Playboy model learned how to play records, big deal. I've seen some of the Playboy DJs before (but not that colleen chick)....they're not all that spectacular. But of course people don't go to see them for their impeccable skill. And Oakenfold is as big a dolt as ever.

*sigh* A show about a club has stopped being about the club, and started being more about the people behind the club. I guess it wouldn't have as engaging a plot otherwise, but now it just feels like some kind of dramatized re-enactment of something that never happened.

i was definetly disappointed in the episode .... it moved sooooo slow

how many times did they have to explain to use how they were going to take back the club ...... and after an hour they never even told us what was in those files. I didn't understand that either, if that greg guy was the owner why does he need all that paperwork to take over the club from Ed.

How much longer can they stretch this series out? I found the first 10 minutes the worst with the DJ competition and talking to that guy with those sunglasses, boring!

does anyone think the employee that comes back is allison?

So here's the thread.

*sigh* A show about a club has stopped being about the club, and started being more about the people behind the club.
    What else are they going to show?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Regular
    Just watched the marathon of this show last night and now I am hooked I was up until 3:00 a.m. watching this show and can not wait until Wednesday to see the "new" episode. My 2 cents: Ed's wife Kalani - weird, weird, weird! I'm glad these new (old) people are "taking back the club" and that she is out. I did not like Allison at all just because from what they showed she really didn't seem to care too much about the job, but who knows, she might grow on me now.
    Currently Watching: Big Brother 6, Real World: Austin, Laguna Beach 2

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I stayed up too watching the marathon. Allison has a snaggletooth like my Boston Terrier, Hoppy!

I think its scripted...and that Chuck guy gives me the creeps.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast