+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mississippi - Winsmere Way : Laurie's room

Mississippi - Winsmere Way : Laurie's room

Hmmm, the colouring on the photo is much more muted than the room actually looked.

Laurie's room

The after is soooooo much better. I really like the result of this room. Seems like the HO does not mind bright colors. Did they like it?
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

This was done for a newly single woman. Her friend helped her with the other HO's room, but this bedroom was for 1 person. She seemed to really love it.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

hmmm, just looked at the photo and the walls were really much more of a yellow almost orange on the show last night
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

The HO really loved it.
    I prefered the room as it appeared on the tv last night compared to how it looks in the picture.
    I wouldn't ever choose those colours for a room of my own, but the ho was very pleased.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ugh, there were some things I didn't like about that room. Like how the headboard was WAY too big and just swallowed up the bed, and made everything else in the room look squatty when Laurie was trying to do the opposite.

Way better than the previous, anyway.

Ugh, there were some things I didn't like about that room. Like how the headboard was WAY too big and just swallowed up the bed, and made everything else in the room look squatty when Laurie was trying to do the opposite.
    I'm with you duckgirl. The only thing I can figure--that is if there is anything to figure, as opposed to Laurie simply making a weaker design call-- is that Laurie was trying tie the headboard in to the ceiling wih its height. The colors turned out much better than I thought they would.
    cali: hmmm, just looked at the photo and the walls were really much more of a yellow almost orange on the show last night
    fluff: I prefered the room as it appeared on the tv last night compared to how it looks in the picture.
    I know y'all may not want to hear it, but the television and photographic mediums may be much more different than one might imagine. Is a different kind of lighting used in television in order not to "wash out" persons not wearing stage makeup?
    Would lighting with more of the yellow-orange spectrum give reality tv personalities that healthy glow, but simultaneously darken/richen Laurie's room's walls and ceiling? In my bathroom, I have had some electrical problems with the overhead light fixtures, so I have rigged a hardware store clamping directional lamp with about a 300 watt bulb to my door. The intense lighting completely changed the appearance of my body in the mirror, illuminating details I can't remember ever seeing under conventional lighting, even in sunlight. Of course, I haven't stood in the buff in front of a mirror outdoors, either. Hmm, maybe that's another to-do.

"Experts say TV does add weight to presenters" It doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that someone just right/stunning on tv, might be rather plain Jane/Joe in person. This goes for rooms/architecture, too. I made a special trip to see FLW's Taliesen {sp?} West in Arizona, and was shocked to see how different it was than what I had for years seen in photographs. It may have something to do with the difficulties inherrent in interpreting 3D date in 2D media?

PS At some angles and expressions, Laurie''s face, for some strange reaon, reminds me of a female version of Michael Jackson. Anyone else see a little of Michael Jackson's features or whatever in Laurie?

Michael Jackson doesnt have features. And no doubt the lights make it look different, but it wouldn't make it look THAT different.

And Laurie- enough with the yellow!

I didn't really like the way Laurie wove the ribbon through the back of the chair.
    I didn't think the colours suited the wood stain on the chair.

Also, I thought she might have put the towel rails lower so the magazines would be accessible if you were loungeing on the chaise.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.
    I didn't see this episode, but from the picture, the only thing I don't like is the giant headboard.

Did she get rid of another ceiling fan?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast