+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What UK reality shows have been shown in the USA and Canada??

What UK reality shows have been shown in the USA and Canada??

Hi, please could you tell me what UK reality shows you have seen and where in the world are you!!!
    www.jameshewitt.tvheaven.com

We don't get to see many of them...

Other than the home improvement/gardening shows (i.e. Changing Rooms, House Invaders, Ground Force) I think the only one I've seen was called, I think, "Castaway." People get military training, are commented on by their friends who watch raw footage, and then those that are chosen are sent somewhere wild with a mission to get somewhere else. I saw one episode where someone was badly hurt and had to be airlifted out...only to return closer to the end of the adventure.

BBC America also ran the Australian reality stunt show "Who Dares Wins," which I've seen a couple of times.

But I don't think we've ever had the chance to see the UK version of Big Brother...or the like.

pg--seattle (whose goal in life is to be a contestant on Never Mind the Buzzcocks.)

PS--And watching the UK version of QEFTSG on Bravo the other week was like a Twilight Zone episode--where everything is the same...but different.

Hi BandontheRun I'm in Ontario, Canada.

I've seen the UK version of Temptation Island. Also Shipwrecked 1 & 2, which I thoroughly enjoyed. And A&E is showing the UK version of Airline, after the U.S. version airs. I also remember something called Castaway 2000, where a group of people were on an island (off Scotland perhaps?) just trying to create their own society, for a year. It was good too.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie

Re: What UK reality shows have been shown in the USA and Canada??

Hi, I've read some of your preious threads and agree with your opinions on reality TV today, it leaves a lot to be desired and lacks the deep insightful look into humanity we all seem to crave

The second season of Project Catwalk is currently airing in Canada.
    The first season was also televised in Canada last year.

pg, I hope you make your goal of being on NMTB.
    Without a doubt the greatest quiz show to ever grace the airwaves, imo.

An American channel called the CW aired two recaps of Britain's Next Top Model. So they didn't exactly air the show, only two recaps of the two seasons.

I saw an episode of Britains Next Top Model on Star the other day (Canadian equivalent of E!)
    I don't know which season it was, they took pictures as princesses with a frog.
    The pictures were awful, imo as was the make-up and hair and the models seemed like a bunch of rowdy slappers for the most part.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2376791;
    I saw an episode of Britains Next Top Model on Star the other day (Canadian equivalent of E!)
    I don't know which season it was, they took pictures as princesses with a frog.
    The pictures were awful, imo as was the make-up and hair and the models seemed like a bunch of rowdy slappers for the most part.
    That was the 1st cycle and it was awful but had a decent winner!!! You want to watch the newer seasons as they have a new host Lisa Snowdon instead of Lisa Butcher!!!

I didn't know Project Catwalk aired outside the UK... Series 1 was OK, Series 2 was definetly better and the 3rd is only 4-5 episodes in to the Series and I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying it!!!

There have been lots of American reality shows airing in the UK like (ANTM, Project Runway, The Hills, etc. to name a few!!!) But the most unique one in my memory is Big Brother 4 USA!!! They never showed any other Season before or after it though??? But I loved it and was really excited to watch it... I never misssed an episode as the format was soooo refreshing, Big Brother UK should use the same format as it would be more drama and less blandness of which it has fully become!!! Anyway BB4 USA was great and I couldn't believe it aired... very strange!!!LOL!!!

FORT Fogey

There was a Biggest Loser UK marathon today - the final is airing now on Fox Reality TV channel.

+ Reply to Thread