+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bravo announces 2nd season of "Showbiz Moms & Dads" and a spinoff

Bravo announces 2nd season of "Showbiz Moms & Dads" and a spinoff

BRAVO'S BUZZ-WORTHY HIT SERIES 'SHOWBIZ MOMS & DADS' RETURNS FOR A SECOND SEASON WITH ALL-NEW OUTRAGEOUS FAMILIES PREMIERING EARLY NEXT YEAR

THE CLAWS REALLY COME OUT IN A SPIN-OFF SERIES 'SHOWDOG MOMS & DADS'

LOS ANGELES -- July 22, 2004 -- This fall, Bravo will return with a new season of one of the most talked about series of the year, "Showbiz Moms & Dads." Additionally, a spin-off series will take a look at the lives of the parents of four-legged children, "Showdog Moms & Dads," it was announced today by Lauren Zalaznick, President of Bravo.

Whether it's an aggressive stage mom pushing her child forward, or it's a reluctant, uncertain mother whose child is the driving force, "Showbiz Moms & Dads" explores the true lives of these determined families - and reveals stories both heartwarming and shocking. The series achieved both critical and ratings success when the first season aired earlier this year. Season two will focus on all new families, as they make their way along the unpredictable road to fame. Over the course of six episodes, we'll witness the extreme measures some parents will take to make their children into stars.

A new six-episode series, "Showdog Moms & Dads," will take a sneak peak at what goes on behind the scenes in dog shows, and the passionate owners who sacrifice so much for the benefit of their pooch. Cameras will roll as these dedicated 'parents' take extraordinary measures to see their dogs shine.

"Showbiz Moms & Dads" and "Showdog Moms & Dads" are produced by World of Wonder for Bravo. The executive producers for "Showbiz Moms & Dads" are Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato and David Perler. Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato will executive produce "Showdog Moms & Dads."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    ::rubbing hands evil-like:: Goody goody gumdrops!!

Glad to hear they'll have another, the first season had some of the greatest "snarkworthy events" of the year. Can't wait to see this one.

The "Showdogs Moms & Dads", IMO (right now) doesn't sound all that interesting. It immediately makes me think of the movie "Best in Show" though, which by the way.. is one of the funniest movies I've seen!!! I recommend it to all who like comedy and who are going to watch this show. I know I'll watch...but I'm not anticipating it to be that entertaining.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Yay! I can't wait!

I am VERY happy about 'Showbiz Moms and Dads' coming back. It was one of my favorite shows.

Right know the dog version doesn't sound so inticing, but I will give it a try.

Yeeehaaaawwwwwwwww! Can't wait for the new one! I also thought of the movie "Best in Show" when I read the part about Dogshow Moms and Dads. That might be pretty entertaining, too. Who knows ... but I'm thrilled about another Showbiz Moms and Dads! But how on earth will they top the last show? I wonder if they'll do another update on Mama K and Shane, Debbie Tye-Monster and poor little Emily, Sweet Little Jordan and her bubbly-cool mom, Raspy-voiced-snot Jordan and her Nut-Job-Mom, and of course, The Nutters. I'd LOVE to see where they all are now.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

YEAAAAAA! I can not wait for another series of Showbiz Moms and Dads! That was so entertaining! But Showdogs Moms and Dads? HMMMMMMM! Not gettin' chills over this one.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

John, any chance there will be a forum for the show?

We have a little time, but honestly, probably not. None of the writers has shown any previous interest in it.

I guess I'm the only person really stoked about Showdog Moms and Dads From what I know and have read, dog show people can be a wacky, weird lot. Can't wait!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    The "Showdogs Moms & Dads", IMO (right now) doesn't sound all that interesting. It immediately makes me think of the movie "Best in Show" though, which by the way.. is one of the funniest movies I've seen!!!

I immediately thought of Best in Show, especially the high-strung couple looking for the "Busy Bee" toy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast