+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: King of the Jungle II

I missed the show, but I may be able to watch it tonight. So who was kicked out this last episode? I hope it wasn't Tony because he's the only one left that I kind of like.

Recap 9/21 episode

Opening shot.

Tony is playing some makeshift drums. Shannon is lounging and studying on the Kings Tents deck. Then Shannon sees Bee and Patrick and both Tony and she get up and go to greet them back. They are all talking about how it went.

Bee comments that seeing anyone walk away (from the Lionís Pit) effects you emotionally.

Then they are all in the kitchen tent and Bee makes a comment about how that they are a lot of dirty) dishes and that they havenít been washed. Shannon, who had been sitting at the dinner table, says that she has been busy studying.

Shot of Shannon talking to the camera, and she goes on and on about how since she has been back she does all the cooking, and the breakfast dishes and the lunch dishes and the dinner dishes. How only occasionally Bee will do a set (of dishes) and that only occasionally Patrick will do a set of dishes and that Tony has done nothing. She goes on that they leave their dishes lying around with half eaten food and no one picks up or cleans after themselves. How in her family they were taught to all pitch in and help and that no one here does that.

Then back to a shot of all the players sitting around the kitchen table and talking.

Tony comments that since Patrick, Bee and Lindsey have been there from the beginning and have formed a friendship, which he feels has started to be broken up when Shannon came back, that Shannon talks too much, and that will get her voted off the challenge.

Bee calls everybody and it is time to go off to the next challenge.

In an open field there are four pens and in each pen there is a zebra. Each pen has a colored tile hanging from it, in blue, yellow, purple and red. To one side of the Pens are 8 full size outlines in the shape of zebras. 2 of the outlines are blue, 2 are yellow, 2 are purple and 2 are red. These outlines represent the left and right side of a zebra.

Shannon is very excited because she has been researching zebras for her job and she thinks that finally they will be a challenge based on the information they receive. (As a little side note here, why would she think that, all the challenges have been a part physical and mental) (To me this just indicates what a poor player she is, because she does not accept the game as it is being played but thinks things should be organized according to how Shannon thinks they should be.)

Scott the animal handler introduces us to the zebra and explains that there are 3 main types of zebra, the mountain, the plains and the Garveyís (sp), and that the zebras here are a subspecies of the plains type known as the Grants Zebra. Scott then asks the group why do zebras have stripes. Bee and Tony reply that the stripes are disruptive camoflague. Scott replies that for years that was the main theory, but now animal experts have been exploring other possibilities. Several of the theories suggest that the zebras us the stripes as a means of identification. Each stripe pattern is like a finger print , no two are alike. When a zebra gives birth the mother usually stays away from the other zebras for several days. This is very unusual behavior in a herd animal. Experts think that this happens to give the foal time to recognize his motherís stripe pattern and scent. Zebras are also the kind of animals that use urine to indicate estrus (heat) to the male so that they know when to breed the females. Male zebras have a special organ called the Jacobsonís Organ located up high in its respiratory system that is used to smell female urine and when they come into heat. To help get the scent up that high male zebras will curl their lips back in a gesture called flaming, and this helps get the scent to the Jacobsonís organ. Females come into heat once a year, and gestation lasts one year. Zebras will form family groups of up to 17 females and one stallion. The family groups are the main unit but they will form up into herds.

Madison then explains the rules of the challenge. There are large tiles of approximately 15 ď x 15Ē with a zebra pattern on it hanging from a group of poles next to the four pens. This is a timed challenge. Each player must run to the pole grab a tile and figure out which zebra the pattern on the tile belongs to and hang that tile from the correct outline. The player only has to get 3 tiles correct. After all 3 tiles are hung, Madison will check and if any are incorrect she will say so and the player has the chance to try to correct the error.

Shannon comments that she will not do well at this challenge as she is not good visually.

There is a random draw and Bee is picked to go first.

Bee comments that going first in these challenges is a disadvantage.

Bee gets 3 tiles correct and her time is 3:37.

Next is Shannon. Shannon gets all 3 tiles up. Madison says that the blue zebra is wrong. Shannon still has time to beat Beeís time, Shannon goes for another tile but does match it in time.

Tony comments that he needs to win one because he has not won one since the beginning. That it has become personal with him. Then he hears Bees time and he thinks that he has a good chance to win.

Tony gets 3 tiles. Madison tells him he has 1 wrong. He goes for another tile but does not match it in time.

It is Patrickís turn, he comments that while he was waiting he came up with a strategy but when the game started it he totally forgot it. Patrick gets 3 tiles up. Madison tells him that 2 are incorrect and he tries to match again but time runs out.

Bee is now King. Not only has she been the only player to be king twice, she now is the only player to have been king 3 times, and that with wining 2 challenges in a row. They all go back to camp and rest.

Bird Mail.

Bee can only chose one to go on the reward and she picks Patrick. They walk off for there reward. They meet with Scott and another man named Mark who is a raptor expert. They meet a raptor known as an Augur Buzzard from Africa. Scott gives both Bee and Patrick gloves and shows them both how to hold the bird. Both Bee and Patrick remark how heavy the raptor is. Scott tells them that the bird has very good eyesight and that the bird has a ratchet mechanism in its talons so they automatically grip tightly. That this is better than using muscles, because muscles would get tired. The buzzard hunts small rodents and will take an occasional snake if it is nonpoisonous. The raptor is panting and Scott explains that this is how the bird cools itself off, by expelling heat. The bird can also rotate its head 350 degrees partly because it cannot rotate its eyes.

Scott shows Bee and Patrick how to fly the bird. They make 3 passes. From Patrick to Bee, from Bee to Patrick, then from Patrick to Bee.

Scott mentions that the hobby of owning a bird and flying it is called falconry, that it is very time consuming hobby, you have to work with the bird every day 24/7.

Back to the Camp.

Tony comments that a lot of what Shannon says irritates him and he is sure that he irritates her.

Next shot. Patrick, Bee, Tony and Shannon hanging around under the shade and on the cots. Tony and Shannon are talking about an expression he used in a conversation with Patrick. Tony and Patrick were discussing that a Lion is stronger than a Leopard. Shannon had referred to the comment from a previous episode where the group had met a leopard and were told that pound for pound the leopard is the strongest big cat. Tony was telling Shannon that the phrase pound for pound did not refer to the conversation he and Patrick were having. They were going round and round.

Shannon comments that Tony has humility before God but not Man and he needs to work on that, then she comments that she doesnít need/want to sit around and be lectured (by Tony?)

Tony comments that you cannot call Shannon on anything. He doesnít penalize her for that, because she is an aggressive minded person, but the kryptonite is that no one knows everything.

Then there is a scene with Shannon joking around with Patrick as she shaves off his Mohawk.

Tony makes a comment about people talking too much and not listening.
    Bee decides to choose 2 people to go into the pit. She picks Tony and Shannon.

Shannon prepares by joking around. Tony prepares by withdrawing into himself and studying. Tony is a bit irritated because everyone prepares for challenges differently. We see shots on Shannon ragging on Tony. A comment is made to Shannon by Bee that she is very red and Shannon starts joking that the Lobster is gonna get Tony. That the Lobster will take him down.

Next morning we see Tony heating Pop Tarts for breakfast on the grill and Shannon strategizing with Patrick. Shannon does the breakfast dishes before she goes to the Lionís Pit.

Shannon comments that she is realistic and she knows that Tony is faster then she is.

Tony comments that he figures that Shannonís joking is her way of giving up.
    Bee, Tony and Shannon go to the Lionís Pit.

Question 1: What is the name of the special organ male zebraís use to analyze the scent of a femaleís urine?

Tony wins. Answer: Jacobsonís. Correct. He chops. Shannon is safe.

Question 2: What subspecies of zebra did the pride meet?

Tony wins. Answer: Grantís. Correct. He chops. Shannon is safe.

Question 3: How long is the zebra gestation period?

Tony wins. Answer: 1 year. Correct. He chops. Shannon is gone.

Tonyís hand got wacked pretty hard during the ring toss and he is shaking it.

Shannon comments that Tony got her because of the speed of his arms. She had also say earlier that she was glad she could come back just to unsettle things and that she had a good run and like the ethical way she played.

Tony comments that he is not just a football player and fast at the rings he also knew the answers. He also is glad that Shannon is gone because things will go back to the way they were before Shannon came back. As he and Bee walk back to camp he tells Bee that if she wins it is because she deserves it.

Remember next week is the last episode and it will be 2 hours long.

You did that on purpose!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Tonyís hand got whacked pretty hard during the ring toss and he is shaking it.
    This is the second time someone has gotten hurt in the pit. I like the part about chopping the ropes to the logs, but the ring toss has got to be revised.

Thanks for the update, Bearcata, I just couldn't bring myself to watch this episode. I will be watching the finale...you know what I want to see.

I caught last week's episode on Sunday night.
    Gawd.......Shannon is soooooo annoying. I'm so glad she's gone.

I'm not really feeling Bea. There is something about her I don't like. It's probably the fact that she said she wasn't going to compete if she went to the pit. :rolleyes
    I"m indifferent to Patrick, and I like Tony, but I'm not totally sure if I would see a show where Tony was the host.

Good thing this show is ending this week. I probably won't catch the finale until the weekend, since there are better shows to watch/tape on Tuesday.

The winners show.

My TV Guide shows: Wednesday, 9/29/04 APL 8-9 King of the Jungle 2, The winner returns a koala to the wild. NEW

I won't be home and will be taping Smallville. Pity

spoiler...........

Tony won the show. I'm so glad because I got to know him at the University of Louisville my freshman year and eventually became his frat brother. He's a great guy.

*****spoiler*******

I was trilled that Bee lost. I haven't liked her since she started bad mouthing Lang and sent him to the pit. Her parting speech said a lot about her. She commented that just winning the most challenges and collecting the most totems apparently wasn't enough. Implying that she deserved to win because of this. Just keep walking, Bee, your 15 seconds are up.

I was very happy that Tony said people forgot all the good things about Lang and just busted about the bad. He said positive things about all of the departed. I liked the excerpts of the departed saying how much they enjoyed the experience. Lang though it was worth a broken thumb.

The photography challenge, the maze and the final pit competition were great. I liked when Tony said that getting to know the other contestants was the best part of the process. He was the first King and the last. Good job, Tony.

(That snake ALMOST got Madison. Stupid, slow snake.)

Never have I ever felt so relieved for a series to be finished! I just couldn't make myself quit watching it after it had started, but I'm really glad this is done and over with! I actually liked Bee, but seeing Tony and Patrick as the final two was very satisfying as well, and both would have done a good job in the special. The preview for Tony's show tonight looks interesting, hopefully he'll do well and it'll be good. He (Tony) was a very gracious winner, which was great, and really seemed to be taking good things home from his experience on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk

(That snake ALMOST got Madison. Stupid, slow snake.)
    Now, now, you don't want to give the snake indigestion.

Just finished watching the Tony's special....honestly I was impressed with him. He was animated and caring, and seemed to fit in quite well with the folks he was working with. I could have done with a few less confessionals and more of the story, but other than that, it was a good watch.

+ Reply to Thread