+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: King of the Jungle II

I'm glad Lindsey is gone she was so under the radar that she fell right off.

I always get a little bit mad with contestants who get into these shows, they have the opportunity of a lifetime and yet they blow it because they are homesick and miss their friends. Suck it up. And what's with Bee turning into Miss Nice last nite. She should have sent Patrick and Tony into the Lion's Pit. And Patrick saying he has no hand and eye coordination, him Mister Flexible. Its almost as if everyone is tired and lost their spark. What's with Tony pouting because no one hugged him after the Lion's Pit. He is an athlete, he shouldn't expect all lightness and joy from his competitors. Maybe Roberto should come back again.

I thought they would be sniffing pee for the challenge. That was funny. This is where Tony is not smart. He has the speed but speed really was not the criteria here is was accuracy.

The contestents left are pretty evenly matched so hopefully tensions will errupt and we will see some action.

Suggestion for casting females for the next round. How about some female Marines, at least they will try in the Lion's Pit and not shame an entire gender like Cherry and Lindsey did.

Still missing Lang.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    :
    He is the total package, even though he can't get along with people. His interaction with the animals comes across as fun and warm, though. That's what counts, imo, if you're starring in your own show.

I'm so glad Lindsay is gone. She thought her goody goody too-shoes charm would get her to the end. :rolleyes Bee is not competitive, so I want her to be eliminated.
    I totally agree with you and Bearcata on all counts. Has anyone heard anything about Lang, since he was eliminated the hard way. Wolf, I think under normal circumstances Lang would "play well with other".

We're down to the wire... How many more shows are left?

Quote Originally Posted by dberk

We're down to the wire... How many more shows are left?
    At least 2 more shows left, then the special, I think???

Of all the contestants left, I think Tony would be the only one I'd consider watching on his own special. I agree with Wolf about Lang. Definitely a good candidate for the job. "Doesn't play well with others" doesn't really apply when you're hosting your own special.

I also like Jacob and wish he had another chance to come back. I was NOT thrilled with any of their female choices. They are either too over the top with their competitiveness (Sharon) or hide behind their hair (Lindsay) or I want to win on my own terms (Bea). I liked Bea until she refused to compete the week Sharon was King. What a crock that was. I can't believe Sharon didn't put her up anyway for being such a poor sport. :rolleyes

The ultimate revenge...

Just because Lang doesn't win the show, doesn't mean APL won't recognize what he has to offer and test him for a show too.

While watching the last episode, I was trying to decide who I could actually stomach watching as a host of the remaining contestants. It's down to Patrick and Bee for me. I'm really leaning toward Patrick though. I really just want this season to be over with, it really hasn't thrilled me that much with the new format.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Wow! I stopped watching this quite a while ago.. after reading the comments, I see I decided correctly.

How sad.. they had a good premise at first. I agree with everyone about the show, contestants, stupidity..etc..
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

9/14 - recap

Opening shot.

Patrick, Lindsey and Bee are lying around on cots under the shade. The camera pans to 2 figures in the distance. It is Tony and Shannon. Tony says to Shannon ‘see nothing, nothing, those are supposed to be my friends.’

Cut to Tony commenting that normally as soon as people come around the bend back from the pit the people in the camp come up to welcome them back.

Then another shot of Patrick, Lindsey and Bee lying around on the cots. Lindsey says to Tony and Shannon that was quick. Tony says that his pack is heavy and he heads on to his tent. Shannon stays and tells the group that it was quick, one question, chop and Roberto was gone.

Lindsey comments to the camera that Tony seems a little different, because they had so much fun in the past, she hopes they can continue, but he seems different.

Switch to Tony in his tent and he says that they didn’t care who came back, and now they are wondering how to get rid of him. Tony says that he will get real attached to his tent cause that’s were he will be spending his time.

Cut to Shannon talking to the group. Patrick says that is sucks to see Roberto go. Shannon replies that is sucks to see anyone go.

Then Bee calls to everyone in the camp that they have to go.

Shannon comments that the next challenge is critical to her. That it will determine if she will stay or go.

Everyone walks into the jungle and meet Madison and Scott, the animal handler. He has a serval. It is an African cat which makes it’s home on the savannah (grasslands) and hunts mainly rodents and birds. It is spotted like a cheetah but has a stumpy tail like a bobcat. It is rather tall at the shoulder, about 12 to 15 “ high. It can run up to 35 mph in short spurts. Tony comments how great it is to meet a serval. Scott explains that servals like many other animals, mark, spray or scent mark their territory with urine. Madison then passes around a beaker full of serval urine and everyone sniffs it.

Then we meet a baby yak. A yak is found in the Asian highlands of Nepal and Tibet. It can reach a weight of 2,000 lbs. Gestation takes 20 months and it can survive to temperatures of 40 below zero. Yaks do not scent mark their territory but males can tell when females are in estrus (heat) from the scent of their urine. Everyone gets a turn smelling yak urine.

Next we meet a macaque. It is all white and has a very red face. This macaque is known as a Stump Tailed Macaque or Bear Macaque. It is found in South East Asia from Cambodia, Thailand all the way up to Japan. There are 17 species. They give birth once every other year and are born all white even the face. The red face is a sign of sexual maturity. Once again everyone smells macaque urine.

Next we meet a Red Fox Cub. Foxes will eat anything, have very good hearing and will change color as they grow up. Gestation is 50 days. A female fox is called a vixen. Their territory can be a small as ¼ sq mile to 4 sq miles. Everyone smells the urine and it is very strong. Tony comments that he plays football and that they use smelling salts when someone is knocked out, he comments that they should use red fox urine cause that would snap anyone’s head back. Shannon also comments that it smells like skunk. Tony comments that he knows the pee has something to do with the next challenge.

The group all walks to an open grass field. At one end there are four tables with beakers of urine on top. Each table has 5 slots with each players name on it.

Madison asks Shannon for the King’s Amulet and also asks how her reign as King was? Shannon replies that it was full of turmoil especially choosing who to send to the pit.

Madison explains the challenge, saying that many animals mark their hunting territory with strongly scented urine. Animals need to be able to identify different urine to avoid dangerous animals. Through out the field are sample of urine from the four animals that they met. The players need to find the samples of urine and match then to the correct table. The players can only carry one sample at a time. The first player to correctly identify all 4 samples wins. Ready, set, go. Everyone races across the field. Tony finishes first. The macaque table is complete. Shannon finishes second. The serval table is done. Patrick finishes third. The yak table is done. Bee finishes. The red fox table is done. Lindsey is last.

Everyone goes to the yak table. Madison explains how they figure which sample is which. Under the label with the word yak on it is a blue square, the same symbol will be on the bottom of the matching sample. Tony has a red star. Shannon has a blue square. Patrick has a green triangle. Bee has a blue square and Lindsey has a blue square.

Shannon –1
    Bee – 1
    Lindsey – 1

Next is the serval table and the symbol is a red star. Tony has an orange circle. Shannon has a red star. Patrick has a blue square. Bee has a red star and Lindsey has a blue square.

Shannon – 2
    Bee – 2
    Lindsey – 1

Next is the red fox table and the symbol is a green triangle. Tony has a green triangle. Shannon has a red star. Patrick has a red star. Bee has a green triangle and Lindsey has a green triangle.
    Tony – 1
    Shannon – 2
    Bee – 3
    Lindsey – 2

Last is the macaque table and the symbol is an orange circle. Tony has a green triangle. Shannon has an orange circle. Patrick has an orange circle. Bee has an orange circle and Lindsey has an orange circle.

Tony – 1
    Shannon – 3
    Bee – 4
    Lindsey – 3
    Patrick – 1

Bee is the new King of the Jungle. She comments that she is shocked and surprised. Madison says that Bee is the first person to be King twice.

Tony comments that was a tough one and commends Bee for sticking it out.

Bee comments that it is a cool feeling to be King twice.

We see move into the King’s Tent.

Bird Mail

Bee can only take 3 people with her to the Reward. She chooses Lindsey to stay behind because she has been on more rewards than anyone else. Lindsey says its OK.

The group walks into the jungle and meets a black millipede. Each segment has 4 legs. They lay eggs under decaying matter. This one is from Africa and about 10 “ long.

Then we see an Emperor Scorpion. Bee says that is a forest green color. Scorpions have a mild venom much like a bee sting. They eat insects and small mammals. Scorpions are fluorescent under a black light and the handler brings one out and the scorpion glows blue.

Patrick comments that everyone is excited that Lindsey didn’t come because she wouldn’t have any interest in the bugs.

Cut to Lindsey crying in the Kitchen tent and moping around the camp. She comments that she was a little disappointed to miss the reward.

Next we meet a Chako (sp) Tarantula. It is from South America. It has very irritating hair and under a microscope you can see little barbs or hooks in the hair shaft. They will scrape the hair off their back legs and throw up a wad of it. Tony is holding the tarantula in his hands and he comments that it is the one fear he has, spiders.

Now it is back to the camp.

Bee comments that she considers all family and everyone is OK with whatever she decides.

Everyone is gathered around the fire pit. Bee says that she wishes everyone would stay to meet the animals. She has asked everyone to draw pictures of them selves or write a poem on a piece of paper and she will do random draw. She says this in not personal it is fate. Bee picks Lindsey and Patrick.

Lindsey comments that she knows Bee struggled with the choice but did the right thing.

Bee is upset that her 2 best friends are being sent to the pit.

Shannon comments that she is surprised that Bee chose the random draw, that if she was Bee she would have sent Shannon and Tony into the pit.

Patrick comments how everyone was so down so he told the girls to shave his head and give him a Mohawk to raise the group’s spirits.

Next morning Patrick comments that he has not discussed strategy with anyone because he has no hand eye coordination.

Lindsey comments that she is proud to have made it as far as she had.

Bee comments that she will keep contact with both even after the game, the game is separate from the friendship.

They walk to the Lion’s Pit and are greeted by Madison, who welcome’s Lindsey to the pit and points out that she was only person left who had not been there. Madison also asked Patrick about the Mohawk and Bee how she felt having Patrick and Lindsey in the pit.

Question 1: The red coloring in the face of the macaque indicates what?
    Lindsey wins. Answer: Sexual maturity. Correct. Lindsey chops and Patrick is safe.

Question 2: Yaks can survive extreme temperatures. They are found living in temperatures as low as what?
    Patrick wins. Answer: 40 degrees below zero. Correct. Patrick chops and Lindsey is safe.

Question 3: What color are the offspring of macaque when they are born?
    Patrick wins. Answer: White. Correct. Patrick chops and Lindsey is safe.

Question 4: How long is the gestation period of the red fox?
    Patrick wins. Answer: 50 days. Patrick chops and Lindsey is safe.

Question 5: What species of macaque were you introduced to?
    Patrick wins. Answer: Bear Macaque. Madison says that the species of macaque they were introduced to was the Stump Tailed Macaque also known as the Bear Macaque so Patrick’s answer is accepted. Patrick chops and Lindsey is gone.

Everyone is hugging and crying and hugging and crying.

Lindsey’s final words to us was that the best part was the animals especially the bear cub.

Thank God one more episode left there will be a 2 hour episode next tuesday. Now there is absolutely nothing on Monday or Tuesday. I have to say one thing after watching survivor yesterday and apprentice you can see the quality of those shows, especially this season of survivor, in regards to this show. I only hope that the producers take note and introduce some changes.

From your mouth to God's ear, Bearcata.

One more episode after which they say you are all losers so we've chosen Lang as our new star. Don't call us, and we definitely won't be calling you.

+ Reply to Thread