+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: King of the Jungle II

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Sharon is all talk. Competitor my butt...more like control freak!
    Totally agree about the all talk part. As for control freak, I'm trying to think of the correct metaphor. Something hard on the outside but all mush on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I agree that Shannon should have made a strategic decision based on her own future in the game. However, while Roberto & Tony may appear to be the strongest players and the logical choices to go to the pit, I don't think they were the most strategic choice. Roberto/Tony were right in saying that the other women will get rid of her the first chance they got. Her best strategic move should have been sending Tony and Bee. Roberto would have been happy with her for being spared (also she didn't want to send him anyway, because he had been there too many times). Tony would have had a shot at eliminating Bee personally. (Shannon should also have apologized to Tony for jumping down his throat at the campfire-this misunderstanding was clearly due to her brief absence from the show). Lindsey wouldn't have had anyone else to align with (assuming Bee lost-and she said she wouldn't even try to win).

Of course, the key to the success of this plan would have been sharing her reasons with the others in the nicest possible way. What do ya think of this reasoning?
    Rrgardless, I think its in the women's best interest to get rid of all the men, then Lindsey and Bee can get rid of Shannon. Shannon for all her talk is not a game player. neither is Patrick. Lindsey is flying under the radar and Bee is playing. What I don't understand is if the final 2 are Bee and Patrick does she think he will give her the prize??? I don't think so.

It is also possible that the group might send Shannon and Tony into the Pit. Then Tony will get his revenge.

Bee said she was competitive yet she said she will not even try. That is lame. I saw Cherry do it and it sucked that she didn't even try. Then what is the point of being on this show?

Could we make the show better?

Would anyone be interested in sharing ideas about how to make this show better? Comments were made that bringing people back is unfair. Do you want to expand on this and make other suggestions?

9/7 - Recap

Opening shot of Jacob and Roberto walking back into camp.

Roberto comments that he knows the 3 girls want to see Cynthia come back but when they see him (in a girly voice) will say how are you and good to see you and how did things go, what were the questions. (implying that the girls are 2 faced… as far as I am concerned they are simply being polite.. I am trying to be impartial here but Roberto does come across a bit arrogant and that men are superior and that that he, as a male deserves to win.)

Bee comments that she wasn’t that happy (to see Roberto), that he is not her favorite person.

Tony observes that Bee is not happy that Roberto is back.

Roberto tells the Crew that the Lion’s Pit was done in one question.

Shannon comments that Roberto is the funniest person she has ever met and she was not disappointed that he came back.

Roberto comments that not everyone likes him, but he does not walk around hoping that everyone does. (like him) ‘I am who I am and I haven’t changed since I have been here and that I haven’t lied to anyone, or manipulated anyone since I have been here.’

‘I have been playing the game the way it should be played.’

Roberto and Tony are in the kitchen tent talking about strategy and how the women are reacting.

Patrick comments that T & R are in the kitchen tent talking.

Bee comments that Roberto always latches onto someone to form a manipulative bond with. (This was already quoted in the last episode.)

Shot of Lindsey and Bee and Shannon in a tent talking about the stress in the game because of Roberto. Shannon doesn’t understand why they don’t feel stressed out because of her because she is a competitor. Both Lindsey and Bee say it is not the same.

Shannon comments that there are alliances, that Lindsey and Bee are tight, that Roberto and Tony are tight, that Patrick stands as his own man. That she is the odd man out.
    Then the scene goes back to Lindsey and Bee and Shannon in the tent and we see Shannon asking Lindsey and Bee do you want to start playing the game? Lindsey says she wants to stay as long as possible. Then Shannon says we can play hard.

Next a scene with Bee commenting to us that if she was King both Tony and Roberto are out. I know both are after me and both know that I am after them.

Animal Meet and Greet

The Crew is about to meet some snakes.

Roberto comments that he has a fear of snakes.

The Crew meets and handles a Mimic Snake it is nonpoisonous but mimics the poisonous Coral Snake. It is a tri colored snake. Both the Mimic Snake and the Coral Snake have bands of red, yellow and black. The way to tell the difference is by the old rhyme; Red touch black, friend of Jack.
    Red touch yellow, fall a fellow.

If you are not sure just stay away. Coral Snakes are not aggressive but will bite if stepped on or squeezed.

Shannon comments that this is very scary because there are emergency personnel everywhere with antivenom.

We learn that Coral Snakes lay eggs.

Tony comments that he loves snakes.

Then we meet an East Gabon Viper. Gabon vipers give live birth. They have a yellow and black pattern on their scales. They ambush their prey by lying still in game trails until something comes along. They will wait patiently not moving. Grass has been known to die underneath them while they lie in wait. Vipers have a wedge shaped head. Snakes smell with their tongues. They taste the air with their tongues then rub their tongues over a gland in the back of their mouths called a Jacob’s Gland. They actually taste scents with the Jacob’s Gland. The Gabon Viper’s poison is a combination of hemotoxin and neurotoxin. Hemotoxin damages nerves and hemotoxin damages tissue.

Next was Sri Lankan Speckled Cobra. A cobra can only strike the length it can raise itself. It strikes down and not up. They usually lay a clutch of up to 56 eggs in a burrow.
    The Challenge

The Crew will divide into teams of 2. They will be in an enclosure with a fence dividing it. A team member will be on one side of the fence and the other team member on the other side. The only means of communication will be verbal. There are 2 benches, one on either side of the fence, and each bench has 3 aquariums on it. The aquariums are labeled 1, 2 and 3. The object of the challenge is to collect 3 snakes each and put them in the aquariums and the snakes must match. For example both team members must have a ball python in tank 1. When the team is finished they yell finish. Madison will check. If any match is incorrect Madison will say incorrect and the team must figure out which match is wrong. The team with the best time will win.

The Crew divides into 3 teams. Tony and Roberto. Bee and Patrick. Lindsey and Shannon.

The teams are sequestered so they cannot see each other.

Bee and Patrick go first. Patrick is picking up snakes and telling Bee what he has. They both put a Ball Python in tank 3. Then they find a Corn Snake and put it in tank 1. Then Patrick finds a Florida King Snake and puts it in tank 2. His verbal description (I think) confuses Bee and she put in a Gray Rat snake. Patrick yells finish. Madison says incorrect. They try again. This time Bee finds the Florida King Snake.

Time: 4:56

Shannon and Lindsey are next. They had a few seconds before they started they decided to collect 3 snakes as fast as possible and put them in the tanks. Then Shannon was going to collect 2 more and put them on the bench. Then they will sort through the snakes.

Lindsay Shannon
    Tank 1. Florida King Snake Tank 1. Grey Rat Snake
    Tank 2. Corn Snake Tank 2. Corn Snake
    Tank 3. Ball Python Tank 3. Ball Python

They step back and Shannon says what she has. They realize they do not have a match in Tank 1 and Shannon switches it.

Time: 1:37

Tony and Robert
    (I thought they had very poor descriptive skills. They would have the same snake but the way they described to each other what they had you would not recognize that they were holding the same snake.)

Roberto Tony
    Tank 1. Ball Python Tank 1. Ball Python
    Tank 2. Grey Rat Snake Tank 2. Corn snake
    Tank 3. Lined Snake Tank 3. Florida King Snake.

Tony yelled finish. Madison said incorrect. Tony put the Grey Rat Snake in Tank 2. Tony yelled finish. Madison said incorrect.
    Tony then put the Lined Snake in Tank 3. Yelled finish. Madison said Correct. (this was all very confusing)

Time: 2:46 (this was a remarkable time considering the confusion)

Tony and Roberto think they have won. Tony says they were the fastest. Madison said they were faster then Bee and Jacob. You can see that Tony and Roberto think they have won. Then Madison says that there was a faster time, that Lindsey and Shannon won. Now Bee, Jacob, Tony and Roberto have to pick who will be King.
    Bee, Jacob, Tony and Roberto all huddle and try to think who they should pick because no one wants to be picked to be sent to the Lion’s Pit. They pick Shannon.

Tony comments that Shannon is honest, a gamer but he thinks she is a wild card and thinks she will send him and Roberto to the Lion’s Pit because they can compete. She knows if she sticks to the ladies they will get rid of her because she is the toughest lady.

Shannon puts the amulet on and says it is ours, meaning Lindsey and Shannon’s. Then Shannon raises her arm and says that she is wearing the amulet for all the blonde women in the camp. (That is Lindsey and Shannon.)

Back at Camp

Shannon comments that she and Lindsey are in it together (meaning being king) Shannon is concerned because she says that things are getting personal.

Tony comments – watch were Bee goes, the minute we made Shannon King, Bee is talking to Shannon the entire time. The girl is playing the game.

We see Shannon and Bee talking, Bee says that Tony says that he is glad he has been here for the last 2 weeks and that it is due to God. This sets Shannon off. Shannon comments to the audience that Tony is a charismatic presence and that it is pushing to other people, (but that) may not be the intent but can be perceived that way. Back to Shannon and Bee talking in the tent. Shannon is saying that if you don’t believe like Tony does, don not follow the same rules that he does, then Tony (says) you are cocky. Then back to Shannon commenting to the audience that everyone was coming to her and bad mouthing everyone else and she feels that she is being sucked into this and that’s not the way she wants to play the game. Then back to Shannon and Bee in the tent and Shannon is saying well I’ll show him cocky.

Shannon walks to the fire pit and calls a meeting. Shannon says she is not in this game to be manipulative, that for her it is all about strategy. (Please bear with me this next part is very confusing and I’ve seen it twice.) She does not talk behind peoples back and then she tells Tony that he doesn’t like it when someone talk’s about him behind his back. Then Shannon says that she is not comfortable with his whole praise Jesus ….

Patrick doesn’t like to see people get upset so he decides to play peacekeeper. Saying something to the effect that if people were uncomfortable with Tony praising God that they should have said something at the time else that is being sneaky.

Tony is upset and walks away. We see a shot of him commenting that she hasn’t been here for the last 6 days, (therefore she doesn’t know what has been going on therefore do not give an opinion about it)

Roberto comments to us and defends Tony, saying that the girls have seen him as a spiritual leader and have talked to him about personal things and have listened to his opinion of the situation. That Tony is not trying to push his beliefs on anyone.

Tony is upset and in his tent saying ‘she is a grown women’ Roberto is saying that he wants to go to the Pit with Bee and he will show them what it is all about. Speed.

Bird Mail
    Shannon picks Lindsey. Shannon tells Lindsey to pick someone. Lindsey picks Roberto.

Bee comments that you could see how stressed out Lindsey was to pick someone for the reward.

Shannon, Lindsey and Roberto go to meet a 2 yr old giraffe. It 12 ft tall. A male giraffe can be as tall as 17 ft. A big male can have a tongue that measures from 15 to 18 inches long. It has the largest eye of any land mammal. Giraffes are known as the sentinels, that is why zebras and other grazing animals like to be near them. Giraffes are most vulnerable when drinking water, because they have to lower their heads and therefore loose sight of what is happening around them. They are also vulnerable during the 1st year of life. Only 25% of all baby giraffes survive their first year. The giraffe mother gives birth standing up. The baby drops and hits the ground. Ouch. What a way to start. Giraffes live up to 20 –25 yrs old in the wild. They can run up to 35 mph and kick to defend themselves.

Back at camp, Roberto makes the fire for the night. Lindsey comes and takes it all apart. Roberto comments to Tony about it and Tony says you learn to ignore things like that.

We see Shannon commenting to us, about how torn she is over who to send in to the Pit. She strongly feels that Roberto should not be sent to the Pit, but it is not all her decision.

Then Shannon is in a tent talking to Bee and Lindsey. She wants to send in someone else besides Tony and Roberto. That we can send them in next time and break them up. Lindsey and Bee say that if she (Shannon) was smart she would send in Tony and Roberto.

Back to Shannon commenting to us. She says that in all fairness that boy (Roberto) has been to the Pit too many times. She doesn’t have the heart to send him back in.

We see Roberto talking to Tony and he says that he wants to go into the Pit with Bee.

Back to the girls tent. Bee says that if we vote, they (Roberto and Tony) will send me and if I go, I won’t compete. I will just go home.

Back to Shannon talking to us. She wonders if Bee and Lindsey are playing her. Roberto and Tony. Tony and Patrick. No matter what she does it looks wrong. If she sends Patrick, Bee won’t like it. If she sends Roberto and Tony they both won’t like it.

We are now back at the fire pit with the entire Crew to pick who goes into the Lion’s Pit.

Shannon again says that she is here for the strategy. So she is giving everyone 2 votes. You cannot vote for Lindsey or Shannon.

Final tally: Tony 4
    Roberto 4
    Bee 3
    Patrick 1

Roberto and Tony go to the Pit.

Tony comments that if you make the choice random, the responsibility is on other people. If he comes back he will not talk about the game with anyone because everyone is lying about it.

Roberto comments that he thinks Shannon is being played. That Lindsey is riding coat tails. That everyone should be afraid of him (because) if he comes back no one (left can stand) against him.

Shannon comments that it was not her sole decision. “I honestly didn’t think Roberto and Tony would be sent. I don’t know who to trust.”

Tony comments about the decision and Shannon. Couldn’t believe I heard we will let you be king if you promise to get Tony and Roberto off the show. Then about Patrick and how (Patrick) had said ‘I never vote someone off because he is the competition.’ He chose me and Roberto.

The Lion’s Pit

Question 1. Which of the poisonous snakes (we saw) bear live young?

Tony wins the ring toss. He answers the Gabon Viper. He is correct and he chops Roberto’s lifeline on the first try.

Roberto’s last words to Shannon are; ‘you should have made it right’

Shannon wishes him the best and hugs him. Roberto whispers in her ear that ‘Tony has your back don’t worry about it.’

Roberto comments to us that it is OK. That watching the leopard great. That he did conquer his fear of snakes. That it is a total win.

Tony last words in the Pit are that ‘he doesn’t like it is down to him and Roberto.

5 left: Lindsey, Bee, Shannon, Patrick and Tony.

Shannon comments ‘was I played, put in the line of fire to be king, to do the dirty work.

Tony comments ‘I am finally strategizing. I know who I will send in. That’s the end of that.’

Would anyone be interested in sharing ideas about how to make this show better? Comments were made that bringing people back is unfair. Do you want to expand on this and make other suggestions?
    Just changing the editing style would be a huge improvement. This back and for style where they show people talking then switch to confessional than back to the group than back to the confessional, the timimg is off or something. It makes for a horrific recap trying to keep the storyline straight so people can understand what is going on.

When they do show people talking or conspiring show the entire scene because we get little tidbits and we as the audience are not clear as to the players motivations.

King Of The Jungle - Revamped

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Just changing the editing style would be a huge improvement. This back and for style where they show people talking then switch to confessional than back to the group than back to the confessional, the timing is off or something. It makes for a horrific recap trying to keep the storyline straight so people can understand what is going on.

When they do show people talking or conspiring show the entire scene because we get little tidbits and we as the audience are not clear as to the players motivations.
    Shouldn't the contestants all be people that:
    1. Already work with animals or are capable of working with animals?
    2. Are attractive enough to draw an audience?
    3. Can handle the physical demands of the job to be offered?
    4. Have poise in front of the camera
    5. What else?

Shouldn't the host:
    1. Be anyone but Madison?
    2. Not say ceremonial drivel that makes my teeth hurt?
    3. What else?

Shouldn't the game rules:
    1. Disallow contestants to return when previously eliminated?
    2. Involve an elimination method that is fair to all contestants?
    3. Predetermine the method for choosing who will leave each week?
    4. What else?

Shouldn't the producers:
    1. Show events in the order that they take place?
    2. Give us the full gist and not just a confusing tease of conversations?
    3. Ask fans like us for help that they clearly need?
    4. What else?

Shouldn't the game rules:
    1. Disallow contestants to return when previously eliminated?
    2. Involve an elimination method that is fair to all contestants?
    3. Predetermine the method for choosing who will leave each week?
    4. What else?

Shouldn't the producers:
    1. Show events in the order that they take place?
    2. Give us the full gist and not just a confusing tease of conversations?
    3. Ask fans like us for help that they clearly need?
    4. What else?
    Totally agree with the above.

FORT Newbie

why King of the Jungle 2 stinks

Shouldn't the contestants all be people that:
    1. Already work with animals or are capable of working with animals?
    2. Are attractive enough to draw an audience?
    3. Can handle the physical demands of the job to be offered?
    4. Have poise in front of the camera
    5. What else?

I think you missed the first season of King of the Jungle.

They actually had contestants who were working with animals, and were tested in real skills such as animal handling and poise in front of the camera.

Note that the first season's winner did get to host a show: a one-time only one-hour special. Then we never heard from her again.

My understanding is that the producers wanted better ratings for season 2, so they INTENTIONALLY chose people who were "more like the audience" (read: no experience with animals).

Then they turned the show into a poor SURVIVOR/ROAD RULES-GAUNTLET clone.

If I want to watch animals, I'll watch a real animal program. If I want to watch ROAD RULES THE GAUNTLET, I'll watch that. I'm not going to bother watching a cheesy combination of the two.

I did miss the first season and it doesn't sound as though I missed much based on the comments made about it. I still think the contestants should be at least tested prior to the show to see, if they are CAPABLE of working with various types of animals. (Cherry was scared or repelled by many of the animals on the show.) Charisma is important too. Perhaps they just had slim pickins to choose from.

The show does have potential. But if next season's show (will there be one?) is not reworked/improved, I for one will not be watching it. Lang was the only contestant this season that I would watch, if given his own program.
    Last edited by dberk; 09-12-2004 at 05:44 PM. Reason: You caught me!

Lang was the only contestant this season that I would watch, if given his own program.

He is the total package, even though he can't get along with people. His interaction with the animals comes across as fun and warm, though. That's what counts, imo, if you're starring in your own show.

I don't really care for any of the people left. At first everyone was fun, but know those that are left are just boring and their personality is not shining through anymore. I won't watch the show that the winner stars in.

I'm so glad Lindsay is gone. She thought her goody goody too-shoes charm would get her to the end. :rolleyes Bee is not competetive, so I want her to be eliminated. I guess I'd want Tony to win from those left.

+ Reply to Thread