+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: King of the Jungle II

8/31 Recap - Part 2

Everyone fell asleep in the Kingís Tent while waiting for the result of the Lionís Pit.
    Everyone is surprised to see Roberto and Shannon. Lindsey is thrilled to see Shannon, Looks as if they had bonded. Bee is uncomfortable with Roberto thinks he will come after her because she has his Hawk Totem. Roberto says he wants it back.

There is a bit of a reunion. The crew tells Shannon and Roberto about Lang, Roberto comments that he always thought that there had been something fishy about Lang from the beginning.

Bee comments that Roberto always comes into a situation and he leeches onto somebody and forms a manipulative bond. Roberto and Tony are reestablishing their friendship.

Cynthia comments that the calm is gone and the tension is back.

Later we see Shannon, Bee, Cynthia and Lindsey in the kitchen tent. Scott, the animal handler drives up and brings a baby River Otter with him. Everyone gathers outside to play with the otter. The otter is making chirping noises, Scott explains that these chirps can be heard a mile away. Otterís range from Canada to Florida and that they are carnivorous. Otters store fat in their tails. The bigger the tail the healthier the otter.

Later, Bee comments how the peace is broken and now is the time to survive.

Roberto comments that is feels weird to have been gone for 6 days.

Lindsey comments that Tony is acting different to the woman now that Roberto is back, Tony is acting as if he has something to prove.

Everyone goes on a 1 hour hike to a lake to check out the gators and other wildlife.

Shannon comments that is sad to have missed the chimp.

Bee comments that Roberto is not her favorite person.

Bird Mail Ė The reward is for everyone.

The crew gets to meet an African leopard. These animals used to be the most populous of the big cats and had a range from Africa to Asia but now they are on the endangered species list. These cats can leap 20 ft. They are the most powerful pound for pound of the big cats. The males can weigh up to 200 lbs. After they make a kill they take their prey up into the trees. Prey has been found as high as 50 ft. They can drag their own body weight up a tree. Leopards have very long tails up to half the length of their body, the tail helps them balance while they are climbing. In short bursts they can reach speeds of 30 mph. They are a nonsocial cat and can live up to 15 yrs in the wild. Leopards are nocturnal but will hunt in the day. Their hearing is 5 times greater than ours. They can hear the subsonic sounds that mice make. Also, leopards do not mind the water.

Then there is a sidebar and Madison introduces us to a new Animal Planet host.

There is an announcement made that this new show will appear Oct 5th, right after the winnerís special. That means that there are 3 more episodes and than the winnerís special. We shall see.

After meeting the leopard the Crew walks into the woods and finds a note attached to a ladder. The note tells everyone to go climb the ladder and there is a dinner waiting for them. Everyone is having a great time until Patrick announces that the note also said that he had to pick 2 more people to go into the Lionís Pit. Again, Cynthia volunteers. Shannon is amazed that Cynthia did that.

Roberto comments that Patrick should just pick someone, not do a random draw, that a random draw just makes Patrick not feel guilty because he has to send someone into the pit again. Roberto feels that a random draw is a cop out.

Patrick says is doesnít like picking any one he feels a random draw is the best way to be fair to everyone.

Roberto is picked. Roberto comments that he should have demanded to see what the piece of paper actually said.

Cynthia wants to see Roberto go because he has repeatedly said he doesnít want to see any women in the final four.

We see Shannon drilling Roberto in animal facts before the Lionís Pit. She does discuss her strategy of sharing info. It might help her. It might bite her.

The Lionís Pit.

Question 1: The leopard has exceptional hearing, how many times greater than humans?
    Roberto wins. Answer: 5 times greater. Correct. He chops and gets Cynthiaís totem on the first try.

Cynthia is a very gracious loser. Regardless of how she feels having Roberto in the game she wishes him luck.

Roberto made some comments and we see previews of next weeks show and Shannon is being vocal and Tony is upset saying it must be his time to go.

["Then there is a sidebar and Madison introduces us to a new Animal Planet host."]

Sorry, but I have to pull a Columbo and ask one more thing. Is the new Animal Planet host someone that will be working with Madison (who is terrible) or (hopefully) replacing her? I missed the first hour and was so thrilled to see Cherry exit that I didn't plan to catch the show later in the week. Could someone please fill me in about the new host?

p.s. I don't know how to have the Quote show up properly from the recap, so this was the best i could do.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    ["Then there is a sidebar and Madison introduces us to a new Animal Planet host."]

Sorry, but I have to pull a Columbo and ask one more thing. Is the new Animal Planet host someone that will be working with Madison (who is terrible) or (hopefully) replacing her? I missed the first hour and was so thrilled to see Cherry exit that I didn't plan to catch the show later in the week. Could someone please fill me in about the new host?

p.s. I don't know how to have the Quote show up properly from the recap, so this was the best i could do.

This sidebar with Madison and this new guy has nothing to do with King of the Jungle 2, it was a promo for this guys new show, he is a Doctor of Zoology with a speciality in reptiles and his show will premiere after the last episode of KOTJ2 runs on October 5th. Madison will remain as host.

Thanks for changing your posts it is much easier to read.

Thanks for the host info. I don't know why I keep watching this show. It is truely terrible. Unfortunately I'm hooked now and have to watch it to the (without Lang) bitter end.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    Thanks for the host info. I don't know why I keep watching this show. It is truely terrible. Unfortunately I'm hooked now and have to watch it to the (without Lang) bitter end.

This show is a class act compared to Complex Malibu.

Huh?

I never heard of Complex Malibu and based on this recommendation I won't be looking into it.

As pathetic as it sounds I'm still hoping that at the end of King of the Jungle II they bring in Lang and say "Ha Ha you bunch of losers we had always planned to crown Lang in the end no matter you did-hand over your totems!"

9/7 - at last a new episode at 8pm EST

Just a reminder now the holiday is over and so are the Olympics, there is a new episode on Tuesday night at 8pm set your VCR's and Tivo's.

Hope to see Shannon and Tony blow up.

Shannon, Shannon, Shannon. All this woman said is I am here to compete and its about strategy. OK............................ Then don't get upset with the other players it you are too weak, gutless, spinless, whatever and cannot make a decision based on strategy. Shannon abidicated any power she had as king and let the group decide. Did she really think that she could control the group. Please, there are alliances and she let them dictate the outcome of who got picked to go to the Lion's Pit. Yes, these physically weaker players used what they could, their brains and their strategy to survive. Brains, strategy, strength and will are all important parts to survival and the physically strong players tend to forget this; are arrogant in their physical superiority and then are upset when other players use other legitimate means to win. Shannon shouldn't be surprised then at the outcome and she shouldn't act as if she were betrayed. She asked for it. Actually, she caused it to happen.

What was the point of the exchange with Tony. This is a game and you just made an enemy.

What's with poor Tony pouting cause his man friend is gone. It only makes sense to send the 2 strongest playest into the Pit, because you will eliminate half of the threat, duh....

Big mistake Shannon

I agree that Shannon should have made a strategic decision based on her own future in the game. However, while Roberto & Tony may appear to be the strongest players and the logical choices to go to the pit, I don't think they were the most strategic choice. Roberto/Tony were right in saying that the other women will get rid of her the first chance they got. Her best strategic move should have been sending Tony and Bee. Roberto would have been happy with her for being spared (also she didn't want to send him anyway, because he had been there too many times). Tony would have had a shot at eliminating Bee personally. (Shannon should also have apologized to Tony for jumping down his throat at the campfire-this misunderstanding was clearly due to her brief absence from the show). Lindsey wouldn't have had anyone else to align with (assuming Bee lost-and she said she wouldn't even try to win).

Of course, the key to the success of this plan would have been sharing her reasons with the others in the nicest possible way. What do ya think of this reasoning?

My favorite argument out of this whole episode was when Bea was talking about how the removed the tension and now it's back. :rolleyes HELLO!! It's a contest with ONE winner! I would have put up Tony and Roberto too. The only chance the remaining women have is to get rid of the guys. Tony is not only fast but knowledgeable. Bea (who was once one of my faves) has to go. What was that crap about "if I'm selected to go to the pit, I won't compete". I would have handed her walking papers right then and there. I'm sure careful editing played a part in why we don't know Bea's rationale for saying this, however, it's a game. If you aren't going to play nice, get out of the sandbox!

Sharon is all talk. Competitor my butt...more like control freak!

+ Reply to Thread