+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: King of the Jungle II

As a matter of fact..I did!!

/wondering if I'm saying too much.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    As a matter of fact..I did!!

/wondering if I'm saying too much.
    We're all animal lovers here, we understand.

I Miss Lang

One Of The Things About Lang's Outbursts That Must Be Mentioned Is That When Asked How Well He Slept The Nights Before Going To The Pit, He Said Very Little. It Sounds To Me That He Was Basically Going Without Sleep For 48 Hours. That Affects People Physically, Mentally And Emotionally. Physically- Lang's Trouble With The Challenges And His Misjudgments With The Ring In The Pit That Led To His Broken Thumb.

[after The First Injury It Looked Like Jacob May Have Deliberately Aimed For His Injury When He Saw Lang Had Beaten Him Again. It's Typical Of A Weasel Like Him To Exploit Weaknesses. Also He Had Nothing To Lose Because He Was Leaving The Show The Next Day Due To A Death In His Family. He Freely Admitted That Without The Injury Lang Was Unbeatable.]

Mentally- As Was Previously Stated By Others, Lang Wouldn't Be Very Successful At His Job Without Knowing How To Deal With People. Also Good Looking, Friendly People Are Used To Being Liked. I'm Sure He Had A Hard Time Dealing With Their Attitudes Toward Him For That Reason As Well.

[he Definitely Had Cherry Pegged When He Said She Was Hard Underneath Her "sweet" Exterior. That Was Evident With The Way She Reacted To Being Called Shallow. And She Was- Sending Lang And Henry To The Pit Was Done Out Of Sheer Spite On Her Part. She Refused To Accept That She Had No Business Being On That Show. Having Her On A Nature Show Was Ridiculous. Physically She Would Never Have Been Able To Take Much And Most Of The Animals Disgusted Or Scared Her. You Could See It On Her Face.]

Emotionally Lang Was Spent. He Was A Target From Day One. Several Fans Here Commented That He Would Be A Great Host For An Apl Show. He Clearly Is The Whole Package. Look Back To The Way Henry Was His Only Real Friend Even Before His Outbursts. Only Henry Had The Self-confidence To Stand Up And Be Counted While Others Commented How Much They Liked Him, But Knew They Couldn't Possibly Compete With Him And So Kept Their Distance. The Other "competitors" Were Looking For Any Excuse To Get Rid Of Him. They Made No Secret About It And Without Sleep His Natural Defenses Were Too Depleted To Blow It Off And Put On A Happy Face. People Telling You That A 13 Yr Old Was More Mature Than You, That You Have No Integrity, Treating You With Kid Gloves Like You're Nuts And Who Knows What Else Would Make Anyone Emotional. Throughout The Show They Are Told To Work With A "survival Of The Fittest" Mentality. If The Women Interpreted That As Physical Strength, They Should Look To The Animal Kingdom Where The Female Of The Species Is Usually The Most Vicious, Because They Have To Be To Survive And Protect Their Young. The Crybabies Of The Show Are The Woman. Their Insecurities Are An Embarrassment To The Rest Of Us.

gee, what explains Langs other outbursts?

Can you explain the women's insecurities?

Most good looking are not always liked just because they are beautiful. A lot of people figure they already have an advantage why give them more.

I Have Sleep Apnea So I Can Totally Relate To How It Affects Your Health. It Wipes You Out! I Think All Of Lang's Outbursts Can Be Traced Back To It.

People May Not Want To Like Good Looking People, But We Are Drawn To Them Nonetheless. It's Part Of The "survival Of The Fittest" Makeup. We May Not Think Of Ourselves As Being Part Of The Animal Kingdom, But Nature Will Not Be Denied. When Was The Last Time You Looked At A Member Of The Opposite Sex, And Couldn't Wait To Jump Their Mind Or Their Sense Of Humor. Fess Up! Looks Aren't Everything, But They Are Usually The First Thing.

I Said The Women Are Insecure Because They Handled The Men's Comments Badly. A Self-confident Women Would Have Smiled And Said "bring It On" Quietly And Shut Them Up By Doing Well In The Challenges. They Would Not Have Cried In Their Hankies And Reacted In Spite. If Cherry Would Have Sent Them To The Pit Saying That They Were Too Much Competition, I Would Have Respected Her For Her Common Sense. But Her Reasons Showed Her For The Poor Gamesperson She Was. I Was Trilled To See Her Go.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    One Of The Things About Lang's Outbursts That Must Be Mentioned Is That When Asked How Well He Slept The Nights Before Going To The Pit, He Said Very Little. It Sounds To Me That He Was Basically Going Without Sleep For 48 Hours. That Affects People Physically, Mentally And Emotionally. Physically- Lang's Trouble With The Challenges And His Misjudgments With The Ring In The Pit That Led To His Broken Thumb.

[after The First Injury It Looked Like Jacob May Have Deliberately Aimed For His Injury When He Saw Lang Had Beaten Him Again. It's Typical Of A Weasel Like Him To Exploit Weaknesses. Also He Had Nothing To Lose Because He Was Leaving The Show The Next Day Due To A Death In His Family. He Freely Admitted That Without The Injury Lang Was Unbeatable.]

Mentally- As Was Previously Stated By Others, Lang Wouldn't Be Very Successful At His Job Without Knowing How To Deal With People. Also Good Looking, Friendly People Are Used To Being Liked. I'm Sure He Had A Hard Time Dealing With Their Attitudes Toward Him For That Reason As Well.

[he Definitely Had Cherry Pegged When He Said She Was Hard Underneath Her "sweet" Exterior. That Was Evident With The Way She Reacted To Being Called Shallow. And She Was- Sending Lang And Henry To The Pit Was Done Out Of Sheer Spite On Her Part. She Refused To Accept That She Had No Business Being On That Show. Having Her On A Nature Show Was Ridiculous. Physically She Would Never Have Been Able To Take Much And Most Of The Animals Disgusted Or Scared Her. You Could See It On Her Face.]

Emotionally Lang Was Spent. He Was A Target From Day One. Several Fans Here Commented That He Would Be A Great Host For An Apl Show. He Clearly Is The Whole Package. Look Back To The Way Henry Was His Only Real Friend Even Before His Outbursts. Only Henry Had The Self-confidence To Stand Up And Be Counted While Others Commented How Much They Liked Him, But Knew They Couldn't Possibly Compete With Him And So Kept Their Distance. The Other "competitors" Were Looking For Any Excuse To Get Rid Of Him. They Made No Secret About It And Without Sleep His Natural Defenses Were Too Depleted To Blow It Off And Put On A Happy Face. People Telling You That A 13 Yr Old Was More Mature Than You, That You Have No Integrity, Treating You With Kid Gloves Like You're Nuts And Who Knows What Else Would Make Anyone Emotional. Throughout The Show They Are Told To Work With A "survival Of The Fittest" Mentality. If The Women Interpreted That As Physical Strength, They Should Look To The Animal Kingdom Where The Female Of The Species Is Usually The Most Vicious, Because They Have To Be To Survive And Protect Their Young. The Crybabies Of The Show Are The Woman. Their Insecurities Are An Embarrassment To The Rest Of Us.
    I'm curious to know why you didn't capitalize that word?
    Just to let you know, your posts are very hard to read.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I only caught about 20 minutes of the latest episode of this the other day.
    I hate it when I get lost on a reality show. I have NO idea what is going on, or why. It was that 2 week (?) scramble they did that screwed me up.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I Miss Lang

I Capitalize Everything-force Of Habit. I Don't Know Why You Find It Hard To Read, But I Have Nothing More To Say So It Won't Be A Future Problem. I've Never "spoken Out" Like This Before, So I Don't Fully Understand The Process. Do You Disagree With My Content? If Yes, I'm Smiling And Saying Quietly "bring It On". Ha!

dberk, stay around, we always like to have new opinions here! Not to pick on you, but I also find your posts extremely hard to read with the capital letters.
    I also didn't mind Cherry being eliminated, she said herself she wasn't even that comfortable outdoors, and she got to stay long enough to experience some new things. That said, I hated the twist of bringing back the players that had already been eliminated. It seems that a lot of shows I like have been doing this lately, and I think it's a lame twist. Once you're eliminated, you should be permanantly gone!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

8/31 Recap - Part 1 - The Calm Before the Storm

Quick review of Lion’s Pit between Jacob and Lang. To refresh our memories since it has been 2 weeks.

Opening shot of camp, Patrick, Cynthia, Lindsey and Cherry are wondering what is going on.

Shot of Bee walking alone, looking g sad.

The crew is wondering why she looks so sad…..then we see Jacob …..Bee lifts her head and skips forward….they were just putting the crew on…

We see shots of everyone commenting that they are glad Jacob is back and Lang is gone. Everyone is in the kitchen tent and Bee and Jacob are telling everyone how the Lion’s Pit went and how Lang broke his thumb.

Jacob gets up and makes an announcement. His wife called last nite and told him that his grandfather had passed away. He wanted to go thru the Lion’s Pit because he knew everyone wanted Lang gone and that, Jacob was their best chance to accomplish that. Everyone hugs Jacob and he leaves for his grandfather’s funeral.

Six left: Cherry
    Lindsey
    Cynthia
    Patrick
    Tony
    Bee

Next, the crew all go out and meet and ostrich, ostrich’s can reach a height of 8 ft and up to 300 lbs. The males have the black and white coloring, the female is grey. They are given an ostrich egg to hold, the eggs weight about 3 lbs. A human can stand on an ostrich egg and it will not break. Ostriches can run up to 40 mph and maintain that speed for 30 minutes. Their stride while running measures 16 ft. The males spread their wings in display during mating dances. Ostriches will also spread their wings to make themselves look bigger. Most birds have 3 or 4 toes and ostrich has 2. The bigger one is 9 inches long and 4 inches of that is a claw. Ostriches can disembowel a lion.

Next, the challenge. The object of the challenge is to get an egg out of a block of ice with out breaking the block of ice and get the letters off the egg and use wooden tiles to spell the egg’s name. The remaining 6 pair off into teams of 2: Cynthia and Tony, Cherry and Lindsey, Patrick and Bee. Basically, everyone is rubbing body parts over the blocks of ice to create friction thus heat and melt the ice. Cherry uses her boobs. Cynthia is lying on top of Tony and he is rubbing his chest on the ice. Bee is using her butt. One of the funnier scenes. It gets kinda graphic. Patrick and Bee manage to melt a hole in the ice and start breathing down the hole to wPatrick and Bee get the letters out and so do Cherry and Lindsey. Patrick and Bee win and since there can only be one, everyone picks Patrick to be the king.

Back at camp everyone wears a Mohawk in honor of Jacob. Cynthia starts a water fight and everyone gets involved and Cynthia ends up tripping over the fire pit and at first it looks as if she has sprained an ankle. She goes to have it checked and comes back on crutches and says that she tore some ligaments and tendons. While Cynthia was gone there was Bird Mail and Patrick and Lindsey went off to meet a 4 month old North American Black Bear cub named Anita. Black bears are very good climbers, their range is from Florida all the way north to Canada. They actually get larger in cold climates. During hibernation they do not defecate, and in Florida since it is so warm they rarely hibernate. Bears pant to cool themselves off. Anita bites Lindsey of her upper arm. Bears eat the berries of the Sago Palm and Saw Palmetto. There diet is 80% plants and 12% insects such as ants, bees and wasps. Honey is just a side benefit.

Later back at camp Cynthia is crying in her tent, she is upset and does not want to go home.

Patrick has to make a decision who to take to the Lion’s Pit. Bee is out, Cynthia volunteers and a random drawing gets Cherry.

Bird Mail again. The Lion’s Pit will be that nite not next morning. Patrick, Cherry and Cynthia go to the Lion’s Pit. Madison greets them and tells them a speech about how the tribe is weakened and that they can be challenged by another group. Patrick can choose to save only one person. He chooses Cynthia. Then the challengers arrive. It is Henry, Shannon and Roberto, with lion marking drawn on their faces and arms. Patrick chooses the challenges. It is Henry vs Roberto and Cherry vs Shannon. They are playing for the challenger’s totem. There will be 5 questions and only 5 lifelines will be used. Patrick hangs the totem on each side of the pit.

Question 1: how does male flamingo differ from a female?
    Henry wins: Answer: The male is taller. Wrong, there is no difference. Roberto Chops and Henry is safe.

Question 2: The birds process of cleaning its feathers is?
    Henry wins: Answer: preening. Correct. Henry chops and Roberto is safe.

Question 3: What is the fastest an angry or frightened elephant can run?
    Henry wins: Answer: 30 mph. Wrong. 25 mph. Roberto chops and Henry is safe.

Question 4: Why do flamingoes stand on one leg?
    Henry wins: Answer: as a cooling method. Wrong. As a way to heat their bodies. Roberto chops and Henry is safe.

Question 5: What is the purpose of spots on a young lion cub’s body?
    Roberto wins: Answer: disruptive camouflage. Correct. Roberto chops last lifeline and gets the challenger’s totem. Henry says good bye. Roberto says he is glad to be back and Patrick is glad Roberto is back. Cynthia is not glad to see Roberto back.

Now it is Cherry and Shannon fighting for Cherry’s totem.

Question 1: what are female elephants called?
    Shannon wins: Answer: cows. Correct. (Cherry does not even try for the ring)

Question 2: lions live in Africa, what other country do they live in?
    Shannon wins: Answer: Asia. Wrong. India is the correct answer.
    Cherry chops and Shannon is safe.

Question 3: Which species of elephant is the largest?
    Shannon wins: Answer: African. Correct. She chops and gets Cherry’s totem. Shannon is so excited that she does a roundoff.

Cherry says its ok that this experience was really stepping out of her box and that she is not a nature girl so it is ok.

Patrick says that he will miss Cherry but not her snores.

Roberto says it does not seem real. He can't wait to see tony's reaction.

Shannon says ‘Game On’.

Lineup: Lindsey, Shannon, Bee, Cynthia,
    Tony, Patrick, Roberto

End of the first Hour.

Thanks bearcata!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread